Xbox on Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; English: I am having problems with Xbox on Windows 10, I have a Wireless Gaming Receiver to play with the xbox 360 controller on the pc, and every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Luiz Felipe de Lima Davanço, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Xbox on Windows 10

English:

I am having problems with Xbox on Windows 10, I have a Wireless Gaming Receiver to play with the xbox 360 controller on the pc, and every time I put it in the usb input it appears this: unknown usb device
    (failed to call the descriptor device) or something, can someone help me? (I'm using google translate)

Portuguese:

Estou com problemas em relação a Xbox no Windows 10, eu tenho um Wireless Gaming Receiver para jogar com o controle de xbox 360 no pc, e toda vez que coloco ele na entrada usb aparece isso: dispositivo usb desconhecido (falha na solicitação de descritor
    do dispositivo) ou algo do tipo, alguem pode me ajudar?

:)

Luiz Felipe de Lima Davanço, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Cha1ky
    Cha1ky Guest
    The Darwin Project (X1)

The Darwin Project on Xbox One and Windows 10...

Cha1ky, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Our lord and savior, Phil Spencer, will be speaking at the Windows 10 conference

Well, he's the head of the Xbox division, so it must mean something Xbox. Since it is a Windows 10 conference, I can only imagine a few things it will be,
    • Windows 10 integration on Xbox One.
    • The revival of a games focused program for Windows 10 (like Games for Windows or a Steam competitor)
    • Exclusive Windows 10 games (Halo Wars 2, Minecraft 2, etc.) or just other games coming to Windows 10 (Killer Instinct)

SoldierPhoenix, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Xbox on Windows 10

You'll need to go to manage devices on your pc to see if you can manually allow it.

Geth, Oct 9, 2018
  5. Says he is already enabled

Luiz Felipe de Lima Davanço, Oct 9, 2018
  6. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Luiz,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. There is an article entitled

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows
    which provides troubleshooting steps for the adapter. It is possible that Windows 10 needs an update for the receiver to function. The article entitled

How to Get Software and Driver Updates for Windows 10
    will provide steps on how to complete that process. We recommend using the gaming receiver article's troubleshooting steps first. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 10, 2018
  7. Nothing worked. Can the receiver be the problem? It was working fine until last week.

Luiz Felipe de Lima Davanço, Oct 10, 2018
  8. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest

Xbox on Windows 10

Hello Luiz,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Just to clarify.

Is the receiver plugged into the back of the device? That would make it harder to receive the signal, because it need to be in a "Line of sight" (clear view between the device).

Try this:

After installing the drivers plug in the wireless receiver to your PC

Open Device Manager

Right-click "Unknown device" > "Update Driver Software"

"Browse my computer for driver software"

"Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

Highlight "Show All Devices" > Click Next

This may take a second to load depending on your PC

Under Manufacturer select "Microsoft"

Under Model select "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Version..."

Click Next

When you get prompted for the Update Driver Warning click "Yes"

Once your receiver is working, click the sync button on both the receiver and your wireless 360 controller and you should see a pop up from your System Tray about "USB Input Device" was detected.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox on Windows 10