xbox no longer working check cable then black screen

Discus and support xbox no longer working check cable then black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one has been working completely fine for a few years now and all of a sudden its now having problems with displaying the screen. I wake up one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tehepinutcase, Jul 26, 2020.

1. xbox no longer working check cable then black screen

My xbox one has been working completely fine for a few years now and all of a sudden its now having problems with displaying the screen. I wake up one day and turn it on and am given a no signal prompt, i wait a bit and the screen goes black, i tried factory
    resetting and it made it get stuck on the prepping console please help

:)

tehepinutcase, Jul 26, 2020
  2. kylerhoden Win User

Black home page screen

My xbox was black screen until i plugged my ps4 in and my ps4 worked so i put my cables back in my xbox and the black screen was gone
  3. Pattidouglas Win User

BLACK SCREEN ON XFINITY X1

If your Xfinity Flex or X1 is displaying a black screen, then there's some possibility that your Xfinity Flex or TV is having some fault in cable connections. Earlier, there were cases where users encountered black screen issues due to the frayed, damaged or torn wire. So, try to check all your cables that are connected to your Xfinity Flex or X1 and TV.

If you've found any torn, damaged or frayed cable, we suggest you replace that cable with the new one and connect it securely to your devices. After this, turn on your devices and check if this resolves the black screen issue.

Also, ensure that all the cable connections are tightly connected to your devices. Check all the cables separately.

If that didn't resolve the issue, check this detailed guide on How you can fix Xfinity Flex Black Screen.
  4. LittleBard79 Win User

Console will not play netflix or DVDs when connect through hdmi

Borrowed a friends HDMI cable and no difference. Unplugged the cable as suggested by Krazy2768 it did not give any message about the HDCP. Went in to Netflix and started it anyway and after the screen went black I unplugged the HDMI cable and then when I
    plugged it in got a message about secure HDCP connection established and worked fine. But after reboot of xbox black screen again.
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

HELP ME PLEASE!... Attempted to reduce audio lag for "RockSmith" by using AV/HDMI...

Very sorry to hear that, CottonCandyCrue! As a preliminary step can you double check that the HDMI cable is hooked up correctly and not loose? If it is that may be why you're encountering the black screen. If you still see a black screen after checking the
    connections you may have a faulty cable. Let me know if this sounds like it might be the case!
  6. Irish 0utlaw Win User

Xbox one broken

I have triple checked all cables tried three separate hdmi cables as well. Power cable is fine white light when Xbox is on orange when it's off. After about five minutes of pure black screen my kinect appears to power on but nothing on screen. I guess it
    is bricked.
Thema:

xbox no longer working check cable then black screen

1. xbox no longer working check cable then black screen - Similar Threads - longer working check

2. Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.: For a long time I have used an Xbox controller to play GTA V through the Epic Games launcher. I have done this by adding it as a non-steam game. A couple days ago it stopped working and now the...
  3. Saving to external HD no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Saving to external HD no longer works: As of a few weeks ago, saving to an external HD no longer works reliably. I can save one or two game sessions (COD) but then it no longer records. It says “recording started” then stops. I...
  4. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  5. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  6. After rehooking up a audio extractor that was working fine no longer works on the Xbox but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After rehooking up a audio extractor that was working fine no longer works on the Xbox but...: The extractor worked perfect until I rehooked it up the same way it was. I have tried a new extractor,new cables still on signal passing thru the audio extractor. Please help!...
  7. Xbox game bar no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar no longer works: Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use...
  8. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  9. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  10. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0