XBox One connecting HDMI to Component Video + Audio

Discus and support XBox One connecting HDMI to Component Video + Audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recent purchase of XBox One. Would like to connect to existing receiver that supports Component Video + Audio. Do I need an active (powered)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LumberDrake901, Jan 7, 2014.

1. XBox One connecting HDMI to Component Video + Audio

Recent purchase of XBox One.

Would like to connect to existing receiver that supports Component Video + Audio.

Do I need an active (powered) converter box to convert HDMI (digital) to Component Video + Audio (analog)?

The converter boxes I see that don't have issues with screen centering and audio are roughly $60-$90 or much more.

Or is there a cable with an internal passive (unpowered) chip that will do this for much less $$?

And if a cable like this exists, does it actually work successfully?

Note that I want the picture to be Component Video quality, that is why I'm going thru my receiver so that I can hook to a projection monitor and surround sound audio.

Also, I'm not interested in changing the receiver for one that supports HDMI, and yes I know that XBox does not officially support not connecting directly to the TV.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide!

:)

LumberDrake901, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Question: Will the Xbox One have S-Video component cables?

The Xbox One has HDMI out for Video/Audio output ( HDMI input as well ) and an Optical Out for Audio.

S-Video hasn't been around for a few years now since it would be pointless XBox One connecting HDMI to Component Video + Audio :) Rather bad even over 12 years ago that I last used one. You might mean component and NOT S-video, which the Xbox One doesn't support either. The good news is that you can just
    use a simple HDMI->Component cable which does a fine job converting the output to what you might need XBox One connecting HDMI to Component Video + Audio :)

Just Bing "HDMI to Component" and you will see if that is what you need.

ManosKaratarakis, Jan 7, 2014
  3. otisthered
    otisthered Guest
    Xbox one: does it use 1 HDMI CABLE FOR Video & sound?

Yes. HDMI carries both audio and video. From your console plug HDMI into your receiver then to your tv. Your receiver should have a 4-5 HDMI inputs and one master that connects to your tv. At least that's how I'm setup. So I use my receiver to select my different components.

otisthered, Jan 7, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

XBox One connecting HDMI to Component Video + Audio