Xbox one Chat mic won't let me talk

Discus and support Xbox one Chat mic won't let me talk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can hear people talk in party and game chat, but a few weeks ago it just randomly stopped letting me talk. It's not muted or anything and I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GromJ, Feb 7, 2015.

1. GromJ
    GromJ Guest

I can hear people talk in party and game chat, but a few weeks ago it just randomly stopped letting me talk. It's not muted or anything and I have tried all the solutions in the support category on Xbox.com. I have heard that people get new ones sent to
    them for free, and I cannot figure out how. Out of all the flaws the Xbox One has (which is a lot), this is the most ridiculous one I have encountered yet. Please send me a new headset so I do not have to pay 25 dollars for a new stock mic.

:)

GromJ, Feb 7, 2015
  2. won't let me send messages or talk in game chat

i have xbox 1 and it won't let me talk with my mic and it won't let me send any messages it ssays for past behaviour i did nothing wrong this is crazy

RaspyTurnip675, Feb 7, 2015
  3. OGLizardBone
    OGLizardBone Guest
    My Mic lets me hear stuff but it won't let me talk.

I've tried restarting my Xbox power cycling it, testing my mic with other controllers but my mic still won't let me talk. I know it works cause I talk with it on the phone. Please help.

OGLizardBone, Feb 7, 2015
  4. GromJ
    GromJ Guest

WOW! Thanks for the help Microsoft! Great service.

GromJ, Feb 7, 2015
  5. le_goat
    le_goat Guest
    I updated my controller as suggested, and now my mic won't work. I can hear people, but they cannot hear me. Tried the same headset on another controller, but to no avail. Please advise.

le_goat, Feb 7, 2015
  6. le_goat
    le_goat Guest
    After spending a good deal of time with Xbox One support in chat, they have confirmed that there are people who have been experiencing what I am since the February update. I was assured that the matter is being pushed onto their engineers, but just like
    the analog drifting up issue with the controllers, that doesn't do me a lot of good. So now I have two malfunctioning controllers and a headset that apparently became broken due to the new update.

...I want to cry

le_goat, Feb 7, 2015
  7. GromJ
    GromJ Guest
    how do I chat with support?

GromJ, Feb 7, 2015
  8. SpliffOut
    SpliffOut Guest

Been months for me man i kinda feel better now that is isnt just me a acouple others maybe hey will do something....

SpliffOut, Feb 8, 2015
  9. Im experiencing the same problem and i just got my xboxone on Christmas and now my mike doesn't work. I can hear my friends but they cant hear me. Xbox help me. I dont want to use my kinect for a mike anymore

Icandestroy145, Feb 8, 2015
  10. Same problem here. Party chat has rarely worked for me since launch. Same goes for my friends too. I'm guessing it's not ever going to be fixed.

CanabisOverdose, Feb 10, 2015
  11. Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the Party Chat issues! I recommend checking out this thread here and trying the troubleshooting steps that Misses Quinzel
    has provided. Feel free to make a post in this thread. We will be making sure to provide any updates we receive in there as well. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  12. ScaredySquirrel Win User

I can hear party chat but they cannot hear me. Xbox One S

It's weird, my mic works for party chat, it works for recording messages, works for talking to Cortana. It won't however work with game chat! No matter what game I'm in it shows that a mic is hooked up but the icon won't flash when i talk into it.

I've checked to make sure I'm not in a party and I'm not. Something is up Microsoft needs to fix this.
  13. Dindrenzi Win User

Microsoft Realms Plus Bedrock

It won't let me refund. I'm waiting to talk to online chat but it's taking ages
  14. le_goat Win User

I updated my controller as suggested, and now my mic won't work. I can hear people, but they cannot hear me. Tried the same headset on another controller, but to no avail. Please advise.
  15. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the Party Chat issues! I recommend checking out this thread here and trying the troubleshooting steps that Misses Quinzel
    has provided. Feel free to make a post in this thread. We will be making sure to provide any updates we receive in there as well. Thanks in advance!
  16. SpliffOut Win User

Been months for me man i kinda feel better now that is isnt just me a acouple others maybe hey will do something....
Thema:

1. Xbox one Chat mic won't let me talk - Similar Threads - Chat mic won't

2. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  3. My mic isn't working in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My mic isn't working in party chat: My mic is unmuted, it says I'm united in the party, and my headset mic is on under audio and music. It's a new headset so it can't be hardware issues. In the party, my profile looks a little...
  4. Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.: I've been unable to use Xbox Party Chat on my PC for months now because my voice isn't picked up *specifically* in this application. The audio is present in the device, but it seems the device...
  5. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  7. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  8. Mic won't work when plugged into chat pad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic won't work when plugged into chat pad: My son has a turtle beach xo one headset and bought himself a chat pad for his birthday. The chat pad works fine but when the headset is plugged in the mic doesn't work. He can hear the others in...
  9. Had a chat ban and now its over and mic still won't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Had a chat ban and now its over and mic still won't work.: I recently had a 24 hour chat ban. the ban has ended and still my friends cant hear me in a party. i would like to get in touch with someone from the enforcement team please. this needs to be...
  10. Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...: Ive seen this issue in reverse but I can't get it to work in game chat. It used to just fine now it wont, only party chat. Please help. e64374d5-f21b-44c2-94b8-2ba5df87d630