Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk.

Discus and support Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i've had this problem before like 3 months ago where im talking with my friends and suddenly my mic just stops picking up sound. I can hear people... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mAttY977, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mAttY977
    mAttY977 Guest

So i've had this problem before like 3 months ago where im talking with my friends and suddenly my mic just stops picking up sound. I can hear people talking to me but i cant reply, all the other features work fine like the volume. I'm already on my second
    mic and im not paying another £20 so it can break again within three months. Are there any new fixes or anything? I've tried EVERYTHING thats on the xbox support pages plus a few other websites and nothing has worked.

:)

mAttY977, Dec 15, 2015
  2. HEROxGoelden
    HEROxGoelden Guest
    Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4

i have Astro a40s with mixamp pro. I have been using them on my Xbox one for over a year with no problem. a few months ago i started playing my ps4 instead and my Astros still worked fine On ps4. Yesterday I got on Xbox one for the first time since and
    now i can hear game sound, but if my headset is plugged into the controller (with chat adapter) I can't hear party or game chat and when I talk my pile doesn't pick it up at all. Yet if I unplug it from my controller I can hear voice chat but still can't talk.
    Any help what so ever?? I tried a new chat adapter, and retried it on ps4 and it still works there. any help??

HEROxGoelden, Dec 15, 2015
  3. N0mN0mNinja
    N0mN0mNinja Guest
    Xbox One Adapter

I am using a Astro A40 Headset on my xbox one. Recently the Xbox One chat adapter has begun to not allow me to chat or hear anyone chat. I know it's not the headset because I can still use the headset on my PC. Just when I try and talk to people on xbox,
    I can't hear them or talk to them. When I plug the cable out from the adapter, I can hear chat for a second and then silence again. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

N0mN0mNinja, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk.

Hello. Today I went to use my chat headset, the one in an Xbox Bundle case with original purchase, and it won't let me talk in parties. I can hear all my friends in the party, but the headset won't let me talk, and it didn't pick up my voice in Skype Echo
    tests or in private voice messages either. I even bought a second headset, but it yielded the same result. As I know, I was properly logged in with my controller, and I had reset the router and console respectively. Is there any way to see if my headset and
    console works? Would a Turtle Beach headset work well with an adaptor? It worked for my Xbox 360.

JOSHUALEEFUCHS, Dec 16, 2015
  5. My mic is picking up regular sounds like the game play but it wont let me talk or hear other people what could be the problem?

MagazineHeart9, Mar 3, 2016
  6. The Deralikt
    The Deralikt Guest
    I am also having this problem.

I have a Gears Of War 3 Tritton AX180 that I used on my 360, but on Xbox One I cannot hear friends or speak to them.

The game volume comes through fine, but no chat.

I have it plugged into an elite controller through the 3.5mm port.

What could the problem be?

The Deralikt, Mar 3, 2016
  7. Good Luck guys, spent the last 3 days with support and they have no fix other than blame the controller or the xbox and tell you to buy a new one. but other forum posts state that even that hasnt fixed the issue for many users.... This needs to be fixed.

XGN SaTaNsRaGe, Mar 3, 2016
  8. Xbox one chat headset wont pick up sound but i can still hear people talk.

My best advice at this point is each of us need to start a thread and flood the forums with this problem.

XGN SaTaNsRaGe, Mar 3, 2016
  9. SavageAshley
    SavageAshley Guest
    I also have this problem. This is my second Head Set in a couple of months. I can hear everyone in the party but they cannot hear me. I was just speaking to them 5 minutes ago! This definitely needs to be fixed!

SavageAshley, Mar 3, 2016
  10. h00krB00tz
    h00krB00tz Guest
    Unfortunately, some users have been experiencing this issue for almost a year. There are several threads referring to this issue, and there is no known fix at this time.

I have talked to both Turtle Beach and Xbox support. Turtle Beach said that the problem wasn't with their headset (I agree). Xbox keeps telling me to try more hardware. i have already tried multiple controllers, headsets, and headset adapters.

Here is my thread outlining every troubleshooting step I have taken:

forums.xbox.com/.../2133315.aspx

h00krB00tz, Mar 8, 2016
  11. john9870
    john9870 Guest
    hi had the same problem 2 headsets none worked but Kinect worked fine anyway I got both headsets working now went into settings > system > storage > clear local xbox 360 storage data not sure if will work for everyone but that's how I fixed mine

john9870, Mar 12, 2016
  12. mAttY977
    mAttY977 Guest
    So I bought another after posting this which has just broke with the exact same problem again. I guess i'll just buy a different mic like a turtle beach or something....

mAttY977, Jun 8, 2016
  13. iPeachiest
    iPeachiest Guest

I have this issue as well, however while in party chat it's all good. I just can't speak in game chat. I have a pair of turtle beaches xl1. I have the cord adapter. I also have the two different controllers. Have the adapter for the one controller
    also. At one point the other day someone could hear me on GTA.. It wasn't even showing that I was talking. (Usually a little animation by name). If anyone knows what it could be, feel free to let me know. I'm

Open for suggestions.

iPeachiest, Jun 14, 2016
  14. iPeachiest
    iPeachiest Guest
    Ooh I failed to mention that I'm on the ONE. Headset still works perfect on the 360.

iPeachiest, Jun 14, 2016
  15. Jungle Rat
    Jungle Rat Guest
    So I'm having the same issue. Gotta say after 9 years with xbox I think I'm going back to Sony. Slap in the face yesterday telling me the console I bought less than 4 years ago is about to be obsolete and basic features still don't work on this one. Beyond
    frustrated.

Jungle Rat, Jun 14, 2016
Thema: