Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs

Discus and support Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I tried inserting a Xbox 360 game disc (that's backwards compatible on Xbox One) into the console, it doesn't read the disc. My screen is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Faris_1305, May 5, 2021.

1. Faris_1305
    Faris_1305 Guest

Hi, whenever I tried inserting a Xbox 360 game disc (that's backwards compatible on Xbox One) into the console, it doesn't read the disc. My screen is just blank. Not even a prompt shows up to allow me download it to my Xbox One console. But it reads my Xbox one games with no issues. Please advice.

:)

Faris_1305, May 5, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Question about the First Forza horizon for xbox 360

Hi,

If your Xbox 360 BC game - in this case Forza Horizon - can't be read, it means one of two things.

1. The disc is damaged or dirty. Try cleaning it with a soft damp cloth. Fully dry the disc with a soft cloth and try again.

2. There maybe a hardware issue with your console's Blu-ray drive. Try another Xbox 360 game. If can read other 360 BC game discs, the issue with your Foza Horizon disc, not the console.

All Xbox 360 game disc have a very small video file that can be read by standard DVD players and the Blu-ray app on the Xbox One. This video will only play if the disc can't be read as a game disc. This is why the Blu-ray app is loading up on the console
    instead of initiating the download of the backwards compatible game from Xbox Live.

In short, your game isn't running because as far as the Xbox One is concerned it can't read said disc, it doesn't know what disc in the drive.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One??

Xbox One can read Xbox 360 discs, they are standard DVD-9 format. They aren't special discs. The reason the One can't play them is because the games are coded to PPC architecture, Xbox One is X86.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One telling me MW3 is no longer backwards compatible?

Hi,

It's not been removed from backwards compatibility. I would say the reason why your console is displaying this error is because it can't read this particular disc. Do you have any other Xbox 360 game discs to test on your Xbox One? If you do, are they
    working?

When you insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game disc into your Xbox One, the console will read the disc to see what's there. If your console can't read the disc it will display this message. For disc based games you must be connected to Xbox Live
    as the game will need to be downloaded for you to play it.

Things to try

Verify your console can still read Xbox 360 discs.

If you don't have any other BC 360 games on disc, try a DVD movie. Make sure the disc you try is a DVD movie disc not a Blu-ray disc. If other Xbox 360 games disc work or a DVD movie, it's likely the fault lies with the disc and not the console.

Check the discs for scratches or dirty smudges. Try cleaning the disc with some water and soft towel
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
Thema:

1. Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs - Similar Threads - can't read 360

2. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  4. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  5. Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.: Hi everyone, This ominous evening, I decided to look at my saved files on the Xbox 360 HDD using my PC. I connected it, didn't restore it and left it on "RAW". I opened FATXplorer to see the...
  6. Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc: Suddenly my xbox one stopped to read xbox 360 disc. When i insert the 360 disc it start to spin for 1second and it stop like there's no power to spin the heavy disc but when i insert xbox one disc...
  7. My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games: Yes, my xbox 1 s wont read 360 disc, it works on my older xbox 1, but not on either of my 1 s Just brings up blue ray player and say wrong disc type, the one s does play xbox 1 games and DVD just...
  8. Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games: Hey, I wanna play CoD: MW2 but my One X doesn't read any of my old 360 games. Xbox One Games, DVD's, BluRays are working, but no 360 game. I'm on the Xbox One Update Preview Beta Version:...
  9. retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One): Hi huys ! I have a problem with my Xbox One, when i put a CD of a Xbox 360 game one my Xbox One (he is compatible ...) the blue-ray reader gets started and an error message appears. I can't...
  10. XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB: Hi, I had been having trouble with my xbox 360 hard drive (would sometimes show up unformatted, which is apparently common for older hard drives), and eventually transferred most of my game files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont my xbox one play xbox 360 disc

2. xbox one x backwards not reading discs

3. xbox one not reading 360 disc

4. Xbox one wont read xbox 360 disc