Xbox not functioning.

Discus and support Xbox not functioning. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on my xbox and was greeted with a black screen. I looked for answers on the internet and it told me to reset it which required me to press and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Default_2024115, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Xbox not functioning.

I turned on my xbox and was greeted with a black screen. I looked for answers on the internet and it told me to reset it which required me to press and hold the pairing button and the eject disc button. When I reset the console, it goes to the "preparing console" screen and stays like that for a while until it says "something went wrong". I don't know what to do at this point.

:)

Default_2024115, Feb 18, 2024
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

xbox not functioning

3. Francia J. Win User

Xbox function

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You need to sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and make sure that these settings are set to “allow”.

You also need an Xbox Live Gold subscription.

[​IMG]
  4. CognacTony83 Win User

xbox not functioning

Thank you for your response/ I can not do any of the steps you suggested. When I do power reset it brings me back to the same screen. I cannot access any menus on the game.
  5. F4R RAYDEN Win User

xbox not functioning

Have you checked the cable from the console to tv
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

xbox functionality

Hello @JamieRedmond, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

Xbox not functioning.

1. Xbox not functioning. - Similar Threads - functioning

2. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  3. controller stop functioning after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller stop functioning after few minutes: I recently purchased an Xbox Series X|S controller for PC gaming. Unfortunately, today the battery leaked, causing my hands to get oily. I disposed of the batteries, and now I'm attempting to use...
  4. IS THERE A WAY TO MODIFY CONTROL STICK SENSITIVITY? DO THESE FUNCTIONS NOT EXIST ON THE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    IS THERE A WAY TO MODIFY CONTROL STICK SENSITIVITY? DO THESE FUNCTIONS NOT EXIST ON THE...: I updated my console and now I can't even use my controller because the sensitivity is way to effing high, it's brutal and it's not my controller. There are no ease of access settings and there is...
  5. My keyboard is not functioning properly..

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard is not functioning properly..: I am currently using a GENTEK keyboard i won at a dave and busters. Whenever I try to input colon, it inputs Ç for some reason. Quotation marks input ^, why is this happening, please help...
  6. Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC: I want to buy Minecraft on my PC to play online with my friends but I don't know if the Multiplayer function on PC is free or costs extra money. Also, I already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...
  7. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  8. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  9. Hi. There is a new function "Stick calibration"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi. There is a new function "Stick calibration": Hi. There is a new function "Stick calibration". I did the calibration according to the instructions, now my sticks have become very sharp, it has become very uncomfortable to play. How do I roll...
  10. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...