Xbox not turning on (Power Supply is on sustained yellow light)

Discus and support Xbox not turning on (Power Supply is on sustained yellow light) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As I press the on button on my ORIGINAL XBOX ONE, the chime plays but the button does not light up nor does the xbox turn on. The chime also plays on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NiallO'Shea, Jun 10, 2020.

1. NiallO'Shea
    NiallO'Shea Guest

As I press the on button on my ORIGINAL XBOX ONE, the chime plays but the button does not light up nor does the xbox turn on. The chime also plays on the open disk tray button. I have done a hard reset of the external power supply already and it has
    not helped the situation.

:)

NiallO'Shea, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Sayann X Win User

Hello, did you try to restart your console by pressing the console ignition button and disk ejection button 10 seconds simultaneously?
  3. ericjwilborn Win User

During the hard reset of the power supply did you unplug it from the console, the wall (or power strip), as well as from itself (cord from brick)? Also, when you plugged it back in, are you plugging it into a power strip? It's suggested to go directly
    to the wall.
  4. JBlack02187 Win User

My Elite is Oddly Silent

Is the Xbox turning on? Or is it not powering up at all? I myself have an Elite, and I've never heard the chirping sound, but from your post, I can't tell if the Xbox is actually powering up. If the Xbox turns on, check the light on the power supply and
    it should be green. When the Xbox is powered down, the power supply light should be yellow. If the power supply light is red, then that would indicate a bad power supply.
  5. Kiesey Win User

3 Red Rings Xbox 360 Elite (Old Gen) HELP !!

Check the steps in the article below for the 3 red lights, as for the power supply if the light is green when the console is on and yellow when the console is off then the power supply should be fine and the issue is the console, if the power supply light
    stays yellow or goes red while the console is on then the issue is the power supply.

support.xbox.com/.../three-flashinglights
  6. HassanB Win User

Yellow blinking light section 1

Never heard of the XBOX 360 3 light sections having a yellow color at all, it was either red or nothing. The only other place I know where there could be a yellow blinking light would be on the power supply. Never heard of it on the actual console itself.
Thema:

1. Xbox not turning on (Power Supply is on sustained yellow light) - Similar Threads - turning Power Supply

2. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn on normally after a power surge: Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables...
  3. Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.

in XboX Insiders
    Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.: I have an older xbox one s that will often give me trouble when I go to turn it on. I hit the button, it chimes, the light comes on, then it shuts back down after a second or two. It doesnt even...
  4. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  5. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  6. My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox brick was working fine for a few months but then the power turned off for around 8...: This happened before to my old one and I had to buy a new one. 16f3027a-0c4c-4e9c-9056-52b46181b140
  7. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  8. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50
  9. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....
  10. So my Xbox one does not turn on, and the power supply does not show a light when I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one does not turn on, and the power supply does not show a light when I bought...: Please just help me and tell me how to fix it d7e88903-1e95-456d-a530-c8c112f6a8ba