Xbox one cannot start but only fan is working

Discus and support Xbox one cannot start but only fan is working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I first time play Xbox one at home for about 1 hour, it suddenly turned off itself and only fan still working, I guess it got overheating and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gugazzz, Jul 13, 2014.

1. gugazzz
    gugazzz Guest

When I first time play Xbox one at home for about 1 hour, it suddenly turned off itself and only fan still working, I guess it got overheating and I kepet the fan working for a while, but I had to leave home so I unplugged the power. But since that every
    time when I power it on, always only the fan is working, no signal no sound. What should I do to fix it?

thanks

:)

gugazzz, Jul 13, 2014
  2. My xbox has no picture HDMI works on my other systems

xbox fan seems to go and stop over and over again xbox light also goes dim than bright I was gone only one day before that it was working fine this is ridiculous

Gotcheesehead9, Jul 13, 2014
  3. SpieleNerd
    SpieleNerd Guest
    Xbox one 'a' button not working on home screen.

i even tried the xbox one Remote controll, its not working there as well i cannot start anything where i need to use A

SpieleNerd, Jul 13, 2014
  4. Xbox one cannot start but only fan is working

Hi gugazz, try doing a hard rebbot by holding the power button down on the front of the console until it turns off then unplug it from the outlet for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds plug it back in and power back on and hopefully it will work again. Also, make
    sure you have the tv on the right source setting.

MaximumExtreme, Jul 14, 2014
  5. gugazzz
    gugazzz Guest
    Max,

Thanks for your quick reply and you bring my xbox one back to live! Actually I can only hard reboot it while the kinect disconnected, and once the console started I plug the kinect back. Now everything is working fine.

gugazzz, Jul 14, 2014
  6. Awesome! I'm happy I could help you out and everything is working.

MaximumExtreme, Jul 15, 2014
  7. maztamynd
    maztamynd Guest
    I'm having the same issue, but my xbox one will not respond , the fan kicks on and stays on every time i plug the cord into the wall outlet but nothing else. Only the fan kicks on, I tried using the controller to turn it on and the controller blinks, and
    no response from the console. I recently had the console serviced because the original power supply unit made loud "pop" sound and the xbox shut off never to turn on again. I sent it in and you guys said there was nothing wrong with the console, so i bought
    another power supply unit, which is both expensive and not available just anywhere. Thanks for that microsoft, i plugged in the new power supply unit and nothing, the light is on to the power supply its full white, and still nothing just a loud fan kicking
    on inside the console but it refuses to turn on. I see no threads or remedies to this issue can someone PLEASE HELP... I am at my wits end its been 3 weeks without use of this console. It is only 6 months old it sits in a ventilated area i clean it every
    few weeks, so its not dirt or any other common problem you guys have remedies too. I refuse to send this in again to wait 2 weeks to have it sent back to me saying "everythings fine" Clearly everything is not fine... im regretting this purchase so severely
    it makes ZERO sense that a console this new should be having these ridiculous unsolvable issues. My 360 is now 4 years old and works to perfection, and i dont even baby it nearly as much as the xbox one console... I NEED A SOLUTION ASAP.....

maztamynd, Aug 27, 2016
  8. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey maztamynd! This thread is 2 years old, I would suggest creating a new thread so we can look at your issue specifically. Thanks!

Mister Cizl, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: