Xbox One and Xbox One Smartglass. just horribly designed and not very functional, should fix ...

Discus and support Xbox One and Xbox One Smartglass. just horribly designed and not very functional, should fix ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, so Xbox One's friend list already is messed up in its design because of the overall design there are many issues that arise just from the fact that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by infamous X187Xx, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Xbox One and Xbox One Smartglass. just horribly designed and not very functional, should fix ...

Ok, so Xbox One's friend list already is messed up in its design because of the overall design there are many issues that arise just from the fact that you have to go into your profile and then into your friends list.. you have to have "followers" instead
    of friends and all sorts of other stupid things that are just wrong with it, but I can deal with that because it still works (not well... but it works). On the other hand your "Smartglass" is not smart. There are so many issues, here is the main list off
    the top of my head:

1. There is not a section to view online friends. You have to go into your friends list and scroll through all of your friends to just see a little dot next to their name to let you know that that person is online.

2. You cannot check what your friends are actually playing. Once you've finally found someone who is online and you want to see what they are playing, good luck, that isn't an option. You can see their "activity feed" (which is a terrible concept all together,
    but let it be.. whatever.) but you can only see "gamertag" played madden 25, 5 hours ago.... really? how difficult would it have been to just put in: "gamertag" is currently online playing madden 25... its simple, do it.

3. The connectivity between a tablet, smartphone, whatever device you want to connect via smartglass to your xbox one is just bad, you constantly are having to resign in on your xbox under the profile so that the tablet can recognize what it is supposed
    to do. And it loses connection and "gets lost" in what it is supposed to be doing.

Those are the 3 MAIN/MAJOR issues that are wrong with this so called "smartglass" that really isn't smart at all. I mean come on, we all paid at least 500$ for this new system and you are marketing the hell out of smartglass and all of its features but it
    is terrible... If you can at least just fix one thing allow us to see the status of online friends. Seriously? Xbox 360 had a better designed app for smart phones then what you put together for xbox one, just add in the ability to see who is online and what
    they are playing, it's really not too difficult for a company like Microsoft to program something (or at least I would hope you guys know how to do that...). If you are going to continue to market smartglass so much at least make it halfway decent (it currently
    is not).

FIX IT!

end rant.

Thanks,

Nick.

:)

infamous X187Xx, Jan 10, 2014
  2. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Xbox one Smartglass

The 360 one is now listed in the Store as 'Xbox 360 SmartGlass' rather than just Xbox SmartGlass.

As for what changed in the One version, no idea. Very minor bumps in version numbers, probably just some stability or bug fix.

maxen, Jan 10, 2014
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    I cannot be download X1 SmartGlass at 8.1 Surface RT

I have the same tablet.

Xbox One Smartglass is on the store for me.

In the search bar type Xbox One Smartglass and it should show up. just select it then install

Malacath, Jan 10, 2014
  4. maxen Win User

Xbox one Smartglass

The 360 one is now listed in the Store as 'Xbox 360 SmartGlass' rather than just Xbox SmartGlass.

As for what changed in the One version, no idea. Very minor bumps in version numbers, probably just some stability or bug fix.
  5. SpartanGreen Win User

Unobtainable achievement- Fable Anniversary “See the Future”

Xbox 360 SmartGlass is not detecting the Xbox 360 anymore. Fable Anniversary cannot be completed due to this. What's the point of releasing this classic title for free if it's not backward compatible? If the Xbox 360 SmartGlass will not continue working
    as it once did, Microsoft should at least add Xbox 360 functionality to Xbox One SmartGlass. Will be staying away from Fable until this is resolved.
  6. Malacath Win User

I cannot be download X1 SmartGlass at 8.1 Surface RT

I have the same tablet.

Xbox One Smartglass is on the store for me.

In the search bar type Xbox One Smartglass and it should show up. just select it then install
  7. soccerp1ay3r Win User

Xbox one smart glass

As Fairlife Milk stated, there are two different apps for smartglass. One is specific to Xbox 360, while the other is specific to Xbox One. As long as you are using the Xbox One Smartglass app it should work. They haven't had any issues recently with the
    app. Hopefully this will fix your issue.
  8. JCJordan-57F307B2-F2 Win User

Controller Build Quality

I think his issue is very clear. Anyone that has ever played xbox one knows that the build quality of the controller is terrible. It is probably the worst quality consumer product ever made. I have the same issue and i'm not a heavy gamer. I go through a
    controller per month and microsoft refuses to fix the issue and the customer support is horrible. Someone should file a class action. The person who designed the controller should be fired.
Thema:

Xbox One and Xbox One Smartglass. just horribly designed and not very functional, should fix ...

1. Xbox One and Xbox One Smartglass. just horribly designed and not very functional, should fix ... - Similar Threads - Smartglass horribly designed

2. SmartGlass 2.0 the X^2 Initiative(X Squared)

in XboX Insiders
    SmartGlass 2.0 the X^2 Initiative(X Squared): Xbox and Microsoft should create a 1st party mobile controller similar to the Backbone, Razor, and other examples whereas the phone is in the center of the controller. (I feel sorry for the people...
  3. Does the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app still work on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app still work on Windows 10?: I went to Microsoft Store to update the Xbox app and noticed this app in my downloads. I was wondering whether this worked on Windows 10 as this image appeared when I opened the app. [img]...
  4. Guide stratégique Xbox SmartGlass Fable, comment l'utiliser ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guide stratégique Xbox SmartGlass Fable, comment l'utiliser ?: Bonjour, Comment puis-je débloquer le succès "Vision du futur" dans Fable Anniversary sachant que l'application "Xbox SmartGlass" et "Xbox One SmartGlass" ne sont plus disponibles, et que...
  5. So I installed a APK of the Xbox 360 SmartGlass

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I installed a APK of the Xbox 360 SmartGlass: So I'm still the APK of the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app and I logged in and it wouldn't let me cuz it said it failed to get to the Xbox services. Please bring it back I'm tired of using the new Xbox...
  6. Xbox 360 smartglass

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 smartglass: I fully understand the xbox 360 smart glass is gone and not supported but wouldt it be easier for just to live it on Google play aps just for people who just have a xbox 360 and not the xbox one...
  7. Is Xbox Smartglass still supported?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox Smartglass still supported?: I have an Xbox Series X and wanted to know if smartglass is still supported. It seemed like a cool feature looking at the E3 demos and I can't find the smartglass app or the feature in the Xbox...
  8. Smartglass on backward compatible games

in XboX Insiders
    Smartglass on backward compatible games: Quite a number of backward compatible games have smartglass requirements. Is it possible to bring smartglass back for backward compatible games on the 'virtual xbox 360 dashboard'? submitted by...
  9. Xbox Series X/S Smartglass

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S Smartglass: I know that there wont be anymore kinect but will there be a Xbox Series X/S Smartglass app for the windows 10 or 11? 3655171b-5a52-4c4d-a1a0-757b605b974f
  10. Xbox Smartglass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Smartglass: I got game pass to play the fable games but seeing I can't achievement the whole game because you have done away with smartglass that's a bummer any plans ideas for a fix or how to get it?...