Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon)

Discus and support Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Just want to see if anyone else is having this issue, and whether it's related to my Xbox or AVR. I have my Cable box going through my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThePolackPrince, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon)

Hey everyone,

Just want to see if anyone else is having this issue, and whether it's related to my Xbox or AVR.

I have my Cable box going through my xbox, to my Denon E300 AVR.

After playing a video game and want to watch tv, I tell my xbox to "Watch TV". Almost always, there's either a delay in the AVR picking up the audio coming from the TV, or there's no audio at all. I have to turn everything off and back on again.

Has anyone else had this issue or know what to do to fix it? Do you think its the Xbox One or AVR? It's really annoying when switching between a game and TV.

Thanks!

:)

ThePolackPrince, Nov 2, 2014
  2. BiggShooter
    BiggShooter Guest
    Xbox One unable to detect that my receiver supports DD5.1, DD7.1 or DTS

I have a Denon AVR-3311CI and it accepts HDMI audio. I've always used / run the HDMI cable from my Xbox 360 to my Denon 3311CI (GAME - IN), and then another HDMI cable from my Denon 3311CI (MONITOR - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI
    would display DOLBY DIGITAL!!

With the Xbox One, I am running the HDMI cable from the Xbox One to my Denon AVR-3311CI (GAME - IN), and then the HDMI cable from my Denon AVR-3311CI (Monitor - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI displays MULTI-CHANNEL with 5.1
    UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO selected. NO DOLBY DIGITAL like the Xbox 360.

I just ordered a Denon AVR-X4000 AV Receiver to replace my Denon AVR-3311CI AV Receiver. I plan on using the Denon AVR-3311CI in another room with my second Xbox One console.

Hopefully Microsoft will get their ACT together and start fixing some of these issues. I think the console should've waited another year before it was released, as I'm guessing it will take about a year before things "seem" right.

Just my two cents.

BiggShooter, Nov 2, 2014
  3. abalgir
    abalgir Guest
    Cracking sounds when HDMI is set to Bitstream OUT

I wanted to leave the sound processing to my AVR instead of the XBOX ONE. I have the impression that in this situation the Denon is doing a better job than the XBOX ONE PCM. nevertheless, using Bitstream should not introduce cracking sounds ??

abalgir, Nov 2, 2014
  4. BiggShooter Win User

Xbox One unable to detect that my receiver supports DD5.1, DD7.1 or DTS

I have a Denon AVR-3311CI and it accepts HDMI audio. I've always used / run the HDMI cable from my Xbox 360 to my Denon 3311CI (GAME - IN), and then another HDMI cable from my Denon 3311CI (MONITOR - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI
    would display DOLBY DIGITAL!!

With the Xbox One, I am running the HDMI cable from the Xbox One to my Denon AVR-3311CI (GAME - IN), and then the HDMI cable from my Denon AVR-3311CI (Monitor - OUT) to my Panasonic Plasma (HDMI 1). The Denon AVR-3311CI displays MULTI-CHANNEL with 5.1
    UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO selected. NO DOLBY DIGITAL like the Xbox 360.

I just ordered a Denon AVR-X4000 AV Receiver to replace my Denon AVR-3311CI AV Receiver. I plan on using the Denon AVR-3311CI in another room with my second Xbox One console.

Hopefully Microsoft will get their ACT together and start fixing some of these issues. I think the console should've waited another year before it was released, as I'm guessing it will take about a year before things "seem" right.

Just my two cents.
  5. abalgir Win User

Cracking sounds when HDMI is set to Bitstream OUT

I wanted to leave the sound processing to my AVR instead of the XBOX ONE. I have the impression that in this situation the Denon is doing a better job than the XBOX ONE PCM. nevertheless, using Bitstream should not introduce cracking sounds ??
  6. axxo-9EC04FE6-31DE-4 Win User

Crackling noise coming from speakers

I have the same Problem with my Denon AVR.

If the AVR is set to DTS and i switch within diffrent Devices and switch Back to the Xbox One, the crackling Noise starts. This seems to be a Bug with the HDMI Handshake on Xbox One, because none of my other Devices behave like that.

What helps is going to Controls and switch the Sound from DTS to 7.1 and back to DTS to re-do the Handshake.
  7. BirdOfPrey 13 Win User

Xbox one and Denon AVR-791 no audio/image

Evandro,

I have the same receiver and have not had issues with the audio or images going through my denon AVR-791.

I am on the hunt to get the command "volume up or volume down" to work but so far no luck. I've tried searching for the proper remote code for the receiver and again no luck.

So I guess my question is does anyone know the remote code for the Denon AVR-791 that works with the Xbox One?
  8. nrps1 Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I've just upgraded to a Denon AVR-X2800H, exactly the same issue. Prime and Disney are fine, Netflix and Apple only output Dolby Digital. Curious that everyone here only mentioned Denon receivers....
Thema:

Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon)

1. Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon) - Similar Threads - AVR Sound Issue

2. Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR: Hi, I have a 2020 Samsung Frame TV, a Denon X3700H receiver, and an Xbox Series X, and I can’t get 4k to work with the Xbox. The Xbox detects that the TV supports 4K, but when I select 4K on it it...
  3. : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't: : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no problem. Got a series X yesterday(finally!), and...
  4. Xbox Series X sending multiple volume commands to my AVR

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X sending multiple volume commands to my AVR: Everything worked fine on my Xbox One since it used IR. Now that the new Series X uses HDMI CEC, the volume and mute controls are all screwed up. The Xbox seems to be sending the signals twice....
  5. Xbox Series S - Only getting Stereo to AVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - Only getting Stereo to AVR: Hello - I have what is hopefully a simple problem, I have searched for a solution but have not found one. I have connected my Xbox Series S to the HDMI Game port of my STR-DN1080 AVR, I have a...
  6. Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible: Hi, I have an XBOX ONE connected to the Game HDMI port of my Denon 2700H which is connected to a Samsung QLED TV - when I configure HDR on the xbox one, I get a message indicating that my TV is...
  7. Dolby Atmos not working with last Denon avr update.

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not working with last Denon avr update.: Denon and other Avr brands released an update to enable Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization. After the avr update the xbox audio is no more encoded to atmos but only multichannel in. I read that a...
  8. Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...: Denon (Audio/Video Receivers): Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem Hi there, thank you very much, to both of you, for kind advise. I...
  9. Xbox One - intermittent no sound when xbox turned on when using HK AVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - intermittent no sound when xbox turned on when using HK AVR: My issue has been brought up with Xbox Twitter support , Xbox live support chat and xbox support phone chat with no clear cut resolution. I have my XB1 wired HDMI to my Harmon Kardon audio/video...
  10. Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000: Hi, I recently purchased a Denon AVR X1000. When I plug my Xbox One into it I only receive sound out of the left and right speakers. I have the sound system set up for 5.1 and can confirm that it...