Xbox One Controller - Bluetooth audio broken After firmware update

Discus and support Xbox One Controller - Bluetooth audio broken After firmware update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday I bought a Xbox One controller to be used on my PC with Windows 10; the first installation went smoothly the controller was fine via... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Peppe13, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Peppe13
    Peppe13 Guest

Yesterday I bought a Xbox One controller to be used on my PC with Windows 10; the first installation went smoothly the controller was fine via bluetooth and Remote Bluetooth audio headphones worked. Then I installed Xbox rotola app following microsoft's
    procedure and updated the controller firmware: update completed successfully, the controller still works but not the audio via Bluetooth; Windows 10 recognizes it as a controller but do not see the audio remote hardware via Bluetooth; if I connect The controller
    via cable audio works, the problem is only via bluetooth; i guess it is not the controller but a driver / firmware issue. I also read on Amazon that other users have encountered the same problem.

I have already contacted by chat Xbox and Windows Support and they opened practice 1361214831. With them we followed the basic troubleshooting procedures without success. They suggested I write here to get a return from Microsoft as soon as the issue is resolved.

The controller is great, i hope Microsoft will fix this firmware issue..

:)

Peppe13, Nov 1, 2016
  2. roobM
    roobM Guest
    Firmware update: Lost audio over bluetooth with Xbox one bluetooth controller and Win10

Hello, today I bought an Xbox One Bluetooth controller for playing with pc. It seems to work well, but after firmware update, the controller has lost the functionality of streaming audio over bluetooth. Before the update, it was possible to use it as audio
    playback device. It would be possible to "unlock" the lost feature or to come back to the previous firmware? I really appreciate any help you can provide. Sorry for my english...

roobM, Nov 1, 2016
  3. roobM
    roobM Guest
    Firmware update: Lost audio over bluetooth with xbox one bluetooth controller and win10

Hello, today I bought an Xbox One Bluetooth controller for playing with pc. It seems to work well, but after firmware update,the controller has lost the functionality of streaming audio over bluetooth.
    Before the update, it was possible to use it as audio playback device. It would be possible to "unlock" the lost feature or to come back to the previous firmware? I really appreciate any help you can provide. Sorry for my english...

roobM, Nov 1, 2016
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Difficulty connecting Xbox controller to PC via bluetooth.

Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your controller to your PC. We understand you have the Xbox accessories app and it's updated.

Do you have an Xbox console as well? Did you update your controller via the Xbox console? The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem. You can follow the steps here: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

Please check the following troubleshooting steps here: Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Additional resources:

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

-Hayabusa
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox elite 2 connection to pc issues

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Elite Series 2 controller to your PC.

Do you have an Xbox console as well? Did you update your controller via the Xbox console? The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem. You can follow the steps here: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

Please check the following troubleshooting steps here: Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Additional resources:

-Hayabusa
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

xbox elite 2 not connecting

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Elite Series 2 controller to your PC.

Additional resources:

-Hayabusa
  7. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox elite 2 controller problem after update

Hi JoshO'Dell1! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some older non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  8. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Laptop not detecting Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Hi IxArteese! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some older non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller - Bluetooth audio broken After firmware update - Similar Threads - Controller Bluetooth audio

2. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  3. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  4. Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth: My xbox elite model 1 controller wont even show up on bluetooth. It has new batteries its literally against next to bluetooth adapter, i tried reseting controller and pc many times and it just...
  5. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable: Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it The problem doesn't come from...
  6. My xbox controller when pluged in with a cable, or via bluetooth crashes explorer.exe when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller when pluged in with a cable, or via bluetooth crashes explorer.exe when...: My Xbox controller when plugged in with a cable, or via Bluetooth crashes explorer.exe when I restart or shut down my pc. I have done an in place upgrade, I am having the same problem on my other...
  7. My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...: I purchased a new xbox elite series 2 core controller. Yesterday I tried connecting it to my pc via Bluetooth but controller is not going into pairing mode (holding pairing button for 3 seconds)....
  8. Is my controller compatible with Bluetooth?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my controller compatible with Bluetooth?: I own an original Xbox one and I want to know if my controller is compatible with Bluetooth so I can test out the remote play features eff7f74a-776b-4abe-8ea3-60e1985c7cfb
  9. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  10. Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...: I see that it can connect via blue tooth to have the audio transfered from the TV to the Bluetooth headset, but what if you are not using Bluetooth. How does one get the audio to play by plugging...