Xbox not turning on

Discus and support Xbox not turning on in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; so my xbox doesnt seem to want to turn on but makes the power on noise very quietly but nothing happens. this has happened several times and it ends up... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JagerNutzz, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Xbox not turning on

so my xbox doesnt seem to want to turn on but makes the power on noise very quietly but nothing happens. this has happened several times and it ends up powering back on after awhile but ive noticed it only does it before i update my xbox. so as soon as it turns on the update xbox screen comes up. anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/JagerNutzz
    [link] [comments]

/u/JagerNutzz, Jun 18, 2019
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Xbox turns on then turns off

Hi TEEZYdennis,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Xbox. Is it safe to assume it is an Xbox One?

I suggest a reset of the console via the troubleshooting screen to get you back to a factory reset.

To access the troubleshooting screen use these steps:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press theXbox button on the console.
    5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

From there you can reset your console.

Hope this helps and do keep us posted.
  3. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Xbox not turning on.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble turning on your Xbox One. Let's have you go through the No Power troubleshooting article if you haven't already. If that doesn't help,
    unfortunately you'll want to consider reaching out to the Online Service Center to explore having your console repaired or replaced. I know it's not ideal, but that is definitely not normal behavior for an
    Xbox One.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

xbox will not turn on.

Awesome job figuring this out Barzie! Well done!

I'm glad you got it sorted! Game on and let us know if you have any other questions! =)
  5. TA Barzie HD Win User

xbox will not turn on.

I finally got my hands on a new power box/brick(?) and this was the problem.
  6. Kung Fu Spoon Win User

Xbox Not Turning On!

It definitely sounds like it could be the Power Supply then. Like I said try to borrow a friends to see if the console works, and if it is the Power Supply I would strongly recommend buying an official one, an unofficial one may be cheap but it may also
    damage your console.
Thema:

Xbox not turning on

1. Xbox not turning on - Similar Threads - turning

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?: My xbox series s after being turned off starts to flash not connect to my tv and my controller stays on does anyone have a clue as to what's happening? submitted by /u/Riley6081 [link] [comments]
  5. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  6. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  7. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  8. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  9. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  10. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...