Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows)

Discus and support Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have since about a day the problem that my ping to the Xbox network is very high. This is consistently at about 170ms. A reasonable game is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim297, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Tim297
    Tim297 Guest

Hello,

I have since about a day the problem that my ping to the Xbox network is very high. This is consistently at about 170ms. A reasonable game is not possible. UPDATE: I have set the server selection ingame to EU only. behold the ping is low. Apparently my PC otherwise likes to look for a US connection for whatever reason. So it will be problematic if I can't select the server manually. After one hour play it just switched to the high ping...

The problem is only with the Xbox network connection.

With any other connection, for example Steam, I have a normal ping and the problem does not exist.

Xbox support could not help and recommended reinstalling Windows, which of course did not help. On the fact that the problem is perhaps server-side and not with me he did not go in.

By the way, the problem also doesnt exist on my Xbox Series X. It only exists on my PC.

I attach a connection test and a pingtrace as pictures to the post.

https://imgur.com/a/K2Keru9

Maybe someone here can help me.

Thanks a lot!

:)

Tim297, Jul 20, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

I am sorry you are going through this situation.

When you contacted Xbox support, what solutions did they try to make?

Have you checked if this problem happens by connecting the PC to another network, for example to a mobile hotspot?

Best regards.
  3. Tim297 Win User

Thanks for the advice but sadly it didn't worked.

Is this a common issue?
  4. Janet_C Win User

Type CMD in the search bar;

Right-click on the Command Prompt option;

Click on the Run as administrator option;

From the command prompt screen, execute the commands described below, pressing Enter at the end of each line:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

nbtstat -rr

netsh int ip reset all

netsh winsock reset

After that try again.
  5. Tim297 Win User

Hello,

yes I have. But since I only have a mobile hotspot here, I still have a 250ms ping.

As I said I don't think the problem is with my internet. On the Xbox Series X and other connection work fine.

Support also just advised me to test another connection and reinstall Windows. Both did not work.
  6. Janet_C Win User

Contact your ISP and ask them to open these ports

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
Thema:

1. Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows) - Similar Threads - network connection has

2. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  3. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices: on my xbox series s, every time i connect to my wifi 5Ghz signal it completely shuts off the 5Ghz connection to all my other devices, including my xbox, until i restart my router. none of my other...
  6. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  7. Connection with xbox network services has been interrupted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection with xbox network services has been interrupted: I can only talk in party chat d7188212-5935-4466-9e78-fc86f435a582
  8. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  9. My power went out and now it won’t connect to my network. Has this happened to anyone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My power went out and now it won’t connect to my network. Has this happened to anyone?: My power went out and now it won’t connect to my network. Has this happened to anyone? 3fce99bc-648c-4fb2-9fb8-49e52f83fba4
  10. XBOX ONE S Has to be unplugged to get it to connect to my wireless network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    XBOX ONE S Has to be unplugged to get it to connect to my wireless network: XBOX ONE S Has to be unplugged to get it to connect to my wireless network I have recently started having an issue with my XBOX one S, when I turn it on it doesn't connect to my wireless network,...