Xbox one child account doesn't see my live gold membership

Discus and support Xbox one child account doesn't see my live gold membership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to add my child to Xbox one live gold with no success. I removed abd added him from/to the family but his account still doesn't see the Liv e... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ProneRain542705, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Xbox one child account doesn't see my live gold membership

Trying to add my child to Xbox one live gold with no success. I removed abd added him from/to the family but his account still doesn't see the Liv e gold .

Any suggestions?

:)

ProneRain542705, Mar 10, 2018
  2. Child Accounts Unable to use Gold Membership on Parent Account

Good day,

I have a child account that cannot access the my parent account which has Live Gold membership. Child account trying to purchase a game but it will not allow using the Gold membership price. Also unable to download free games via the Gold membership. Xbox
    One is set as the "home" box for both child and parent. So why is it that the child account appears to have no access to Gold?

FranticBulb8523, Mar 10, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Join Xbox LIVE

This is the final step before you start enjoying the most amazing entertainment experience on Xbox LIVE.

The process is free and easy to follow.

You only require an valid email address and a high-speed internet connection.

There are two Membership levels available: Free and Gold. You can read more about what you get with each membership level.

Before proceeding, confirm the following:

If you have a Zune or Games for Windows LIVE account, it means you already have an Xbox LIVE account! All you have to do is to download the account to your Xbox 360 console, sign in and start enjoying the Xbox LIVE experience.

If you have a Microsoft account, you can use it for your Xbox LIVE account.
    Note: "Microsoft account" refers to what was formerly "Windows Live ID". It is the email address and password you need to sign into Microsoft services (including Xbox LIVE).

This means that if you already have a Messenger or Hotmail account, you automatically have a Microsoft account.

So, during registration for Xbox LIVE, if you are asked for an email address, enter your Microsoft account.

If you don't have a Microsoft account, you can sign up for a free account on your computer, or during the signing in process for Xbox LIVE.

If you decide to go for Gold Membership, you should have your credit card information ready before proceeding with the process of signing up for Xbox LIVE.

Steps to follow

1) On your controller, press Guide then select Join Xbox LIVE.

2) Follow the instructions on the screen on how to sign up for Xbox LIVE.

Note: Make sure that you enter your correct date of birth when signing up. This will be used to determine whether you get a child account or an adult account. Once the account is created, you cannot change the date of birth.

Join Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack

With the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, your family is given four 12-month Gold Memberships for less than the price of two. If you are interested, just select Family Gold on the Subscription selection screen.

No option for Gold Family Pack?

You might be using a child account, or the Gold Family Pack does not apply to your region.

Here is a list of countries that have access to the Gold Family Pack:
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • United States
    • United Kingdom
    • Germany
    • France
    • New Zealand
    • Japan
    • Mexico

xboxfelix, Mar 10, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

For your son to share your Xbox Live Gold privileges the console he is using must be set as your home console then it should allow you to share your gold membership, please see

this guide
    for how to set this console as your home console.

gds1972, Mar 10, 2018
  5. I am having the same problem but I have set the Xbox to my home console. It saying it’s becase he is unable to see content other people create. What setting should I change please? I feel like I’ve tried them all!

FitDino Mummy, Nov 1, 2018
  6. FitDino Mummy Win User

Hi

For your son to share your Xbox Live Gold privileges the console he is using must be set as your home console then it should allow you to share your gold membership, please see

this guide
    I am having the same problem but I have set the Xbox to my home console. It saying it’s becase he is unable to see content other people create. What setting should I change please? I feel like I’ve tried them all!
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

this guide
  8. Mister Quasar Win User

Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ableTo

Thanks for that info!

To make sure, do you see an active Gold membership when you sign into your
    Microsoft Account Subscriptions
    ? An active Xbox Live Gold membership would be required to play online.

Also, is this account a
    child or teen
    account?
  9. luissolid Win User

Killer instinct

Just to clarify...

Do you have a Xbox Live Gold Membership?

Do you have a Xbox Live Child account?
  10. Brosky aP Win User

Xbox Live Gold for child account?

Hey there mo4620!

Sorry to hear about the account troubles.

Yes, it is indeed true that your child account will use your Xbox Live subscription. Currently, I do not see a
    Xbox Live Gold membership active on your Xbox Live profile. Are you using this profile as your 'adult account'?

If not and you have an active Xbox Live Gold membership on that account as well as your
    child account linked to it then you should be good to go! In case your child account does not work with your Xbox Live subscription, please contact
    Xbox Phone Support. They will be able to look into your account and see if anything is going wrong in there.

You can find Xbox Phone Support on the Contact Us page
    here

You can also find more information about Child Accounts
    here
Thema:

1. Xbox one child account doesn't see my live gold membership - Similar Threads - child account doesn't

2. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  3. Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?: My American (adult) freind has gifted me this game and it has never delivered! 40 euros doen thr drain! Please help me with changing any parental controls settings regarding receiving gifts...
  4. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  5. Child account vanished. Gone. Disappeared. Doesn't exist.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account vanished. Gone. Disappeared. Doesn't exist.: Is it just me or has Xbox slowly cut off any means of speaking with someone!! Ok. So. Turned on Xbox looking to let my child play. Child account for 2 years. Xbox family still shows the...
  6. Child account in Family Group - but doesn't show up in xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account in Family Group - but doesn't show up in xbox account.: I created a child account for my son in order to play minecraft. His account shows up in our microsoft family group, but it doesn't appear in our xbox account that need to access in order to...
  7. Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.: I finally got around to migrating my Mojang account to a Microsoft account to play Minecraft again. After doing so, and merging the now-migrated Mojang account with my previously existing...
  8. Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a...: I'm trying to purchase Minecraft, but it wouldn't let me do it because of this. It advises me to remove my account from the "family", but when I attempt to do so it shows that I am not in a...
  9. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....
  10. There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't...

in XboX Insiders
    There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't...: There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't need permission and can reset the console. After the console resets the child can make a new Xbox account....