Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.

Discus and support Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son used a Xbox gift card to buy Minecraft Java Edition for his PC from the Xbox store. It shows in his library, yet says he needs to buy it (again)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jesse Macy, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Jesse Macy
    Jesse Macy Guest

My son used a Xbox gift card to buy Minecraft Java Edition for his PC from the Xbox store. It shows in his library, yet says he needs to buy it (again) and there is no record of the purchase being shown. What do I do?

:)

Jesse Macy, Oct 17, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your concern and I'm sorry you're going through this. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Make sure your child is signed in to the Xbox app and Store with the same account they used to purchase the game1.

In the Windows bar, search for “Xbox.” When the Xbox app appears, right-click and select “App Settings.” Click repair and try the app again to see if the game appears. If not, click reset and launch the app again to see if it appears.

Make sure your Windows operating system and the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date.

this should help

Best regards.
  3. x0x0janessa Win User

Reinstalling games

You can't find the game in the store? It's showing up in the store for me. Try hard resetting your Xbox to see if it appears in your game library to be re-downloaded, or if it shows in the store for you.
  4. JoonsangYu Win User

I brought Forza Horizon 3, but it is missing in my library.

This is not game app problem.

Windows store app does not show my game.

There is no forza horizon 3 in store library.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Are games that I've downloaded to my Xbox via my Xbox Game Pass subscription, but have not bought, supposed to be included in the "My Library" list in the Microsoft Store app on my PC?

Hi, games that are included in the Xbox game pass do not show in your library on the Windows 10 Microsoft Store. the same goes for EA Access too. These games are part of a subscription and since you have not purchased these games, then they you do not own
    them, hence why they don't show in the digital library.
  6. Smwutches Win User

​How I can play the forza from my xbox on my pc?

Thema:

1. Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play. - Similar Threads - Windows Store shows

2. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  4. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  5. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  6. Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?: Hi, I've been trying to install the Minecraft Launcher for a while now, but every time I try, the install button is just greyed out. If I wait for around 5 minutes, it takes me to the "We'll...
  7. One of my windows store games keeps dissapearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One of my windows store games keeps dissapearing: One of my games (Ark survival evolved) wich I downloaded from the windows store keeps dissapearing, and by dissapearing I mean it doesn't apear in my library, and when i search for it in the...
  8. I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.: For some time I have been having this issue where every time I try to log into one of my Microsoft applications on my PC a grey window pops up for a second and then immediately disappears. There...
  9. just brought mine craft for windows 10 from Microsoft store it will not launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just brought mine craft for windows 10 from Microsoft store it will not launch: error code (-2015294512) minecraft for windows 10 will not launch logged out restarted computer not working still will not launch how do I get my money back from Microsoft? this is buggy...
  10. Issues with Microsoft Store Window "Show in Store" when updating/installing PSO2:NGS CBT...

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with Microsoft Store Window "Show in Store" when updating/installing PSO2:NGS CBT...: While trying to install a client update for the Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Closed Beta Test via the XBOX Insiders App for PC, the Microsoft Store window that pops up when l click on "Show...