Xbox Network deleting captures every 90 Days.

Discus and support Xbox Network deleting captures every 90 Days. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I believe this to be the most significant and destructive change on Xbox to date. No thought or compromise has been given by Xbox on the matter - just... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by apathyyy, Oct 11, 2023.

1. apathyyy
    apathyyy Guest

I believe this to be the most significant and destructive change on Xbox to date. No thought or compromise has been given by Xbox on the matter - just one brutal, Thanos-like, finalised decision to purge all of our captures and continue doing so every 90 days.

It has been beyond amazing having Xbox as its own unique, niche social media platform for gaming - with our own profile social tabs and clubs to showcase our skill, share screenshots, milestones, fun and funny moments, etc. We’ve now built a decade of nostalgic captures tied to our accounts; our accounts mean something and have history. Bar achievements, captures is literally the last and only interesting bastion of what gives our accounts substance.

Think of the logistics of the matter too. After this change, sharing a cool clip older than 90 days is no longer on the accessible, open, Xbox social tab/network/DVR. It now has to be saved to an external hard drive or OneDrive, where you then make an account on a different social media platform, transfer and upload your clip… then you must share your social media account/post with the people you want to show your capture? Or you want us to hand out our numbers to people to share clips? It’s all just awful, long-winded, a hassle and completely deracinated from our Xbox accounts and community.

Maybe I’m the odd one out here too, but I don’t plan on posting a cool sniper trickshot I just hit on my Facebook, Instagram, etc, next to my wedding pictures or grandmother’s passing. Captures are better sharing and keeping on Xbox social tabs, in our Xbox clubs and being able to just share clips straight through Xbox or even via XboxDVR.

A lot of us actually game for cool or funny clips. It gives desire to invest money and time in games so we can immortalise a moment via a screenshot or clip that we can brag, flex or showcase to everyone. It’s nice just having these moments ‘out there’. Especially with the option of fellow gamers being able to like, comment, and even share your stuff with the wider community/clubs.

This is a massive change which is being implemented with no compromise for the community. For example, we can’t at least keep a measly 1GB or so of permanent captures on the Xbox network, for our social tabs and clubs? It ALL seriously has to be temporary and purged every 90 days?

At this point I’d be happy for even a few of my best clips or screenshots to keep on my profile permanently.

As I mentioned in the intro, this change Xbox has put forward has 0 interest and compromise for the community. It’s a brisk 10 steps backwards.

I’m praying Xbox re-think, re-visit or even revert this upcoming change.

:)

apathyyy, Oct 11, 2023
  2. apathyyy Win User

Well I mean firstly it’s impossible to share game clips through Xbox chat if it isn’t already in the Xbox network (which is literally getting purged every 90 days)… and again this doesn’t address the concerns of my initial reply.

The concern isn’t being able to not save 10 years worth and onwards of captures on our smartphone/computer/OneDrive. We know that’s possible.

Maybe I can reword in a way you’d understand: The issue is equivalent to Instagram/Twitter telling us they’re going to purge all posts every 90 days ‘but we can still just download our all posts and media’. It’s a fruitless endeavour - our concern is about the loss of the social platform, community, inconvenience re-sharing, etc.
  3. W0rf Moge Win User

I have a feeling that Microsoft wants to give you the good ol screwing well i have something to say Microsoft stop forcing us to do something else then what we have been doing for a long time i have a part time job and i have autism i don't have the money to buy storage for something my xbox has done for a long time DON'T TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKE BECAUSE NEXT CONSOLE GENERATION I MIGHT THINK ABOUT BUYING A PLAYSTATION...AT LEAST THEY CARE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY TO SOME EXTENT RATHER THEN FORCING SOME PEOPLE TO DO SOMETHING THAT THEY ARE NOT USED TO NORMALY DOING LIKE BUYING STORAGE ON ONEDRIVE SO F••K YOURSELF FOR NOT LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY FIRST BECAUSE WITHOUT THE COMMUNITY XBOX IS NOTHING !!!
  4. DemonSeed64 Win User

I couldn't agree more with those voicing concerns over this really stupid decision they seem to have made without any regard to how the community is going to be affected. But beyond even that, it's the universal sweeping across the board, regardless of whether or not the accounts being hit are free or paid. Because I can't help but feel like the decades of loyalty I've shown the platform and thousands of dollars I've payed in was all for not, if not even that could be given consideration to designate a given amount of storage (ideally more that the suggested 1gbthough) something like 5gb given to paying subscribers doesn't seem too outlandish to me. Even if it were strictly a perk for the ultimate tier subscription, it would at the very least provide an alternative for those who wish to maintain the convenience we've grown so used to, a way to maintain things as they are/were/should be.

IDK, I just know I can't help but feel like we're all being given a big middle finger by some dips-hit corporate execs that just want to save some money, dammn the people they're screwing over to get there.
  5. W0rf Moge Win User

also note that i don't have the time or money to buy hundreds of flash drives for storage of screenshots when my xbox has done the same thing it has always done for years now you want to fix it for your agenda...F••K NO
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

and you can still do all of that, I've done it for years. You can just save them all using the Xbox app as it stands

You can just copy paste something into the chat window from your computer
Thema:

1. Xbox Network deleting captures every 90 Days. - Similar Threads - Network deleting captures

2. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  3. Why can I not delete or upload captures to the network?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not delete or upload captures to the network?: While trying to delete old captures, such as clips and screenshots, I am constantly getting an error message that says cannot delete at this time. Also while uploading anything to the network it...
  4. I am unable to delete or upload new clips to the network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to delete or upload new clips to the network: Ive tried fully restarting my xbox and changing the internet connection and the issue is still there. I saw something about reseting the alternate MAC address. That also did not fix the issue and...
  5. Clips/Captures wont save to xbox network and they wont delete plS help.

in XBoX on Windows
    Clips/Captures wont save to xbox network and they wont delete plS help.: I've been trying since yesterday morning to get my clips to save to the xbox network and they just won't, I've tried everything and it still won't work, I'm good on space and even if I wanted to...
  6. Why is my xbox clips not deleting or uploading to xbox network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox clips not deleting or uploading to xbox network?: MIRCROSOFT CLIPS NOT WORKING! Every time I try and delete a clip, it comes right back, please fix it. I cant upload anything to xbox network, when i upload it, xbox says its finish, but when i...
  7. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...
  8. Xbox captures aren’t deleting off the network, despite restarting and clearing the MAC address

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox captures aren’t deleting off the network, despite restarting and clearing the MAC address: I’ve tried everything that I could think of and read off of the other conversation, such as; deleting them outright, restarting the Xbox (which I did 5 separate times), clearing the MAC address...
  9. Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network: If I try to upload a clip, I get a notification telling me the clip has been uploaded, but it doesn't appear on the XBOX network or on the mobile app. If I go back to the clip on my console, I...
  10. I can’t delete captures off of Xbox network on my series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t delete captures off of Xbox network on my series x: I am trying to delete some captures on my Xbox network but everytime I delete it and go to reset the page they pop right back up. I also can’t upload anything to my xbox network showing that it...