Xbox One console set to English, but in-game text is in Japanese - HELP

Discus and support Xbox One console set to English, but in-game text is in Japanese - HELP in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm an American living in Japan. My Xbox One is set to English while the region is set to Japan. I have Game Pass, and every game I've downloaded and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MaxSterling1, Mar 26, 2021.

1. MaxSterling1
    MaxSterling1 Guest

I'm an American living in Japan. My Xbox One is set to English while the region is set to Japan. I have Game Pass, and every game I've downloaded and gone though (probably over 10 by this point) has been completely in English. All of a sudden, I download Alien: Isolation, and all of the in-game text is in Japanese. Can someone explain this to me? There's no option within the game to change the language, obviously, so I'm not sure if this can even be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

MaxSterling1, Mar 26, 2021
  2. TheCrazyBorg Win User

Panzer Dragoon Orta is running in japanese on english Xbox One

Xbox Support already went with the xbox one system reset where language and Region was set again.

Yes, the Console itself is physically located in Europe and not Japan (and never was).

As support pointed out, the disc says "NTSC-J", which is very much likely a japanese disc.

But it runs on my PAL classic Xbox in english. So there is english text data on the disc itself, so why did it download only the japanese text on the Xbox One?

And even if the 3,5 GB download on the xbox one was just an "emulator" and not the game itself, why didn't it use the english data on the disc?
  3. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Yakuza 0

The game is always in japanese audio cannot be change in English and the text go to setting and the subtitle should be on "On".
  4. DustyStraws92 Win User

Japanese Fallout 4 played in US on a US Xbox?

Hi SpookyFoxMu1der!

It should work fine as the Xbox One is region free and has been since the day one launch. The only thing is the game will be in Japanese. Like you mentioned though you may be able to change the text to English, but my guess would be that you can't change
    the text. I say that because it is the Japanese version and I doubt they added English to it because there are so few people who speak English in Japan.
  5. PhilMarck Win User

Metal Gear Rising Japanese Demo to be released on the 13th December 2012

It has happened. Like, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit in Japan got a demo with Japanese audio/text only, and then the international was English dub/text.

-

A very few demos have Japanese/English on the XBL JPN Marketplace, and the exclusive Japanese Xbox 360 scramble my mind on what the hell they're about. It's just text and pictures. x_x
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Downloaded games with gold star wars republic commando but it's in japanese

Hi Zen-26,

Thank you for coming to the forums, I'd be happy to try and help.

That's odd that the first game you downloaded, which also was an Xbox original BWC game, was in English but this one is Japanese.

Is everything in Japanese like text and audio? Do you have any connection with a Japanese billing account or address or is this completely random?

I'd make sure your console system language settings aren't set to Japanese or anything.

Also, go to
    https://marketplace.xbox.com/
    and make sure that the Xbox 360 marketplace is set to your region, you can check at the lower left corner at the bottom of the page.
Thema:

1. Xbox One console set to English, but in-game text is in Japanese - HELP - Similar Threads - console set English

2. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  5. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  6. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  7. Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....: Hi Please help me to fix this problem, i tried using wireless connection and wired connection still no use. And it is a new one, im setting up the console and i got stock at console update....
  8. How to set up console's location?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up console's location?: Im from Slovenija and can not enter microsoft reward because of an error. (Update your console'a location) Tring to change the lenguage and location it stil dose not vork. Thanke you....
  9. Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.: Every time I turn on my console I have to go through the whole console setup process with the app. I’ve read similar issues in this community and here’s what I have already checked. I have the Dec...
  10. If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?: So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your account. Does this still work for the Series S and...