Xbox One Controller becomes unresponsive when left idle for a few seconds

Discus and support Xbox One Controller becomes unresponsive when left idle for a few seconds in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one controller I had purchased less than 3 months ago that I connect via Bluetooth to my pc (Win10) . It used to work perfectly fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AdityaS95, Oct 14, 2018.

1. AdityaS95
    AdityaS95 Guest

I have an Xbox one controller I had purchased less than 3 months ago that I connect via Bluetooth to my pc (Win10) . It used to work perfectly fine until recently. Now while using it whether it be in
    game or in steam big picture, mode if I pause or leave the controller idle (say for example during a game cut scene) even for a few seconds (3 second or so) it stops responding. The lights on it are on and static indicating it's detecting connected to the
    PC. To make it work again I have to alt+Tab out of the game and alt+Tab back in. It also doesn't automatically connect when I turn it on until I open the bluetooth pairing menu in Windows 10. I am suspecting it's got something to do with the new windows update
    since that is the only thing that's changed since the last time it was working. I am yet to test it with USB and can't try the official dongle since I don't have it. The controller is updated. I have tried the troubleshooting steps at: Connect
    and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    at XBox Support but that didnt work either.

:)

AdityaS95, Oct 14, 2018
  2. sav1035
    sav1035 Guest
    Controller Unresponsive

I have recently bought a new controller for my Xbox One S, the controller synced with the Xbox but the controller becomes unresponsive after a few seconds. The controller works perfectly when it responds so I know it is not an issue with the controls.

Battery’s are fully charged, I have turned the console off and on, I’ve gone through the entire process and nothing helps.

Any advise?

sav1035, Oct 14, 2018
  3. TJman94
    TJman94 Guest
    Xbox One Wireless Controller PC Issues

In most PC games, when I try to use my Xbox One controller it will work fine for a few minutes but then it will become unresponsive; constantly moving the left control stick forward and not letting me make any other input. I'm running Windows 10 on a custom-built
    PC, and all drivers seem to be up to date on both my PC and controller. Also, the controller works just fine when playing on the Xbox One. Any ideas on how to fix it?

TJman94, Oct 14, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hello Aditya,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Are you part of the windows insider program? By any chance, do you have a second controller to test out?

In the end if all troubleshooting failed, that controller has 3 months of warranty on it if it was bought brand new. You will not be able to set up your own repair
    without an xbox one console to register to your account first. This console can be out of warranty, that's fine, it is just needed to set up accessory orders.

If you do not have a console to register, please
    contact us here
    to speak with a live agent for assistance.

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Oct 15, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller pc stops responding after idle

2. controller no response after idle