Xbox Networking, blocked server connectivity, cant play online in FH4

Discus and support Xbox Networking, blocked server connectivity, cant play online in FH4 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; issues started when i installed a windows update recently, i think KB4090007, not sure. i suddenly could not connect to horizon life, the forza horizon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nfseskimo, Oct 17, 2018.

1. nfseskimo
    nfseskimo Guest

issues started when i installed a windows update recently, i think KB4090007, not sure. i suddenly could not connect to horizon life, the forza horizon 4 online. i could still download and share tunes and designs, use the auction house, complete forzathon,
    but i cannot connect online

in game the error says "UNABLE TO JOIN SESSION. FAILED TO RESOLVE SERVER ADDRESS. CHECK YOUR DNS SETTINGS"

my dns settings are fine, i set them to cloudfare dns on both ipv4 and ipv6 months ago

i check my xbox network settings, i see "server connectivity: blocked"

i have tried everything in the "click here for more information" link, nothing worked

my firewall is working and default

my computer time is correct

my internet works fine

teredo is enabled, and not blocked by firewall

everything checks out

i do many restarts

i disabled unused network adapters, restart

im not using any security software or a vpn

eventually i uninstall the windows update, problem fixed, not blocked anymore, could play online like i used to

well this morning its blocked again

i didnt even restart or put the computer to sleep

windows didnt update overnight, i checked the update history and nothing reported to be installed recently

i switched WinHttpAutoProxySvc from manual to automatic in services, restarted

i tried the "fix it" button in the xbox networking page in windows settings

i checked everything again in the help page

more restarts

bounced my router

tried other solutions in other forums, wierd stuff like uninstalling drivers for my microphone

ive never asked help on a forum before but ive never run up against such a wall

https://i.gyazo.com/82cd19cb101e672377eb4252c83736a4.png

:)

nfseskimo, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Sean44
    Sean44 Guest
    Server connection blocked for the xbox app on windows 10

Someone at Microsoft needs to escalate this issue and let us know what is going on. We spent $60-$100 on this game and have been left in the dark about whether anything is even being done about the network connectivity issues with FH4 and windows 10. Not
    only is this support community filled with network issues, but the threads over at forzamotorsport dot net continues to grow with people that can't play online.

Sean44, Oct 17, 2018
  3. server conectivity blocked

Hi!

I started playing on pc recently, and i bought killer instinct to play online, but i cant find any players, checking my network on the xbox app i noted that my server conectivity is blocked, i've allready followed all the suport given by microsoft in this
    page;

A conectividade de servidor do app xbox no Windows 10 está bloqueada

but the problem remains, can someone please help me? because i dont know what to do anymore.

Thanks!

Eddhunter1986, Oct 17, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey nfseskimo,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to try and help.

For issues involving
    server connectivity being blocked on the Xbox App
    we suggest looking over this article and trying the steps listed there for a possible solution.

Do you by chance have any other games you play online or just FH4?

XBF Diego M, Oct 18, 2018
  5. nfseskimo
    nfseskimo Guest
    ive been through that article a few times already, as i have already said multiple times in the question i posted. its a problem in other games as well, i couldnt connect to fh3 or fh4 online.

nfseskimo, Oct 20, 2018
  6. Hi nfseskimo,

I'm sorry to hear about any issues you may be having with the Xbox Games on Windows 10.
    Another step totry is removing the Microsoft account by going to
    Settings, selecting
    Accounts, and then selecting
    remove
    next to the account. Then re-add the account from the account picker when you
    sign
    in
    to the Xbox app.

Also, please go to
    Start menu > Windows Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Xbox Live Multiplayer

What does it say for the NAT Type and Server Connectivity?

Please try to perform a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program
    or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. Here is the link on
    how to perform a clean.
    Hopefully this will help so the game does not just hang there.

Also, try this method: Run the
    System
    File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and
    to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

I hope this helps!

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: