Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch

Discus and support Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I have been trying to play Minecraft with my with on her switch and me on my Xbox and we used to be able to but for the last couple months it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Francis1, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch

Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch [​IMG]
    I have been trying to play Minecraft with my with on her switch and me on my Xbox and we used to be able to but for the last couple months it let’s be join the world then while loading in it gets stuck on the locating server screen, we have both deleted and reinstalled the game and cleared the data off the console

:)

Daniel Francis1, Sep 10, 2022
  2. EliteLicense212 Win User

Minecraft for xbox360 not in xbox one

minecraft for 360 is deslited, minecraft fot xbox one has cross play with nintendo switch, android and windows 10 pc
  3. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Minecraft dungeons - Use the same character on Xbox one as PC

Completely understand why you would not want to create a new character, but unfortunately the two different platforms do not transfer across one another. Minecraft needs to set up a "cross save" feature to accomplish this.

How to Cross-play Minecraft on Windows 10, PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/cross-play-minecraft/

Two years old, but helpful:

Minecraft Better Together: No cross save?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft login

Hi Eco,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on log in for Minecraft. You should be able to log into all Minecraft on many different platforms with your Microsoft account. As Cross play requires a Microsoft account.

Cross-platform play available on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and Windows 10. Cross-play requires
    Microsoft account. Xbox Live Gold required for online multiplayer on Xbox One. PlayStation Plus Membership required for online multiplayer on Playstation 4. Nintendo Switch Online membership required for online multiplayer on Nintendo Switch.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Minecraft cross play switch to Xbox

Hello Sweepa, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

When playing Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch and attempting to join a cross-play session with players on Xbox, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that all players, including those on the Nintendo Switch and Xbox, are using the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft. Cross-play is only supported on the Bedrock Edition, so if any players are using the older Legacy Console Edition, cross-play will not be possible.

2. Ensure that all devices are connected to the internet and have stable network connections. Inconsistent or weak connections can cause issues with joining cross-play sessions. Restarting your network equipment (such as the router) may also help resolve any network-related issues.

3. Double-check that all players are signed in with their Microsoft accounts on both the Nintendo Switch and Xbox. This is necessary for cross-play functionality. Make sure that the Microsoft account credentials are correctly entered and that there are no issues with the account.

4. If you are hosting a multiplayer world or joining a specific server, ensure that the server settings allow cross-play between Nintendo Switch and Xbox players. Some servers may have restrictions or only support specific platforms.

5. It's generally recommended to avoid simultaneously using the Xbox app on another device while attempting to join cross-play sessions. The simultaneous usage of the Xbox app may interfere with the connection or cause issues. Try closing the Xbox app on the iPad and focusing on the Nintendo Switch for joining the cross-play session.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Daniel

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly
    When you said "with" do you mean wife?
    If yes, Are you trying to play with your wife locally or she's on another place?
    May I know if you or her tried to create a new world and see if both can play together one more time?
    Or, if possible try using a different account temporarily to join to her world. This helps us to isolate the issue a bit more.

In the meantime, do you know if something changed in your current internet network?
    Or did you or her tried using a different wifi network to see if that does the trick?
Thema:

1. Xbox Minecraft cross play with switch - Similar Threads - Minecraft cross play

2. How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One: cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to allow from communation snd everything cross...
  3. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  4. Minecraft cross play switch to Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross play switch to Xbox: We are trying to play cross play from switch to Xbox on Minecraft. We have the switch with bedrock the cartridge version, we have a Microsoft account, we can connect to friend on pc, but when we...
  5. Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Playing Minecraft on PC, I don't have an option to invite cross platform players: I play on PC and have the bedrock edition, but it does not allow me to add cross-platform players. I was looking on YouTube and my version does not even look like the one they are playing. I tried...
  6. Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...: Does has a CROSSES THINGS found on Minecraft? Or Why does Minecraft has crosses? To solve this problem, I wanna know if this myth is real or not, becuase I've been seen a scary things found on...
  7. I Got Banned On Xbox And I Can’t Play Cross Play On My PS5 In Minecraft Cause It’s Telling...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Got Banned On Xbox And I Can’t Play Cross Play On My PS5 In Minecraft Cause It’s Telling...: [img] [img] Any Help Is Appreciated d61ba538-5e3e-47d9-91b3-61130ef3893f
  8. Minecraft cross-play with the same Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross-play with the same Microsoft Account: I’ve been looking for a solution hog this but don’t seem to be able to find a specific answer to this question. My son has Minecraft for his Nintendo Switch. I have Minecraft for the Xbox...
  9. I’m trying to log in to cross platform play for Minecraft dungeons on my ps5.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to log in to cross platform play for Minecraft dungeons on my ps5.: It’s giving me an error message that says account can not be linked, make sure you’re connected to the internet. Not sure what’s going on my internet is fine it just won’t connect...
  10. Why can I only cross play Minecraft on LAN and not from a distance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I only cross play Minecraft on LAN and not from a distance?: I have heard from multiple people now that this is an issue regarding one of our Microsoft account settings, which isn’t true because we have all made sure our settings are correct. I play on the...