Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*

Discus and support Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy* in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone successfully managed to get full functionality from the above Virgin Media Tivo box? Xbox can turn mine on or off and change channel, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daft Sidious, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Daft Sidious
    Daft Sidious Guest

Has anyone successfully managed to get full functionality from the above Virgin Media Tivo box?

Xbox can turn mine on or off and change channel, but that is about it; the play / pause / stop / fast forward / rewind commands don't work, nor does the menu.

Oddly enough, using the Smartglass Beta app and selecting the emulated cable remote, it does. So the coding is in there somewhere. The question is where?

:)

Daft Sidious, Jul 13, 2014
  2. Oneguide and Virgin Media (SMT-C7101) not working?

Hello,

I have a 1tb Samsung SMT-C7101 virgin media TiVo box and have not been able to use Oneguide with it. I have read that similar versions of the box work (I can see the TV itself but just not use any of the Oneguide controls).

I have tried setting it up with 'Virgin Media' as the brand and 'TiVo' as one forum member suggested but no joy. I have tried the actual model number above but it is not on the list. I have also tried clicking on similar model numbers but it does not work.
    Also, the automatic one (where it should power the box off) did not manage to turn it off.

Any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

Mark

oOo Boarder oOo, Jul 13, 2014
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    plugging my xbox upto my TiVo box

Hello guys i am thinking about plugging my xbox up to my TiVo box (Virgin Media) what cables do i need do i plug my xbox into my tv and my TiVo box into my xbox one and im ready to go?

N7 Gh0stz, Jul 13, 2014
  4. Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*

The xbox one does not support the dvr function of cable boxes as of now but a lot of people are asking for this function and hopefully it will come with a future update. Until then you'll have to use the remote that controls your cable box.

MaximumExtreme, Jul 14, 2014
  5. Rouble
    Rouble Guest
    hiya...don't know if i should say this but can I just say that i'm on the preview program and the xbox play/pause/rewind/stop etc...while watching tv using virgin media TiVo through the xbox one definitely work for me...when I say xbox select while using
    the tv I get....ONEGUIDE/RECENT CHANNELS/SKIP BACKWARD/REWIND/STOP/PAUSE/PLAY/FAST FORWARD/SKIP FORWARD ....all highlighted in green and all of which work...the only command i'd find useful would be RECORD but then I've always got a handset or smartglass if
    needed.....perhaps the cable box needs setting up for the xbox one again ? there's a lot of options/different box models....just a thought Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy* :)

I've found that when you setup the cablebox in device control instead of using the model number just put Virgin Media Tivo and this should enable you to have the functions you're looking for...like I say the only one I've not been able to use so far is record
    ....hope this helps as it certainly adds to the experience......enjoy Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy* :)

Rouble, Jul 14, 2014
  6. Daft Sidious
    Daft Sidious Guest
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not too worried about the DVR function; it was more of what Rouble said about the Play/Pause/FF/RW etc.

I can confirm that entering the make as 'Virgin Media' and enter the model as 'TiVo' it works perfectly.

Job jobbed. Thank you both.

Daft Sidious, Jul 25, 2014
  7. mpsamuels
    mpsamuels Guest
    As above, I found the key is to make sure you DO NOT use the "Guide me" option to set this up but instead, after choosing the brand as Virgin Media, use the second option to manually enter the model number as Tivo.

If you just enter the brand and let the Xbox guide you through the rest of the setup it will, successfully, test the power on/off function and not think to check for other features. If you manually enter the model as Tivo the RW/FF etc features work as expected.

mpsamuels, Oct 18, 2014
  8. Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*

I have the 1tb version of this box (SMT-C7101) and the Xbox One won't interact with it at all. It appears not to be supported. Can someone please confirm, I'm gutted!

oOo Boarder oOo, Apr 4, 2015
  9. Hey there oOo Boarder oOo!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: