Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc.

Discus and support Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello!, I had the official xbox one remote but im selling it to my bro in law because im looking for a remote with keyboard option. Im trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KSS92, Dec 9, 2015.

1. KSS92
    KSS92 Guest

Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc.

Hello!,

I had the official xbox one remote but im selling it to my bro in law because im looking for a remote with keyboard option.

Im trying to decide between these two.

Xbox One Chatpad

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...lack/3533217.p?id=1219589969210&skuId=3533217

Insignia™ - Media Remote and Keyboard for Xbox One - Black

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microso...M&acampID=1&siteID=JAF5WzpxbKM-Xunm6cJdf_2C4S

The remote is tempting as it seems sleek and has playback buttons with a keyboard on the back for serching broswerr, netflix etc. And seems like would be more small and comfortable then the controller on my bed when not playing games and just watching
    some stuff at night. The chatpad is intriguing because it would be controller and keyboard in one just because the browser is easier to navigate with the stick. Although I wont be chatting in parties and stuff with it I don't really use those features.

Which one is best for what im looking for you think?

:)

KSS92, Dec 9, 2015
  2. Xbox one media remote announced

Might have to pick myself up one, been watching plenty of netflix and blu-rays on my one.

PlatinumSpectre, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Frasers Edge
    Frasers Edge Guest
    Xbox One Media Remote

I bought the newly released Media Remote over the weekend. obviously I was excited to use something that doesn't involve me turning the controller on, select something and then turn it off as to not waste the battery.

the remote is a nice piece of kit and the way the buttons light up is pretty cool.

obviously as I want to watch blu-rays on my xbox One seeing as it is a Blu-ray player, it would be nice if the remote that Microsoft made specifically for actions such as this had some sort of MENU BUTTON ON IT SO I COULD NAVIGATE BACK TO THE MAIN MENU OR
    POP UP. But instead we get a button that helps us manage any app snapping that we've decided to do which is utterly useless. how could they be making a remote control knowing full well that DVD's and Blu-Rays were going to be played on it and not think that
    anyone would want to go back to the main menu or pop up of the disc they were watching?

ah well, at least Battlefield 4 works now.

Frasers Edge, Dec 9, 2015
  4. Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc.

Hello "KSS92" Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

Personally, I would love to have the Chatpad as it would make sending text messages a lot faster Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

I have the Kinectless Xbox One bundle and I do not have a mic as I play 99% solo and 1% cooperative multiplayer. I loathe abhor despise hate competative multiplayer.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "KSS92" Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Dec 9, 2015
  5. KSS92
    KSS92 Guest
    Hello!

Thank you thats not a bad idea ha I was just tempted by the remote for small size and just cause I would use the keyboard mostly for browsing (netflix, Microsoft Edge Browser, Xbox live etc). I do see the advantages if the chat pad too tho. All in one and
    the browser is easier to navigate with the stick. lol.

KSS92, Dec 9, 2015
  6. Personally, I would go with the chatpad.

No sense having a seperate remote taken up space on the coffee table, or loosing somwhere. The chatpad would be connected to X1 controller which in turn would make it easy to spot and harder to fall within the spaces of a coutch or recliner.

I'll be picking one up just as soon as I spot one at my local WM or GS.

ElectroFlying, Dec 9, 2015
  7. ..........

Hello "KSS92" Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

Sending text messages without the Chatpad isn't bad, but it takes too long sometimes LOL Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "KSS92" Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Dec 9, 2015
  8. KSS92
    KSS92 Guest

I tried smartglass typing only works for xbox store and parties, not apps. but yeah I guess chatpad hehe.

KSS92, Dec 9, 2015
  9. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    You can use smartglass, for chat on twitch as well, but you have to be full screen, just press x (although it might be a) while watching with smartglass contented and the keypad comes up.

Haven't tried it on anything else, although a lot of apps don't use it for searches which is a shame.

EnenDaveyBoy, Dec 11, 2015
  10. I don't have a chat pad. I do have a wireless Logitech keyboard hooked up. it works great Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. :)

NastyButtler322, Oct 31, 2018
  11. NastyButtler322 Win User

I don't have a chat pad. I do have a wireless Logitech keyboard hooked up. it works great :)
  12. KSS92 Win User

Hello!

Thank you thats not a bad idea ha I was just tempted by the remote for small size and just cause I would use the keyboard mostly for browsing (netflix, Microsoft Edge Browser, Xbox live etc). I do see the advantages if the chat pad too tho. All in one and
    the browser is easier to navigate with the stick. lol.
  13. KSS92 Win User

I tried smartglass typing only works for xbox store and parties, not apps. but yeah I guess chatpad hehe.
  14. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Hello "KSS92" :)

Sending text messages without the Chatpad isn't bad, but it takes too long sometimes LOL :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "KSS92" :)

15. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Hello "KSS92" :)

Personally, I would love to have the Chatpad as it would make sending text messages a lot faster :)

I have the Kinectless Xbox One bundle and I do not have a mic as I play 99% solo and 1% cooperative multiplayer. I loathe abhor despise hate competative multiplayer.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "KSS92" :)

Thema:

1. Xbox one Chatpad vs Insignia Media Remote Keyboard? For watching steaming apps, blu rays etc. - Similar Threads - Chatpad Insignia Media

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  4. Chatpad for Xbox Series X/S Core Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad for Xbox Series X/S Core Controller?: Is there a Chatpad available for the new Xbox Series X/S (Core) controllers? I've found them for Xbox One controllers and the old Xbox 360 on places like Amazon. Doesn't seem to be one for the...
  5. I need help with Xbox Chatpad connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with Xbox Chatpad connection?: I need it on my Xbox x/s controller which its not connecting, no lights on nor Accessories attachment notification. Chatpad does work on my Elite 1 controller with lights but not x/s controller....
  6. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  7. Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers: Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on the xbox controllers. Normally I use the...
  8. Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out: So I just recently purchased the Series X and the Series 2 Elite Controller, as I installed everything I also attached my Chatpad to update my controller. After all that for some reason all the...
  9. Chatpad not connecting to the new gen console, Why ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad not connecting to the new gen console, Why ?: I am having grate problems getting my chatpad working with my new gen console ? c8361400-e9c7-4359-bab2-19bc0440ad3a
  10. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...