Xbox One Blu-ray Player - Dark Knight Box Set - Odd Results

Discus and support Xbox One Blu-ray Player - Dark Knight Box Set - Odd Results in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a box set of the Dark Knight Trilogy with some special features discs. There are 6 discs in total in the box set, 4 play on the XBOX One, 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoleMan112, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MoleMan112
    MoleMan112 Guest

Got a box set of the Dark Knight Trilogy with some special features discs.

There are 6 discs in total in the box set, 4 play on the XBOX One, 2 don't..

The 2 that don't work, happen to be The actual Films (Begins and Rises).

Super annoying. So I took the discs to a couple places and had them tested. They work on other Blu-ray players.

Tried them back on my system and they just get as far as the Blu-ray screen with the light blue background and the Blu-ray symbol in the middle with the loading "spiral" but never play.

Dodgy Xbox Disc Reader? or Xbox One physically incapable of playing them? Wait for a patch? Return it? Ideas would be apreicated.

:)

MoleMan112, Jan 15, 2014
  2. error code 0x91d7000a

Just I bought my first Blu-ray, batman dark Knight, but I'm unable to play it with my xbox one for that error!

RedFoxy Darrest, Jan 15, 2014
  3. Blu-ray player error: 0x91d7000a

Xbox one Blu-ray player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a)

I've a Dell 2709W as 27" monitor, I use it by hdmi for xbox one, by dvi for imac external monitor and by dvi as xbox 360 monitor, but that first time that I get that error!

Just I bought batman box with batman begins, dark Knight and returns, it was my first Blu-ray disk and I cannot play it...

My xbox one have lastes firmware upgrade

RedFoxy Darrest, Jan 15, 2014
  4. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

Delete and re-install the blu-ray app?? Hard reset of the console??

Burnin TODI, Jan 15, 2014
  5. Randver
    Randver Guest
    Do the two movies have Ultraviolet?

Randver, Jan 15, 2014
  6. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    Check your video settings. Make sure your playback settings on the Xbox One are set at 24 Hz. I have not attempted to watch these movies on my Xbox One yet but the ones I have watched have worked fine. If that does not work, then I would try deleting
    the Blu Ray software and re installing it. If that does not fix the problem then you may have a problem with your disc reader lens.

FullHornet, Jan 15, 2014
  7. Randver
    Randver Guest
    If 4 of the 6 disc work I wouldn't think it would be an app or drive issue.

I know there used to be an issue with some of the off brand Blu Players having a problem with Ultraviolet. If I remember correctly when you insert a disc with Ultraviolet a window pops up. connects you to the internet and you register the disc for the digital
    version. With certain brands the window would never pop and the system would hang.

Has anyone played a disc with Ultraviolet and have it work?

Randver, Jan 15, 2014
  8. MoleMan112
    MoleMan112 Guest

@Burnin TODI - I didn't think to try deleting and reinstalling the app, can give that a crack tonight.

@Randver - Not Ultraviolet

@FullHornet - I will suss the playback settings before I uninstall it

Thanks for suggestions

MoleMan112, Jan 15, 2014
  9. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest
    The app is pretty buggy, exspecially on dvd movies.

Xenokai, Jan 15, 2014
  10. I have the same box set at home. I only tried one of the discs and it worked fine. I will check the other discs when I get off work tonight and let you know my results.

XxEndless WarxX, Jan 15, 2014
  11. MoleMan112
    MoleMan112 Guest
    Some good news.

Enabling the 24hz feature for Blu-ray playback didn't amend the defect, but uninstalling the Blu-ray app and then restarting the xbox, then re-downloading the app seems to have improved things.

Side note: Load time was peculiar, After inserting the previously unworkable disc it took 1:16 before it recognised it was even in the tray, then it loaded to a black screen where it was essentially paused? but when I pressed the right trigger for fast forward
    it began to play content. Movie Plays, no complaints here. Just in comparison to the other discs which essentially load instantly after being inserted it just seems slightly odd, but none the less I am just stoked I don't have to return it and wait for repairs.

