Xbox narrator won’t turn off

Discus and support Xbox narrator won’t turn off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one narrator accidnetally turned on yesterday and i have no option to turn it off. Ive attempted restarting the system multiple times and its... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jrmooch, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Jrmooch
    Jrmooch Guest

My xbox one narrator accidnetally turned on yesterday and i have no option to turn it off. Ive attempted restarting the system multiple times and its still there. I have no option to turn off only to turn on and its really frustrating.

:)

Jrmooch, Oct 12, 2020
  2. MrTuberman79 Win User

How can you turn off the narrator in minecraft dungeouns. The button is disabled and he wont be quiet

if the button to turn off narrator is disabled in the game, it could be your Xbox Narrator itself been turned on somehow? Just hold in the Xbox Home button until the turnoff power menu appears, then in the bottom right you will see Narrator... push options
    and turn it off if it is on and that should fix it.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Narrator

Hi Aaron,

To turn off narrator hold the xbox button and go to narrator, it then should ask you Do you want to turn it off, select yes. If its still on after you turn it off, a quick restart should fix this.

You can also adjust the narrator settings in Settings - Ease of access - Narrator then switch off.

More info can be found here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/accessibility/narrator-on-xbox-one

Let us know if you need anything else. :)
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

Text to Speech or Narrator on during gameplay....

Hi MarshallLaFar

Below is a guide on how to turn narrator on/off:

Turn on Narrator on Xbox One

Narrator is a screen reader that reads text, buttons, and other elements aloud.

• If you're using a controller, press and hold the Xbox button until it vibrates, then press the Menu button . (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator to turn it on or off.
    • If you're using a keyboard, press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + Enter. (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
    To use voice commands, say “Hey Cortana, turn on Narrator” or “Xbox, turn on Narrator.”

Note

Voice commands may not be available in all countries or regions.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Announcing Commands

That's the Xbox Narrator. Follow these steps to turn it off:

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

Go down to the fifth tab and select Settings.

Scroll left and select the default option, All Settings.

The bottom option in Settings is Ease of Access. Scroll down to it and then scroll right to find and select Narrator.

The focus will default to the area where you can turn narrator on and off again. Press the A button on your controller to turn the narrator on. To turn it off, press the A button again.
  6. CraigStill93 Win User

Xbox One - Movies app - Can't turn off narrator

Hi CathySreenan

Thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community. I'm Craig, an Independent Advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

Ways to Turn Off the Voice Narration on Xbox One

There are three ways to turn the narrator off on your Xbox One:

Through the power menu: This is the easiest method, but it doesn't provide any extra options.

Through the system settings menu: This method takes a little longer, but it has more options.

With voice commands: This method is also very easy, but it only works if you can use voice commands with your Xbox One.

How to Turn off the Narrator From the Power Menu

The easiest way to turn off the narrator is through the Xbox One power menu. The downside of that simplicity is that this method is also the main way people accidentally turn the feature on without realizing.

Here's how to turn off the Xbox One narrator using the power menu:

Source:
    https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-narrator-on-x...

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/turn-off-narrator...

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Craig S.

Standard Disclaimer

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Xbox narrator won’t turn off - Similar Threads - narrator won’t turn

2. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  3. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  4. It won’t let me log in

in XBoX on Windows
    It won’t let me log in: I tried to log into my Microsoft account on Minecraft and it never lets my log in it always says oops looks like this account is already connected. Please sign in with your previously connected...
  5. My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be n: My Xbox S won’t turn on or making any noise it’s just not turning on the light won’t even be on I tried everything unplugging the power cord from the Xbox and the wall even changing wall outlets...
  6. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  7. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  8. Narrator keeps coming up on Discovery Plus even though it is unchecked in the accessibility...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Narrator keeps coming up on Discovery Plus even though it is unchecked in the accessibility...: I just wanna watch some spooky paranormal investigation without having to hear "paused at [invert time here]" every time I'm pausing or playing the video. 68dc09a8-efb6-4a23-9e83-45e990c08642
  9. Narrator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Narrator: My narrator is yapping but I don't have narrator on it just started recently but I was just starting Minecraft legends ad67373d-5c0a-4587-b04d-37aac98aa694
  10. How to turn screen narration off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn screen narration off: My Xbox one is doing this weird thing where once I launch a game some kind of screen narration turns on. Screen narration does not work on main Xbox screens only when in a game which is mildly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. narrator off but still narrating xbox