Xbox One Controller cant connect via USB to Win 10

Discus and support Xbox One Controller cant connect via USB to Win 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, so i got a bluetooth capable xbox one controller but i cant for the love of god after 6 hours of reading and trying, get it to work. The thing is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HighOnBuffs, Feb 13, 2020.

1. HighOnBuffs
    HighOnBuffs Guest

Hi, so i got a bluetooth capable xbox one controller but i cant for the love of god after 6 hours of reading and trying, get it to work.

The thing is i could pair it via bluetooth and it gets recognized but it still just flashes white and doesnt work in games.

Via cable no matter in what port i put the cable HUB or directly even unplugging everything else it isnt recognized. It just keeps flashing.

The accessories app also does nothing and i dont see it in device manager.

I only see it there under bluetooth if i connected it via bluetooth.

***Moved from Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

:)

HighOnBuffs, Feb 13, 2020
  2. HighOnBuffs Win User

Hi i figured it out it was the cable! I tried a different one and it worked!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hello HighOnBuffs

Thank you for posting on the forums! I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

Can you try a different USB cable with everything else removed? Also plug it directly into the PC, not in a USB HUB.

Is Windows up to date? Check your Update Assistant in your settings.

It's important to try a different cable and make sure Windows is up to date so drivers are up to date. If you can, I'd also recommend connecting the controller to a different device, like another PC or an Xbox One console.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi HighOnBuffs

Thank you for letting us know that your issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums and create a new thread for further
    assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create your own thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again, and have a great day!
  5. Blinkyman Win User

Xbox One Controller has stopped working with Bluetooth (will not connect) in Win 10

Is it possible to download and install the xbox driver to the device manager manually?

Realise that when connected via USB Win 10 recognises the connection and installs automatically and that via Bluetooth it should work the same way.
  6. SimonHallberg Win User

Xbox one controller on Windows 10

I cant configure the Xbox controller in the app becuase it says: this controller is connected via Bluetooth. Connect it with a USB-cabel if you want to configure it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller cant connect via USB to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Controller cant connect

2. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  3. Xbox Controller Cant Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Cant Update: Hi, my xbox controller cant update and stuck at 0% when update. I waiting for 1 hour and more ecadd6af-198c-484e-8c1c-5ecea50a8367
  4. xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC: My Xbox controller recently stopped connecting to my pc, and only works wirelessly. I have tried to unpair in Bluetooth, and get "failed to remove device". When I try to remove the device in...
  5. The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...: The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels stuck. 0f063b2b-3b20-472d-94d0-77b804dd47f5
  6. Xbox controller fortnight cant connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller fortnight cant connect: Fortnight doesn’t seem to recognize controller?? 105d3d78-38e1-4fbf-8cb5-5fd86a8605f1
  7. I cant rename my Xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant rename my Xbox one controller: Hello team, I cant rename my Xbox one controller. OS: W10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3636) Scenario: Type in Control Panel on the Cortana Search field. Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices...
  8. Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...

in XboX Insiders
    Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...: since todays update i'm unable to take a screenshot with my controller by pressing the button that makes captures/game clips on the series x controller i have tried to reset the controller through...
  9. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller: Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant reconnect it to my computer. I tried to remove...
  10. I cant verify the serial number of my elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant verify the serial number of my elite controller: this is what am getting: We couldn't verify the serial number. Check the serial number and try again. Region is the Netherlands. tried all the: select the device options. Nothing worked. error...