Xbox on PC won't see MSFS2020 after drive change

Discus and support Xbox on PC won't see MSFS2020 after drive change in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have two Xbox Game Pass accounts on PC. One for me and one for my Grandson. I had installed MSFS2020 on my PC using one of those accounts. I recently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brett Trommler, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Xbox on PC won't see MSFS2020 after drive change

I have two Xbox Game Pass accounts on PC. One for me and one for my Grandson. I had installed MSFS2020 on my PC using one of those accounts. I recently changed some drives around; added an M.2 SSD for the OS and so the drive with the MSFS install changed from the D: drive to the E: drive. Now, when I bring Xbox up, it doesn't show the MSFS install even if I point it to the correct directory. What can I do about this? I really don't want to have to wait through another 160gb download...

:)

Brett Trommler, Aug 16, 2023
  2. DaneColletti Win User

Microsoft flight simulator 2020

Ok after the last few updates with msfs2020 steam version I've had virus issues on my PC also on my Xbox msfs2020 I've noticed that the F-18 that I can't turn the position lights on and strobe lights on so I can't fly at night and when I go to turn them brighter the knobs are already at 100 percent but can't see anything no lights just taxi light works
  3. Farscape247 Win User

series x ssd games wiped.

the pc won't see the format of the drive as the xbox is formatted in a way that windows wont see automatically so the drive will be unallocated to windows.
  4. Ryan355 Win User

Which files do I copy to transfer Flight Simulator 2020 to another PC?

Hi guys. So i've recently also wanted to copy over my MSFS2020 from my PC to my laptop and followed the instructions posted by DeckedBeret1566. I have copied the 'Official' and 'Community' folder from my PC (D:\Games\MSFS2020) to my laptop (C:\Games\MSFS2020).
    However when I select (C:\Games\MSFS2020) in the installer, it proceeds to download the entire game from scratch. Perhaps I am missing something?
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD

Hi there,

Connecting the drive up to a PC is not a good test to see if the drive is still working as an Xbox formatted drive won't show on a PC. The drive would need to be reformatted for the PC if you wanted to use it after it's been formatted for an Xbox One.

If you have a second console (of the same generation if possible - i.e. if it was on an Xbox One X, try it on an Xbox One S or X) try connecting it there to see if you get the same behavior. If you don't have a second in your procession, see if a friend/family
    member has one that you can connect your drive to in order to do the check.

External hard drives can go bad at random times. It doesn't happen very often, but it can happen. I've had it happen to a hard drive I connected to my Xbox. I connected the drive to 3 different consoles and none of them read the drive. That's when I realized
    the drive died.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox external harddrive to pc

Hi,

It can't be used on both systems. The Xbox One/Series X|S Formatting is not compatible with PC, your PC won't even see it as a usable drive when you connect it normally.

To use the drive on a PC would require formatting it via Windows Disk Management (the only Windows tool that will see the drive). This would erase the Xbox formatting and thus all the downloaded games.
Thema:

Xbox on PC won't see MSFS2020 after drive change

1. Xbox on PC won't see MSFS2020 after drive change - Similar Threads - won't MSFS2020 drive

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  5. Friends won't appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends won't appear online: I'm on Xbox s, I play with my bro all the time with him inviting me in. Recently all of my friends even him no longer show up online even when I'm in a game with them, says last online 29 days...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  7. MSFS2020 Won't start when I press play in the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 Won't start when I press play in the Xbox app.: I’ve just installed MSFS2020 to play again, but when I tried to open the sim, it didn’t start. I have tried multiple methods to fix this issue, but none of them have worked. Back when I used to...
  8. MSFS2020 Won't Boot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 Won't Boot: Good evening, I've had MSFS2020 almost since launch and it's worked fine until about a half a year ago. The game will boot the launcher, close it, and never properly launch the game. Only way...
  9. MSFS2020 won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 won't open: Every time I try to open MSFS2020 it never opens. I have tried every method, including running as administrator. I just uninstalled it and when I tried to reinstall I got this error message:...
  10. MSFS2020 won't start - says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store -...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 won't start - says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store -...: MSFS starts its launch phase -- hits a screen that says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store and I click OK, and it shuts down. Launch Microsoft Store - run updates -...