XBox One Connected to Internet, "Thinks," It's Connected To Live, But Isn't

Discus and support XBox One Connected to Internet, "Thinks," It's Connected To Live, But Isn't in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried googling this problem, I see some responses that look like similar problems, but aren't quite the same I turn on my XBox, and it seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiterallyNoodle, Jan 6, 2016.

1. XBox One Connected to Internet, "Thinks," It's Connected To Live, But Isn't

I've tried googling this problem, I see some responses that look like similar problems, but aren't quite the same

I turn on my XBox, and it seems normal, except on the home screen, on the right side where there's usually ads for what you can get with XBox Live Gold, there's nothing; if I disconnect, it shows a box that will connect you to the internet, but when I'm
    connected, it's blank.

When I go down to the Games & Apps tile, where usually they have my most recently used software, there's nothing.

When I press the center button on my controller twice to bring up the friends/messages/settings menu, that stuff is accessible, of course it says all friends are offline and it can't access my messages (As opposed to when I'm actually disconnected, where
    I can't access those things at all).

When I go to the network settings and "Test connection," the screen fades to test and then immediately comes back to tell me everything is good.

When I load up a game, it says it can't load my saves, but that I can play it offline, so that's not affected too much

When I load up Youtube, it says I can't proceed without signing in, brings up the, "Who are you?" screen, I press my gamertag and it goes back to the screen saying I can't proceed without signing in.

When I load up Netflix, it says the same thing as the game, that it can't load my saves (???) but that I can "Play it offline," but it still loads and lets me stream movies, which was the only way I knew I was actually connected to the internet.

When I try to play a 360 game, the initial screen shows up, then it stops and says, "Can't connect to XBox," which I think turned into a bigger glitch, because following that I couldn't even play my One games until I reset the console.

The other tabs, Community, OneGuide and Store are all, "Accessible," but they don't load anything.

I've tried hard resetting the console, resetting the modem and... there's not much more I can think to try. Does anyone know what's going on, and what can be done to fix this?

:)

LiterallyNoodle, Jan 6, 2016
  2. DUBLO8
    DUBLO8 Guest
    Connecting to XBL and DNS issues

I can't connect to XBL. It connected fine last night. I have connected directly through the modem and it connects to the internet but won't connect to XBL. When testing the connection through the xbox one it tells me "it's all good" and that I'm connected
    to the internet but it won't connect to XBL. Trouble shooting through the support forums and through the xbox one utility resolves nothing. Also attempting to connect through my wired router gives me the "DNS isn't resolving xbox server names" error. Any help
    would be appreciated.

DUBLO8, Jan 6, 2016
  3. SlyFire01
    SlyFire01 Guest
    Can't connect

When I try to connect, it says: "A problem has occurred..." and then I go to test my connection and my Network and Internet are both connected, but Xbox live isn't and error comes up saying "Your console is connected to the Internet but can't contact Xbox
    live..." I've turned my Xbox off and on multiple times as well as my router/modem to help solve the issue but it still persists. Also, when I try to play skyrim and go to load a save it prompts me to sign in but the it freezes on me and I need to restart my
    Xbox. Is Xbox live down or what?

SlyFire01, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Berkbelts
    Berkbelts Guest

I had this exact same problem yesterday. It first started with my favorites slowly being erased from my friends list and I was unable to search and re-add them. Then exactly what you said happened, nothing was responding even though it said I was connected
    to live.

After an hour speaking to support they had me erase my profile off my account and redownload it. That seemed to fix it until today when two friends in my party suddenly got erased and its stating they're offline. When I try to search and add them it says
    "We can't do that right now." Another friend said all his favorites were erased but he was able to re-add them. And another said he also had to redownload his account.

Something fishy is going on, I'm surprised we haven't heard more from Microsoft on this.

Berkbelts, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Deleting and re adding your profile does wonders sometimes , this sounds more like connection issues to me though ....

