Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests"

Discus and support Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just moved into a new apartment, and have my wifi router set up. I booted up my xbox, and it connected to the internet just fine. Everything works,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FedoraTime, Sep 5, 2020.

1. FedoraTime
    FedoraTime Guest

I just moved into a new apartment, and have my wifi router set up. I booted up my xbox, and it connected to the internet just fine. Everything works, except multiplayer. When I test my internet connection, it says everything is good to go, but when I test
    the multiplayer connection, it says "Can't finish multiplayer tests".

I've tried a hard reset of my network hardware and xbox, cleared alternate MAC address, tried manual DNS servers that were recommended online, and still nothing has worked. I checked the network speed: 51 Mbps download
    speed, 100% wireless strength, but it says "There was a problem with some of the tests. Try again later." It's been 3 days now...

I have no additional information because the error is so vague. Out of the handful of other posts on this I could find on google, none of the solutions worked or led me to discover anything new. Please help I'm lost!

:)

FedoraTime, Sep 5, 2020
  2. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

"Can't finish multiplayer tests"

Hello BenPISASIK,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Please clarify.

Is the situation the exact same when you switch the DNS (doesn't work at all?) or are you not able to set it to automatic and add a different one?

please let me know. (If you are able to reset the DNS to auto then set up the DNS 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1)

Thank you.
  3. BenPISASIK Win User

Inhave this same issue. Are u using the att homebase ? Xbox wont allow me to change the dns server did u do it another way been killing me lol
  4. Gray Silhouette Win User

Ports are forwarded, still no change.
  5. pa1blo Win User

do you open your router ports??
  6. Gray Silhouette Win User

I’ve already done the port forwarding myself, though given that it’s a pocket wifi, I may have to check with the ISP. Will keep you updated!
Thema:

1. Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests" - Similar Threads - Can't finish multiplayer

2. my xbox can't finish the last insider update

in XboX Insiders
    my xbox can't finish the last insider update: It freezes at 86 % . I already tried to unplug replug like 20 times it's frozen since 4 hours ago . Help me please . submitted by /u/AddressOtherwise3919 [link] [comments]
  3. Can't finish factory reset on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't finish factory reset on xbox one: Hi I am having the most problem.. I have a day one xbox one and I did join the insider program. I had a problem where it wasn't letting me log on to online games or install things from store. I...
  4. can't finish installing fs2020 Premium Deluxe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't finish installing fs2020 Premium Deluxe: I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, system restore, System reset, updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, all to no avail. I can't get the 110 gig update to install. I've tried C:, D: with no...
  5. Can you make this process stop? How long will it take to finish if you can't stop it?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you make this process stop? How long will it take to finish if you can't stop it?: [IMG] submitted by /u/TrueNexus_ [link] [comments]
  6. (XBOX ONE) Error "Can't finish multiplayer tests" code: 0x0000000000000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    (XBOX ONE) Error "Can't finish multiplayer tests" code: 0x0000000000000000: THE ISSUE: I am unable to connect to multiplayer. THE CONTEXT: I'm connected to the internet, have an Open NAT type I am able to talk in a party with friends, but cannot connect to multiplayer....
  7. Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests: I have been unable to connect to multiplayer servers for the past couple days now and I am unsure what else to do at this point. At first the problem was having a moderate Nat type and the Upnp...
  8. : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests"

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests": : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests" Definitely use the troubleshooter and/or check with your ISP to see if they didn't set it up right. You can also try logging into your router to make sure...
  9. : Can't finish multiplayer tests

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Can't finish multiplayer tests: : Can't finish multiplayer tests Hi there Keaton, Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with completing a multiplayer connection test. I recommend to try replacing the Ethernet...
  10. I can't finish downloading Games with Gold (Far Cry 2/AC Rogue)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't finish downloading Games with Gold (Far Cry 2/AC Rogue): I have a Xbox 360 and I started to download Far Cry 2 as part of the Games with Gold of January. So far, so good until the download stopped at 44% and the message "unable to finish downloading"...