Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help

Discus and support Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This past holiday, I received a new chatpad as a gift. Never had a single issue with it. Used it to send messages, enter codes, take screen shots, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xTATT2EDx, May 20, 2016.

1. xTATT2EDx
    xTATT2EDx Guest

This past holiday, I received a new chatpad as a gift. Never had a single issue with it. Used it to send messages, enter codes, take screen shots, and record clips. Up until about 2 weeks ago, everything was fine. Now, the only thing that works on it are
    the mic controls (mute and volume controls), and the plugged in mic. The key pad still lights up when I hit the other buttons, but they are not responding, and neither of the x1 and x2 are responding as well. I've been through the steps on the support page
    and it's had no effect. Both controller and chat pad say they are up to date.

Anyone else having an issue, or know how to fix this?

:)

xTATT2EDx, May 20, 2016
  2. Zhadez
    Zhadez Guest
    Xbox One Chatpad suddenly stopped working

I purchased the Chatpad in January 2018, and it was working fine for a bit. All of a sudden the mic will not acknowledge me talking in Party Chat. If I plug headset directly into a xbox controller's 3mm jack, the mic seems to work fine. However, plug
    it into the Chatpad's 3mm jack, and absolutely nothing. It does not work at all in Audio -> Stereo mode. I only get audio from the rest of the party if I use Audio -- Microsoft Sonic.

More details:

1. I am using an original Xbox One controller without the 3mm jack. That's the one the chatpad 3mm jack is no longer working with. Typing on the keypad works just fine. Mic does not work; and I cannot hear the Party.

2. I borrowed a friend's new Xbox One controller with a 3mm jack. That is the one where the mic only picks up from directly plugging in the headset to the controller. When using the chatpad, the keypad works fine; the mic does not pick up; and I am able
    to hear the Party.

Zhadez, May 20, 2016
  3. Xbox One Chatpad Does Not Work on Windows 10

Xbox One Chatpad does not work when connected to bluetooth in windows 10, even if the Xbox One controller works with bluetooth. But when I connect the controller with a USB cable, the chatpad is running.
    I downloaded Xbox Accessories. The update was installed on the controller and chatpad. Still, there's nothing changing. Will I be able to wirelessly run the chatpad on Windows 10 without receiving the Xbox Wireless Adapter?

ElatedAphid6649, May 20, 2016
  4. Zhadez Win User

Xbox One Chatpad

I purchased the Chatpad in January 2018, and it was working fine for a bit. Same thing, all of a sudden the mic will not acknowledge me talking in Party Chat. If I plug headset directly into the xbox controllers 3mm jack, the mic seems to work fine. However,
    plug it into the Chatpad's 3mm jack, and absolutely nothing. It does not work at all in Audio -> Stereo mode. I only get audio from the rest of the party if I use Audio -- Microsoft Sonic.
  5. DaleCh Win User

Mic not working with chat pad

I have the same problem, and this only happenned since the 14th of March. This appears to be a software issue; The microphone works when plugged into the chatpad; if I adjust the mic monitor settings I can hear myself, but the party cannnot hear me when using the chatpad. I've confirmed both the controller and chatpad are up to date wrt software updates, so I suspect that an xbox console update may be the cause. Please help. I'm using an xbox one x, elite controller gen 1 with the chatpad.
  6. playerone2 Win User

Headset issue

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried both headsets, albeit they are the same brand. Also tried a pair of ear bud things with a mic, these also worked previously with the xbox controller but not anymore!

Peculiarly, nothing works at all, no sound from the headsets as well as mic not working.

Will try the chatpad. Gotta be better than the moaning from the youngsters....
  7. TitaniumWayne Win User

Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad

I am having the same issue. I got my chatpad after the Nov 2015 update so I'm not sure if it is related to that or not. Apparently it is not game specific because I have issues with F1 2015. My controller (new 3.5mm mic plug) is USB connected to the console
    on the left side. Chatpad into the controller and Microsoft 3.5mm mic into the chatpad. All updates applied and if I unplug the chatpad and use the mic directly into the comtroller, it works fine.
  8. Onyx Is Here Win User

chatpad mic combo help

Sorry to hear it. There's a nifty video at this link https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Chatpad-Chat-Headset-plugs-directly/dp/B0136JPA56 that
    talks about how the chatpad/headset combo works.

At the bottom right of your keypad you should see a mic symbol with a line through it. Press it and see if that helps. It could also be that the headset jack is not seated properly in the chatpad. Pull out the jack and push it back in firmly to see if
    that works.
Thema:

1. Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help - Similar Threads - chatpad mic works

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  4. Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers: Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on the xbox controllers. Normally I use the...
  5. chatpad mic combo help

in XBoX on Consoles
    chatpad mic combo help: i bought a chatpad mic combo for the first generation xbox one and i cannot get the mic to work i can hear other people and even myself but they can not hear me. I was told that this was the only...
  6. xbox accessories (turtle beach stream mic and xbox chatpad)

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox accessories (turtle beach stream mic and xbox chatpad): I just purchased a new xbox one s. I had previously had the chatpad with my old xbox one and swapped it over to the new controller. Everything worked Then my turtle beach stream mic arrived so...
  7. Chatpad Mic Monitoring?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad Mic Monitoring?: I'm looking into getting the Xb1 Chatpad. The only feature I am questioning is whether it has mic monitoring or not. I really don't want to give up mic monitoring on my controller. Can anyone...
  8. Mic Doesn't Work Using Chatpad XBOXONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Doesn't Work Using Chatpad XBOXONE: posted about this before and never got an answer and since then I have bought brand new controllers and a new chatad and still having the same issue so I'm posting again. I have one of the new...
  9. Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad: I bought the Chatpad on release and it worked fine played a lot of R6 Seige with the Chatpad and mic that came with it no problem. I'm not sure which console update caused the issue it was one of...
  10. Xbox chatpad mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chatpad mic: I'm having problems using the Xbox One chatpad mic. People can hear me but I can't hear them. I tried turning up the chat volume but that didn't seem to do anything....