XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

Discus and support XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; WEll i read the old thread just borrowed the headline some one talked about not getting Blu Ray lossless audio via HDMI if you Connect an Optical... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PetriKoskela43, Mar 27, 2017.

1. XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

WEll i read the old thread just borrowed the headline some one talked about not getting Blu Ray lossless audio via HDMI if you Connect an Optical audio Cable between the Xbox One and receiver then can we get HD-MA and all that?

:)

PetriKoskela43, Mar 27, 2017
  2. Sound Settings in Xbox One not sticking once I turn the system off and use it again later in the day.

One question, why have hdmi from receiver to tv AND an optical to tv as well? Hdmi should carry the audio, so not sure why you would use optical to tv as well.

If your watching blu ray movies I would stick to uncompressed. Blu ray movies almost always have a lossless track (Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD master audio) which is a clear step up from normal Dolby digital or DTS. Uncompressed should pass the lossless tracks,
    where Dolby digital or DTS will not. Don't worry about the Dolby or DTS light on your receiver. Only reason that they may sounds better is IF you are usb a surround processing mode that only works on a bitstream signal.

Lord Vader 631, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream

will XBox One X support Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream select along with pass through?

The GmC GaMeR, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Z31Fanatic Win User

dts digital surround vs 5.1 uncompressed dolby

So much misinformation here.

DTS (Dolby Digital also) is a lossy format which means it's a compressed format just like the mp3 format is. DTS-HD Master Audio is a lossless format which means it is uncompressed. Unfortunately the xb1 does not pass thru DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD to a receiver.
    The xb1 does the encoding and passes the sound as 5.1 or 7.1 PCM uncompressed.

5.1 uncompressed sounds the same as DTS-HD. It's just a matter of which device does the decoding, the xb1 or you receiver, and in this case it's the xb1 that does it, so you should use it instead of the plain old lossy DTS format.
  5. Lord Vader 631 Win User

Sound Settings in Xbox One not sticking once I turn the system off and use it again later in the day.

One question, why have hdmi from receiver to tv AND an optical to tv as well? Hdmi should carry the audio, so not sure why you would use optical to tv as well.

If your watching blu ray movies I would stick to uncompressed. Blu ray movies almost always have a lossless track (Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD master audio) which is a clear step up from normal Dolby digital or DTS. Uncompressed should pass the lossless tracks,
    where Dolby digital or DTS will not. Don't worry about the Dolby or DTS light on your receiver. Only reason that they may sounds better is IF you are usb a surround processing mode that only works on a bitstream signal.
  6. WillSmithVXR Win User

Optical Out with No Surround Sound

[quote user="OneBgBdArtemis"]Have you perhaps heard of DTS? Or...say....7.1.....or 6.1.....or pro-logic.....or...you see where I'm going here?[/quote]

Clearly you know nothing about surround sound. - Pro-logic (and Pro-Logic II) is even worse than DTS and Dolby Digital.

The current best lossless sound formats (found on Blu-Rays) are Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
  7. PaulDeane Win User

Xbox Dolby Digital support

Thanks for the feedback. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V373 and it does indeed support Dolby TrueHD;

HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

To Dayton; so it does appear multi channel on the receiver display but the format is PCM. Seems strange. Again, with the HDMI passthru, and the TV function it is still PCM. But if I hook my Sat receiver in directly the A/V receiver displays Dolby Digital.
  8. imanshanizadehasli Win User

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

That's not right. I connect with a hdmi cable, not with an optical cable. The problem is that you do not add the Dolby true hd and dts hd master audio format to the xbox one x console bitstream part.

Thema:

XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

1. XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? - Similar Threads - bitstream DTS Master

2. I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...

in XboX Insiders
    I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...: DTS:X Yamaha rx v681 submitted by /u/CG679 [link] [comments]
  3. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD signals not sent to reciever d6e53a54-a891-48af-9d41-cf336131c1eb
  4. DTS bitstream passthrough not working properly when playing DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS bitstream passthrough not working properly when playing DVD: Hi, I've got an Xbox One S (European variant - DVD Region 2, Blu-ray Region B), it's fully updated (OS version 10.0.17763.3066) and overall I'm pretty happy with it. It also doubles as a main...
  5. Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream: will XBox One X support Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream select along with pass through? f3114be9-fcff-4f52-93b1-12f0b5e60003
  6. Bitstream setting-Why forced to choose DTS or Dolby?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream setting-Why forced to choose DTS or Dolby?!: To XBOX One Team, I am very disappointed to see that I have to select a CODEC even after selecting BITSTREAM audio out. :-( The Blu-ray movies which provide Dolby True HD and DTS Master HD...
  7. Bitstream DTS reported as 5.1 not 7.1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream DTS reported as 5.1 not 7.1: I currently have Xbox One connected to a Sony MDR-HW700DS. The Xbox One is set to output Bitstream in DTS format. When using that setting the Sony receiver is showing a 5.1 input, If I set the...
  8. Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough: I have a Dennon AVR3313 that supports both DTS / DD. When I play my DirectTV receiver via TV passthrough I cannot get the center channel to play. I have tried every setting on my receiver (yes...
  9. Dolby and DTS Bitstream Sound Lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby and DTS Bitstream Sound Lag: I have been enjoying some Call of Duty Ghosts on my Monitor with audio from the HDMI and suddenly my Surround Sound turned on and i heard two click every time i was browsing a menu in the Xbox...
  10. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: With the March update I see that the XBOX ONE finally bitstreams DTS and Dolby. However, it's still missing our Blu-ray's lossless formats! When are those coming? Thanks, -UNREAL...