MoleMan112, Jan 17, 2014
  12. Have the same set and they work me for me on the X1...but i heard the app is buggy for some people.

DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 17, 2014
  13. Xbox One Blu-ray Player - Dark Knight Box Set - Odd Results

My Avatar blu-ray doesn't work on the xb1, it plays on my Samsung with no issues. I haven't had any issues with my other Blu-ray's. I'll try re-installing it tonight.

HyPeR TRiGG3R, Oct 31, 2018
  14. HyPeR TRiGG3R Win User

My Avatar blu-ray doesn't work on the xb1, it plays on my Samsung with no issues. I haven't had any issues with my other Blu-ray's. I'll try re-installing it tonight.
  15. MoleMan112 Win User

Some good news.

Enabling the 24hz feature for Blu-ray playback didn't amend the defect, but uninstalling the Blu-ray app and then restarting the xbox, then re-downloading the app seems to have improved things.

Side note: Load time was peculiar, After inserting the previously unworkable disc it took 1:16 before it recognised it was even in the tray, then it loaded to a black screen where it was essentially paused? but when I pressed the right trigger for fast forward
    it began to play content. Movie Plays, no complaints here. Just in comparison to the other discs which essentially load instantly after being inserted it just seems slightly odd, but none the less I am just stoked I don't have to return it and wait for repairs.
  16. FullHornet Win User

Check your video settings. Make sure your playback settings on the Xbox One are set at 24 Hz. I have not attempted to watch these movies on my Xbox One yet but the ones I have watched have worked fine. If that does not work, then I would try deleting
    the Blu Ray software and re installing it. If that does not fix the problem then you may have a problem with your disc reader lens.
  17. Burnin TODI Win User

Delete and re-install the blu-ray app?? Hard reset of the console??
  18. MoleMan112 Win User

@Burnin TODI - I didn't think to try deleting and reinstalling the app, can give that a crack tonight.

@Randver - Not Ultraviolet

@FullHornet - I will suss the playback settings before I uninstall it

Thanks for suggestions
Thema:

1. Xbox One Blu-ray Player - Dark Knight Box Set - Odd Results - Similar Threads - Blu ray Player

2. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  3. Blu-ray player wouldn't install, factory reset, now nothing will

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray player wouldn't install, factory reset, now nothing will: I was trying to watch a blu-ray movie and it told me to install but just sat there at 0.0b. I factory reset my console per discussions on this thread, now it still won't install the blu-ray...
  4. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  5. Blu ray player app still not working in 2023!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu ray player app still not working in 2023!?: Why are we still having this issue in 2023.. the blu ray player app is broken. It won’t even download anymore. Can’t even watch a dvd on an Xbox. 8329b734-f716-4922-a788-b0d49b2aeb43
  6. Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues: My games work fine, but when I try to play a movie the screen shakes, but everything else seems fine with the movie just the shake of the screen. I unplugged the hdmi cord, I uninstalled the app...
  7. Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?: Its with a specific game every time [img] [img] b33ab200-d67d-42e9-912b-d90a1531cab9
  8. Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one: Okay so I recently got an xbox one and most of my games work except lego star wars iii which opens blu ray disc and says we cannot play this disc please try another one and it works fine on my...
  9. Series X blu ray player audio not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X blu ray player audio not working.: Regular DVD's play fine. 4K blu rays play fine but not one blu ray I own will play on this so called "blu ray" player app unless I plug my headset into my controller and use that. I see this...
  10. Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player Fix it! Fix It! Fix it! FIX IT! FIX IT!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player Fix it! Fix It! Fix it! FIX IT! FIX IT!: The Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player has problems! On my 4K Blu-Ray copy of 8 Mile (I got back in November I think and it was in brand new condition), it freezes, flickers or glitches then it skips...