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or Wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown:

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider):

RobertBuckalew, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Berkbelts
    Berkbelts Guest
    I think it's more than that. Yesterday when I first had this problem I was also not able to access my Microsoft account through Microsoft.com. The website said they encountered an error whenever I tried to access my account. Support cleared that part up
    though.

Berkbelts, Jan 6, 2016
  7. How do you erase your profile/redownload it? I'm not at home right now to test it, but if it even works for a night that'd be nice. I'm kinda hoping this is a problem with XBox Live right now, and not something wrong with my/our console(s).

As for the list of questions, a lot of it I can't answer cause (again) I'm not at home to verify, but

Canada, Ontario

1 XBox 360 and 1 XBox One connected to this router

Both wireless

And my ISP is Bell

8. XBox One Connected to Internet, "Thinks," It's Connected To Live, But Isn't

9. Orinshi
    Orinshi Guest
    I'm having the exact same problem as you, man. This is hideous

Orinshi, Jan 6, 2016
  10. Orinshi
    Orinshi Guest
    Wow, amazingly enough I just signed out by scrolling all the way to the left and selecting my profile then signed back in and now it's working again.

Orinshi, Jan 6, 2016
  11. Wow. That last thing actually worked. Everything is back, ready to install games from my account, my games save files, wow. That's actually insane. I was just about to remove my account! I can't believe it was so easy, and really glad I didn't have to factory
    reset my console

12. Sighing out and back in will work sometimes , if it reoccurs , I would remove the profile altogether , then re add it...

13. Dalgrim
    Dalgrim Guest

When this happens do a Right Trigger + Left Trigger + Y. This will force a screen refresh. Kinda like (F5) on the computer. No need to sign out and back in. This is almost instant (<2sec).

I know because my brand new one is a heap of garbage and I have to do this every time I turn it on...

Dalgrim, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Sil3ntAss45in Win User

Bluetooth Problems

Hello Xero Gravity. I think that the problem isn't in your Xbox communication device but in your internet connection. Try testing your connection to Xbox Live and

visit this link
    for more information on how to fix this. If you think that this is not the problem feel free to message me.
  15. OldsirenDC Win User

XBox live for everyone in house...new to this...

the possible reasons all pertain to your internet connection to xbox live's servers they might be one of these possible reasons below.

1) Your connection to the wireless router/ wired connection isn't strong enough or cannot connect at all

2) You will need to get a stronger modem for a stronger connection to the internet and xbox live.

I would suggest calling xbox live support for this and they might be able to help you otherwise.
  16. TanklessToe40 Win User

reconnecting xbox live gold membership

Hello

We've tried these solutions a few times. Don't know why it isn't working. Xbox live gold isn't connecting to my internet. I have Internet connection. That's not the issue.

We've disconnected and reconnected the wireless connection at least five times but still Xbox can't connect? Any other clues please?
  17. ClutchTheWolf Win User

Xbox disconnecting from live

It just disconnects. And when I test the connection the Internet isn't connecting to live
  18. BrushfireColt90 Win User

ICMP error

Hi my Xbox live isn't working but my internet is and connection is what's wrong with it
Thema:

1. XBox One Connected to Internet, "Thinks," It's Connected To Live, But Isn't - Similar Threads - Connected Internet Thinks

2. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  3. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  6. Xbox unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to connect to internet: I have a xbox 360 with me and I have been trying to connect to xbox live for past couple of months but have failed miserably. It is showing ICMP error each time I try and connect and have no clue...
  7. Xbox 360 doesn't connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 doesn't connect to internet: My xbox 360 will won't connect to the internet but does to my router. This also appears to happen everytime I use an xbox live account where internet features still work on other accounts that...
  8. My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox: I'm trying to contact my xbox in a different house and It won't work I have tried most of the things it says to do and it works on all my other devices and I don't want to have to reset the xbox...
  9. Xbox one won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to the internet: My xbox one won't connect to the internet despite all other devices working on the network. Nothing has been changed with the network in the past few days and I am using a wireless connection....
  10. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...