Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD

Discus and support Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, 2 week old Xbox One, fine apart from the Microsoft hack on 25th Dec. Turned it on yesterday and....wont now play 3 of the 5 games installed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gamingbunners, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD

So, 2 week old Xbox One, fine apart from the Microsoft hack on 25th Dec. Turned it on yesterday and....wont now play 3 of the 5 games installed (installed from Disc NOT download). Tried the DVD player and ... wont play that either.

Spent an hour with XBox Support in a live chat, did restarts, power cycles, cleared cache, was told to uninstall games and reinstall - guess what, still the same ! Was guanranteed by Microsoft support that the reinstall would sort it but NO.

Strange that the drive will read two of the five games I have.....*** knows.

Anyone any ideas.....Xbox support just points to 'send in for repair'. Really, even though it reads two games but *** all else.

PS4

Thanks

:)

Gamingbunners, Jan 10, 2015
  2. wont read

my xbox wont read some discs like mw3 (which is brand new not a scratch on it) and it will not read a dvd disc at all some games take me so long to try and get loaded up to 45 mins of opening and closing the tray.is there a way to fix this problem

forestcitykilla, Jan 10, 2015
  3. disc unrecognizable

Got a brand new Xbox 360 and it won't read any game discs or dvds. Tried troubleshooting steps but it still doesn't want to read the discs. What now?

RustlingSea445, Jan 10, 2015
  4. Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD

As a last resort I would do a factory reset once you have done it and are ready, install one of the games you know isn't working if its still the same see about repair/exchange.

GrowlingYapper, Jan 11, 2015
  5. The day one edition xbox I got on release day wouldn't play dvds or blu rays.

Exchanged it in store, and lo and behold - the new one actually works. Not a big deal, as it's an option at least.

the slev-CC32F852-2CE7-4596-A3F7-B7CE526E7A24, Jan 11, 2015
  6. Yeah if you bought it two weeks ago take it back to the store for an exchange,don't "send it in" for a repair that could take awhile when you are within store return periods.

Liquidevilgames, Jan 11, 2015
  7. GhostGamez
    GhostGamez Guest
    Mine ending up not reading discs all the time so I called support and after trying some things I done the advanced return option and they sent me a replacement in 3 days. Mine was a Day One and in October was when it done as described.

GhostGamez, Jan 12, 2015
  8. Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD

When your console is not working then troubleshoot yourself and if it fails call them, up and say right off the bat, " I would like a Advanced Replacment for my XBOX ONE please" "what's wrong" they ask. You list the problems and they ask if you have troubleshooted
    already and just say yes. I never deal with their troubleshooting I just do it myself and tell them to send me a new console and they do without sitting on the phone for 1-2hours with them wasting your time giving you the run around.

Costa Apostolou, Oct 31, 2018
  9. the slev-CC32F852-2C Win User

The day one edition xbox I got on release day wouldn't play dvds or blu rays.

Exchanged it in store, and lo and behold - the new one actually works. Not a big deal, as it's an option at least.
  10. Costa Apostolou Win User

When your console is not working then troubleshoot yourself and if it fails call them, up and say right off the bat, " I would like a Advanced Replacment for my XBOX ONE please" "what's wrong" they ask. You list the problems and they ask if you have troubleshooted
    already and just say yes. I never deal with their troubleshooting I just do it myself and tell them to send me a new console and they do without sitting on the phone for 1-2hours with them wasting your time giving you the run around.
  11. GrowlingYapper Win User

As a last resort I would do a factory reset once you have done it and are ready, install one of the games you know isn't working if its still the same see about repair/exchange.
  12. GhostGamez Win User

Mine ending up not reading discs all the time so I called support and after trying some things I done the advanced return option and they sent me a replacement in 3 days. Mine was a Day One and in October was when it done as described.
  13. Liquidevilgames Win User

Yeah if you bought it two weeks ago take it back to the store for an exchange,don't "send it in" for a repair that could take awhile when you are within store return periods.
Thema:

1. Xbox One, brand new, fails to read some game discs and wont play a DVD - Similar Threads - brand fails read

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  7. Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...: Brand new xbox series x won't update when I first plugged it in and it disconnects the wireless internet to all of the house. 27395d75-fd37-44f3-8b0e-d60fe54bac6c
  8. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  9. Brand new Xbox series s with no green band

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand new Xbox series s with no green band: Hi, just bought a new Xbox series s, when I unboxed it the console was wrapped in the usual white wrap but no green band (the power your dreams one), is that usual? Or the box has been opened or...
  10. Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.: Two brand new Series X; 1 fails with wired. One installed flawlessly, downloading all games using wired 1G connection. 2nd unit would start downloading ok, then speed would drop away to nothing...