XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Discus and support XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have x42 and it works, has the static issue though. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TEST F0R ECH0, Mar 7, 2014.

  1. D VEN0M
    D VEN0M Guest

    XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue


    I have x42 and it works, has the static issue though.
     
    D VEN0M, Mar 10, 2014
    #16
  2. I bought the new TB XO7s for the xbox one. The lack of mic monitoring is killing me. It is a real deal breaker. Anybody heard if this is going to be addressed?
     
    SlingshotActual, Mar 11, 2014
    #17
  3. I'm not hearing chat audio through my X41 at all, although others can hear me. I tried all combinations of volume controls on the headphones, on the cord, the mute button on the X41, volume controls on the adapter, but still can't hear chat.
     
    Cylon-855338B5-5C5E-448F-BE6C-C4EE87D01589, Mar 11, 2014
    #18
  4. XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

    I have x11s Turtle Beach and also the power pack for the controller. I like to have the controller plugged in so it won't die on me mid game. Yesterday I unplugged the controller charger cord so I could plug my TBs into the side USB port. Worked fine.

    However, I decided to try the USB ports in the back for my controller cable to keep it charged while i played. (yes I know, crap ton of cords)

    The problem was for my friends in party chat. They said it gave a horrendous buzzing sound. I unplugged the cable from the back of the xbone and it went away.

    Any ideas how to fix this issue?
     
    RabidWombat18, Mar 12, 2014
    #19
  5. XO7 here as well as astros. The XO7 have mic cut out issues and the a50s have the crackeling. I might just mod my original chat adapter as well. No one who has done the mod has reported any issues.
     
    Mitten Hands79, Mar 12, 2014
    #20
  6. Dark Wolf
    Dark Wolf Guest
    My issue with my X12's are when I have the adapter plugged in, The sound is all tinny, Cannot adjust volume with "game" volume nub on the headsets volume control. To adjust game sound and chat, I have to adjust the "chat" volume nub which effects the chat
    and game volume. The balance buttons don't seem to work for me either.

    If I don't have the adapter in use... The sound is fantastic. I feel like I have just wasted £20 on this. At this rate I rather just use my headsets and chat with the Kinect.
     
    Dark Wolf, Mar 14, 2014
    #21
  7. Hey everyone, I to am have the echoing of other people in my party. Called support they had no answer for me then I started thinking about it and think I have an answer. I have the x42s and on the talk back cable is a volume and mute but also on the adapter
    its self so I found an old cell phone ear bud with no volume or mute, i plugged it in and had no issues with echo. So what I think is happening is that the mute/volume on the talk back cable its self has something to do with the echoing from the other people
    in the party. Tomorrow im going to go pick up a cord that's 2.5mm to 2.5mm with no mute/chat volume to hook up to the adapter from my x42s and hopefully that takes care of the problem because I'll be using the adapter for the mute/chat volume instead of both
    the adapter and talk back cable. Hope this help everyone and if it does pass it on. Thanks
     
    UndrCoverJameSy, Mar 14, 2014
    #22
  8. BrianWeyandt
    BrianWeyandt Guest

    XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

    I have 2 issues with this adapter... first i noticed (and im not the only one after researching) that at any random time the headset/adapter causes a malfunction to cause the controller to disconnect, while the xbox light is still lit up, you cant do anything
    except disconnect the battery and replace it and then the controller will work again... the other issue is that with my turtle beaches x12 i have garbage sound coming through. it almost sounds like the sound coming through is from another room beside me...
    its just not crystal clear... it almost seems like the bass is pretty close to what it should be but as far as sound clarity its like its being "muffled" as if say a small speaker is in your hands and you close your hands completely surrounding it and you
    can still hear the sound just not as clear. Hoping xbox fixes these issues because as many problems i have had with my XB1 (controller just randomly broke, UI issues, slow at everything on UI, headset adapter issues) im now wishing i got a PS4
     
    BrianWeyandt, Mar 15, 2014
    #23
  9. Loads of crap at the moment with my tb x12's. Have to turn game volume down (in game options) to hear chat. Friends getting feedback. Sometimes will not work at all in chat
     
    Maverick UNSC, Mar 15, 2014
    #24
  10. Sorted ........ plug head set in..... press button on adapter with the gamepad logo on and then press down volume until it beeps. Press chat button turn all the way up......sorted. All volumes are as normal and can be controlled on the TB x12 inline amp
    :=)
     
    Maverick UNSC, Mar 17, 2014
    #25
  11. Here's my weirdness chronologically with the Turtle Beach X41:

    XB1 plugged into the X41 base using optical, and X41 headset plugged into the controller via the adapter. Adapter/controller is updated and audio set to 5.1/DTS.

    Issue # 1: I got no sound from my X41 base. The volume controls on my X41 base and headset did nothing. The resolution is noted below.

    Issue # 2: When I joined a party, I only heard chat audio from the controller to the X41 headset - there was no game/menu audio and issue # 1 continued. The volume control on the wire between headset and controller worked though, which makes sense since
    only chat audio was coming from the controller and nothing from the X41 base. Additionally the game chat balance (left buttons on adapter) worked OPPOSITE to what they should!! Pressing the controller increased the chat audio and lowered the game audio!!
    When I went into Titanfall, the chat balance buttons flipped and started working correctly - Pressing the controller increased the game audio and lowered the chat audio. Bizarre!!

