Xbox one account v's xbox 360 account

Discus and support Xbox one account v's xbox 360 account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox one - we had a family play for myself my wife and my son to save money. Now the accounts are individual. On the Xbox one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheBrit, Feb 21, 2014.

1. TheBrit
    TheBrit Guest

I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox one - we had a family play for myself my wife and my son to save money. Now the accounts are individual. On the Xbox one we have downloaded our profiles.

In June our three gamertag accounts expire and I will renew my account on the Xbox one so we can all still play multi-plyer with our individual friends etc.

Even though the accounts for my son and wife are on the Xbox one, active and allowed to access all of the gold features because my account is renewed on there, I am assuming that when they go to sign into the regular Xbox 360 their accounts will be classed
    as silver accounts and they will not be able to play our collection of Xbox 360 games online unless we buy 2 new 12-month subscriptions for them (which in a way makes the ability to play under my account on the Xbox one worthless if we are having to spend
    all that money on 2 more Xbox 360 accounts)

Is this how it works?

:)

TheBrit, Feb 21, 2014
  2. rickyjohn
    rickyjohn Guest
    First time use/setup

Hi. I've bought a day one edition for my boys a surprise for Xmas but not had a chance to test it yet. Because one of my lads already has a 360 in his room with his own gold account, I am going to set up the xbox One with his as the primary account fir the gold access as that way we can use the same gold account on his 360 and the shared Xbox one.

However, if I set the Xbox one up late one night presumably I will have to add the primary/gold account that it will use (I.e my son's) as part of the initial set up . Then I'll try it with one of the games. So by doing this, when he next uses his 360 will he see that his account had been used on an Xbox one? Obviously I don't want him to suspect there is an Xbox one in the house!!!

Cheers!

rickyjohn, Feb 21, 2014
  3. EDDS
    EDDS Guest
    360 and One on same gold account

If I sign in to Xbox Live on my Xbox One, will I also be able to sign in on the same account on my 360 at the same time? Say someone is using the Xbox One in the living room and I'm playing my 360 in my bedroom. Will I be able to use the same account?

WHITTEN: Yes this works! You'll be able to be signed on with the same gamertag on both an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One console at the same time. However, like today, you can only be signed into one Xbox 360 and one Xbox One at a time

Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One - IGN

4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Yes. Gold sharing is only available on the One. One the 360 each account would need it's own gold subscription if they want to play online.

Smwutches, Feb 21, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: