"Xbox on" feature useless?

Discus and support "Xbox on" feature useless? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @Beaufort I did read the thread and really if you expect the controller to turn on when saying Xbox On you should also expect the same when turning the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Beaufort-81A43293-ED0D-4D89-B51E-4C4C27BA7D4C, May 3, 2014.

  1. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

    "Xbox on" feature useless?


    @Beaufort I did read the thread and really if you expect the controller to turn on when saying Xbox On you should also expect the same when turning the console on using the button.

    @Tohell it is amazing how lazy some people are sometimes.
     
    x24hrs2livex, May 4, 2014
    #16
  2. Absolutely. Why was the Xbox on feature implemented? I see it as to make things a bit easier to get the system up and running. But if you have to say "Xbox on" then press the controller button, wouldn't it be simpler just to push the controller button? Do
    you see what I'm trying to say?
     
    Beaufort-81A43293-ED0D-4D89-B51E-4C4C27BA7D4C, May 4, 2014
    #17
  3. KLRSKIR
    KLRSKIR Guest
    That's how I always used it. If I want to game, I power on with a controller. If I'm watching TV, I use voice. However, with the TV on most of the time, I mostly use voice to boot anyway and just touch the controller.
     
    KLRSKIR, May 4, 2014
    #18
  4. "Xbox on" feature useless?

    I just turn it on with the controller. The xbox on command doesn't work very well for me.
     
    TheSpiralMatrix, May 4, 2014
    #19
  5. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest
    I am glad when I say "Xbox On" my controller doesn't turn on. IMHO 9.99999 times out of 10 I am only turning it on to watch TV which doesn't require the controller. It would be a waste of battery life to turn the controllers on every time the console is
    turned on.
     
    xXCamhawkXx, May 5, 2014
    #20
  6. This is a case of horses for courses. Best thing is to have the option available under settings.
     
    Beaufort-81A43293-ED0D-4D89-B51E-4C4C27BA7D4C, May 5, 2014
    #21
  7. Beaufort let say the Xbox One had the feature to power on the controller in addition to the console after the command "Xbox On". For a feature like that to work, the controller would need to be in instant on state like the console which would be terrible
    for battery life.
     
    Windows10XboxOne, May 5, 2014
    #22
  8. "Xbox on" feature useless?

    To answer the threads question:

    No, Xbox On Voice Command is not useless.

    Maybe they should update the controller to have retinal scan so I can just look at the controller I want turned on.
     
    CollapseControl, May 5, 2014
    #23
  9. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    The X Box could be located across the room, or maybe even in a different room...the controller ALWAYS has to be in your hand to function. That is the difference.

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., May 5, 2014
    #24
  10. But wouldn't the option of having it available be of any use? If I say "Xbox on" to play games, wouldn't it be good if the controller turned on too? . and people Who purely use voice commands can have that option unchecked.
     
    Beaufort-81A43293-ED0D-4D89-B51E-4C4C27BA7D4C, May 5, 2014
    #25
  11. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    One of the main reasons the Xbox One has a rich voice commands system is so you can do common tasks without having to pick up a controller or remote control. You're not forced to pick anything up to do many tasks.

    If you're picking up a controller, the button to turn it on is right there, so there's no point in turning the controller on with voice commands. Also, what if you have more than 1 controller? Which one does it turn on? I've got 2 controllers and I pick
    one up at random when I go to use the console. It would be a pain if one was right next to me, but when I said "Xbox on" it turned the other controller on, so I had to get up, turn that one off, turn the right one on, blah blah.

    It seems like it has no benefit, other than saving you from 1 single button press, which, given that the controller is in your hands, doesn't really seem like it's worth it.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Oct 31, 2018
    #26
  12. Windows10XboxOne Win User

    "Xbox on" feature useless?

    Beaufort let say the Xbox One had the feature to power on the controller in addition to the console after the command "Xbox On". For a feature like that to work, the controller would need to be in instant on state like the console which would be terrible
    for battery life.
  13. KLRSKIR Win User

    "Xbox on" feature useless?

    That's how I always used it. If I want to game, I power on with a controller. If I'm watching TV, I use voice. However, with the TV on most of the time, I mostly use voice to boot anyway and just touch the controller.
  14. Beaufort-81A43293-ED Win User

    "Xbox on" feature useless?

    Turn 1 on. Even so, the feature is useless don't u think?
  15. x24hrs2livex Win User

    "Xbox on" feature useless?

    @Beaufort I did read the thread and really if you expect the controller to turn on when saying Xbox On you should also expect the same when turning the console on using the button.

    @Tohell it is amazing how lazy some people are sometimes.
  16. Fear2Eternity Win User

    "Xbox on" feature useless?

    ^yeah, you should post that in the feedback section.
Thema:

"Xbox on" feature useless?

Loading...
  1. "Xbox on" feature useless? - Similar Threads - feature useless

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.

    in XboX Insiders
    New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.: I recently tested the new one-hour streaming feature unlocked by watching a single advertisement in xbox cloud gaming as an insider hub member, and I found the service and controls to be...
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  10. New XBOX Disc To Digital Feature

    in XboX Insiders
    New XBOX Disc To Digital Feature: Hey all, Im apart of xbox insiders and im currently enrolled to Omega and Delta and the new feature is not showing up for me yet. It says my XBOX updated last night, but I do not have the disc...