Xbox New Dashboard = horrible

Discus and support Xbox New Dashboard = horrible in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there is going to be an option to remove the junk tiles/feeds from the new Xbox Series S dashboard? I had all of my games grouped,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CRADLE MOUNTAIN, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Xbox New Dashboard = horrible

Does anyone know if there is going to be an option to remove the junk tiles/feeds from the new Xbox Series S dashboard?

I had all of my games grouped, categorised and sorted but this new update has removed them all and replaced them feeds that bear no relevance to me such as, most games played, watch movies, game pass etc.

It's as if my dashboard is now the flippin Xbox store. This is literally the pinnacle of arrogance, being force fed sales content when none of it applies to me without any option I can see to remove this stuff. Is there any way to remove the new feeds completely form my home dashboard?

:)

CRADLE MOUNTAIN, Aug 4, 2023
  2. CRADLE MOUNTAIN Win User

I hear you. I also had a group for everything. It probably felt like the most organised dashboard I have ever had.

Now I am only allowed 2 groups on the dashboard amongst all these other feeds that are completely irrelevant to me.
  3. CRADLE MOUNTAIN Win User

I understand. But I'm sure they will make improvements aimed at the opinion of the players. The community is very important to Microsoft and they are always making improvements through feedback. Have a great day, Sincerely, Fernando.
    If so, why did they completely ignore the huge amount of Insider feedback that adressed the issue?

Really easy though, if they don’t listen to spoken and written words they surely listen to our wallets.

Game Pass Ulti canceled.

I’ve been playing Steam games a lot more lately in revolt. Steam has a more personalised dashboard without ads. There are tiles for available dlc etc under each game but it’s not intrusive or being shoved down your throat like this new Xbox dashboard. I don’t have Game Pass but I’m definitely on the fence with my Gold subscription.
  4. JohnKupetz Win User

If you thought Windows ME was bad, wait till you see this new showcase of an interface.

Like seriously, what is the point of customizing your experience if they are just going to come in and wipe it all away?

This is why old school gaming will never die, and series X and PS5 are struggling.
  5. CRADLE MOUNTAIN Win User

I hope they're listening to player's feedback. Any online search will see a plethora of people complaining about this new dashboard.

I don't care what the most played games are on Xbox - I couldn't care less what other people are playing.

I don't use my Xbox to watch videos etc. These feeds may be applicable to some people but for others like me it a waste of real estate on my dashboard. I'm going to be honest, I don't believe they're listening to players at all. This change is their agenda of shoving the store down the player's throat and honestly it's quite obnoxious.
  6. CountingDown27 Win User

Yep...less than 5 minutes after seeing this new dashboard and I want to cancel my Game Pass subscription and lose my console altogether. Some advertising is acceptable but not an entire dashboard filled with it. It is abundantly clear that this new dashboard was thought up by a bean counter (money person) and, at no time, was the opinion of someone who games/has a console/isn't solely focused on money garnered.

Seems to me that Microsoft and Xbox are sticking 2 fingers up at their players and showing that even Insiders is a waste of time now given they no longer listen. This update makes me want to leave the Microsoft environment altogether
Thema:

1. Xbox New Dashboard = horrible - Similar Threads - Dashboard horrible

2. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  3. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

in XboX Insiders
    Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...: I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it...
  4. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system: I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox...
  5. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  6. More customization on dashboard and games

in XboX Insiders
    More customization on dashboard and games: Can we have a a picture / live wallpaper behind ar games tab and the menu with chat and all that instead of just color. The live wallpaper bit will be part of the app I said. it be cool if we can...
  7. Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x: Every Game with Scarlett app model on Xbox X on the System Crashes to Dashboard every 40 minutes. There are stutters at times at both 4k and 1080p. Older app models have no issue. It seems to be...
  8. BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...

in XboX Insiders
    BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...: It would be fun to have a galaxy theme or picture theme on the Xbox dashboard. Some people get an Xbox to just message, since they really don't use the phone for messages sometimes. My idea is...
  9. How do I get youtube to work on my Xbox? Keeps blackscreening and crashing to dashboard. No...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get youtube to work on my Xbox? Keeps blackscreening and crashing to dashboard. No...: YouTube is not working on my Series S and there's no update or internet connection problem. It just black screens and crashes to dash. Can't access video settings....
  10. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...