    Resolution: I was able to solve the no audio issue by changing my audio output to Stereo on the XB1. I now get game audio and chat through the X41 headset, and can control the audio with all volume controls on my X41.

    It is a horrible kluge. The sound is terrible and doesn't work correctly as it did on the 360. Now if I want to watch a Blu-ray in DTS, I have to change the audio settings, so there's this back-and-forth all the time. I probably won't spend a lot on headsets
    again, I can tell you that much!!
     
    Cylon-855338B5-5C5E-448F-BE6C-C4EE87D01589, Mar 18, 2014
    #26
  12. What I said I was going to do in my previous post worked and now my friends echoing in the party is gone. Everything works good. The cord is a 2$ cord on monoprice.com. Just a male to male 2.5mm cord with no volume/mute control. Boom.
     
    UndrCoverJameSy, Mar 20, 2014
    #27
  13. hobbs126
    hobbs126 Guest

    XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

    I don't get it, the adapter needs a 3.5 mm connection? how are you going into the adapter with a 2.5 mm cable?
     
    hobbs126, Mar 24, 2014
    #28
  14. As far as those having the echo/dual sound stream issue, I am getting the same thing. One person mentioned that the adapter disconnects the controller as well but the controller stays on. I have had this to.

    The only way I have been able to make the adapter work for chat is to put both chat volume to 100% and the game/chat mix volume 100% to chat. This will get rid of the dual sound issue if you are using digital optical audio like me. I have XP500's so those
    of us using SPDIF have an issue since the adapter pulls both game audio and chat. The result of doing 100% chat is we have other people get an echo.

    This is an adapter problem itself at least for those of us that have higher audio signal than stereo (example. enhanced Stereo, DD, 5.1, 7.1). I talked to staff support last night and she informed me their tech team is currently working on a fix for those
    with issues but could not give me an exact date to expect it. All we can do for the time before is to wait.

    The only advice I can give to those that are having the echo with adapter is to put it to mute when you are not talking. As far as the dual sound stream and controller disconnects, we just have to bare with those until they can release a patch/update for
    the adapter.
     
    xHershisquirtx, Mar 25, 2014
    #29
  15. StrohBeezy24
    StrohBeezy24 Guest
    Not sure if this is the place for it or not but I'm having trouble with my Marvel turtle beach headset that I just got. Its the Captain America ear force seven, it says its compatible with the Xbox one but I can't seem to get my mic to work with the adapter.
    It works just fine on my phone but when I try to talk in party chat on my Xbox one it doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue?
     
    StrohBeezy24, Mar 25, 2014
    #30
Thema:

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Loading...
  1. XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue - Similar Threads - Chat Adapter Turtle

  2. Feedback on some Party Chat recording annoyances

    in XboX Insiders
    Feedback on some Party Chat recording annoyances: Currently, the way recording party audio is set up kind of annoys me and my friends, so I'd like to throw some feedback out here in the hopes that others agree. When someone in the party is...
  3. 27M looking for people to play / chat with on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    27M looking for people to play / chat with on xbox: See if anyone bites or not submitted by /u/eyenoahway1 [link] [comments]
  4. Swapping To Game chat is BROKEN for Alpha Skip Ahead, Wireless Headsets DISALLOW STREAMING...

    in XboX Insiders
    Swapping To Game chat is BROKEN for Alpha Skip Ahead, Wireless Headsets DISALLOW STREAMING...: Game chat and party/discord chat is broken. I cannot swap to gamechat while in a discord. It disconnects me completely after freezing for like 2 seconds. I cannot go live while my razer headset is...
  5. Can’t hear anyone talking in game chat

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t hear anyone talking in game chat: Okay so I basically only play one game & that’s Rainbow Six Siege, I got a new Xbox since my old ones motherboard messed up, before I was able to hear my teammates in the game talking & everything...
  6. (Party Chat glitches) on xbox Went to play my game could not hear my party so I looked and...

    in XboX Insiders
    (Party Chat glitches) on xbox Went to play my game could not hear my party so I looked and...: When I was playing my party suddenly cut out I do have 5Gz internet so I know it was not on my end and I know it wouldn't be on another person's end either I had delt with this issue before so...
  7. PC - Game Bar party chat is super laggy and unresponsive. Random disconnects. Any...

    in XboX Insiders
    PC - Game Bar party chat is super laggy and unresponsive. Random disconnects. Any...: As the title says. When I am invited to a party, it will take about 2 or more minutes for it to actually load the party window, then another minute to show anyone's names in the party. When I...
  8. Noticed Xbox Partes default to game chat occasionally

    in XboX Insiders
    Noticed Xbox Partes default to game chat occasionally: Noticed that occasionally xbox parties default to game chat submitted by /u/ClearlyMoods [link] [comments]
  9. Party Chat Gets Stuck After a Network Disconnect and Reconnect

    in XboX Insiders
    Party Chat Gets Stuck After a Network Disconnect and Reconnect: I was in a party alone when my network decided to disconnect for a moment. Once reconnecting to the Xbox Network, the party said it had an error. When I went to clear it to make a new party, my...
  10. Add Microphone/In-Game Voice Chat Support for Xbox App on LG & Samsung Smart TVs

    in XboX Insiders
    Add Microphone/In-Game Voice Chat Support for Xbox App on LG & Samsung Smart TVs: Xbox TV app still has no mic support after 3 years. Here's why Microsoft should fix it. The Xbox app launched on Samsung TVs in July 2022. It's now April 2026. In nearly four years, Microsoft...