Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music)

Discus and support Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want. Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LoodyV2, May 18, 2019.

1. LoodyV2
    LoodyV2 Guest

Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want.

Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio files such as songs in the background?

Xbox's biggest con in my opinion is the lack of media features. For some reason (money ofc) Microsoft forcing us to use Spotify as the only working app right now that can play songs while playing games. I dont mind spending money on Spotify, but it lack
    of content. Too much song missing from it.

There are a lot of non-official methods to play audio files in the background, but they are either crash every 10 second, or just too hard to setup.

I want to remind Mr.Microsoft that right now the Xbox One console is nothing just a nerfed PC. Honor your loyal costumers!

If you have objections against this, think and tell me anything that you can do on your Xbox but not on your PC.

I love my Xbox, and i dont care if there are no exclusive games, i enjoy using my X, but i bought an Xbox One X from
    Microsoft, not a Spotify One X from the founders.

Dont force me to use some program i dont want to.

Let me plug in my USB stick/CD and enjoy my own FLAC music while playing my fav game.

Seriously why is it this hard? There is even an official Microsoft made app called Media Player, which would be perfect if it could work in the background.

i apolgize for my english, and i know it was probably useless to brag about, i cant really imagine any important person reading forums, but idk hope dies last.

:)

LoodyV2, May 18, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hello !

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this outdated thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread.
    We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again!
  3. IRB Win User

Hi

It is not encourage to re-active dormant threads.
  4. LoodyV2 Win User

I can confirm that VLC unable to do that with the currect update.

Groove works only if you cast your music from PC which is laggy, unstable and lack of control features.

as for the Simple Background Music Player... shame on me but i did not find it. Tried other apps with simmilar names, all of them was pretty garbage. This one looks pretty great so far. THIS might be the solution for my problem, and it support flac. Thank
    you very much!!! <3
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

There are other apps that support background music besides Spotify though.

According to this site, VLC, Groove, iheartradio, and Pandora support the feature. Additionally, there is the Simple Background Music Player app that lets allows for playback from USB devices.

That app plays audio files in both M4A and MP4 formats, in addition to MP3, WMA, and FLAC.

https://news.xbox.com/2016/08/30/getting-started-background-music-xbox-one/

https://www.windowscentral.com/simple-background-music-player-app-xbox-one-adds-more-languages-and-formats

In regards to Groove, it doesn't sound like you can stream anymore.

"We’ll continue to update the Windows 10 Groove Music apps for PC, Xbox, and Windows Phone so you can play your purchased music. On December 31, 2017, the option to stream, purchase, and download music from Groove Music was discontinued. If
    your purchased music was downloaded, you’ll still be able to listen to it."

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4046109/groove-music-and-spotify-faq
  6. LoodyV2 Win User

I had no idea about this page, thank you! ^^
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music) - Similar Threads - Background Audio Media

2. Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass: Recently I have changed my background on my Xbox Series X to a custom image with a size of 4.75 mb. The max is 5 mb for a custom image to be you or background on Xbox. When launching Xbox game...
  3. game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable

in XboX Insiders
    game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable: ever since I installed the lockdown browser for a class my gamebar hasn't worked at all, I've since installed lockdown but its permissions are still flummery beyond all repair. submitted by...
  4. My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...: I can't hear my team mate and enemy steps also it almost seems as the speakers sounds are off I hear things coming from my left at and along of time it's. Off dc764487-28ea-4b88-9fbe-403a12f5afa1
  5. How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording?: When I open Google Chrome, a notification appears saying "background audio recording started" on the right of my screen. This started recently, every time when I open my windows game bar with...
  6. Xbox recording audio in background

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox recording audio in background: How do I stop this xbox how do I find out who is behind....me it's attached my microsoft account 544d324b-720d-4890-8fbf-d59d40b3aece
  7. Headphones not letting me hear background audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headphones not letting me hear background audio: Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to hear background audio and be able to hear...
  8. Significant Audio Crackling/Popping When Listening to Background Music - Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Significant Audio Crackling/Popping When Listening to Background Music - Xbox One X: Dear Microsoft Community, I have encountered an issue when trying to run a music application alongside a game on the Xbox One X. No matter what I try settings-wise, the audio is interrupted by...
  9. Beam background audio support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Beam background audio support: Is there a chance at Beam getting background audio support? The service has an audio only option for streams so it seems like it would a feature the app naturally supported. It would useful for...
  10. Background music from audio CD's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Background music from audio CD's: Glad to see that background music is coming and I understand that apps like pandora will come come eventually, but I was wondering if and when will audio cd's be able to play in the background?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. best background media player for xbox