XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

Discus and support XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tmoney404, Mar 25, 2024.

1. /u/Tmoney404
    /u/Tmoney404 Guest

I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use my Steelseries headset and mic normally, without the usb mic and streaming, the mic will no longer work in game chat (party chat is fine) unless I stream to my pc, open the game bar, select the steelseries mic from the dropdown menu, then close game bar and stop streaming to my xbox app on pc. every time. same thing, no idea why. I've reset the headset, power cycled the console, tried to select the headset from game bar but that only works once I've started streaming to the app. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Tmoney404
    [link] [comments]

/u/Tmoney404, Mar 25, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If I were to live stream on twitch, how can I connect a microphone, so people that are watching can hear me?

If you're streaming from an Xbox console, then your headset mic should work. If you are streaming from PC, any USB Mic should work.
  3. Christian Castro1 Win User

audio issues while streaming

So i do have a USB mic connected to my PC to use as my main mic for my stream but I have Astro A50 connected to my xbox for game sound and game chat
  4. darkist1 Win User

Setting up HD60s with gen 3 A50s

Hi CaptainCDN,

The best way I've found to share my party chat from my xbox to a stream or game recording, is having a secondary account logged in on my Xbox Companion App on my PC, and joining the party chat with that. just remember to mute its mic.
  5. John WeidemanBeal Win User

Gamechat not working on stream.

Thank you for your assistance.

We solved half of my problems. My audio is now streaming to twitch. However, game chat is not. Last week on I was able to stream my mics audio AND my IN GAME chat audio to twitch directly from my Xbox series S, meaning my PC and Playstation party mates audio was making it into my stream.

That is not happening now. Slightly less frustrating but still quite.
  6. Freddy_twotimes Win User

Audio headphones/Turtle beach streaming mic

Hi there,

When the audio headphones are plugged into the AV receiver, there is game sound, but I cant hear anyone in my party chat. I only see their gamertag show up in the chat overlay. They hear me thru the stream mic just fine. In Halo 5, setting audio to Speaker,
    or to Headphones doesnt change anything.

If I plug the headphones into the Turtle Beach stream mic, its onboard amplifier does a decent job driving the audio headphones, since the stream mic is powered via USB, but the amplifier is low quality by comparison to my AV receiver. I only got the stream
    mic so I could use my AV receiver to listen to my audio headphones in online gaming. I never expected or planned on using it to power the headphones.

Can I even can plug the Sennheiser game headphones into the AV receiver and the Mic into the controller now? If this stream mic is already connected to the XBOX via USB, and chat is only available when the headphones are connected into the stream mic and
    both run to the XBOX wired via USB, is it correct to assume that PC gaming headphones with a built in mic also cannot be split (the mic connected to the controller and chat sound coming through the AV receiver)? Im starting to think both the headphones and
    the mic must be connected to the controller together, communicating to the XBOX wirelessly, or ill just get game sound through the headphones and no chat like I am niw with this set up?
Thema:

1. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console - Similar Threads - MIC wont game

2. My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk: My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk im on the controller Xbox accessory I’m looking trying to open up the volume. It keeps skipping past the volume to...
  3. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  4. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  5. Why wont my mic work on xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my mic work on xbox one?: Audio comes out of my headset but my mic isn't muted or anything wrong in my settings but when I talk nothing happens as if it was muted on my xbox one. 995e6bb5-daf3-474b-b10c-0b2c6d31837b
  6. How come my mic wont work in cod

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come my mic wont work in cod: i already made sure my mic is on in settings both the game & xbox. All my setting are to the correct spot. My audio is on and my controller is updated. I bought a new xbox & headset to see if that...
  7. My xbox app wont receive any mic input but steam will

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox app wont receive any mic input but steam will: I have two mics one built in and one separate usb mic I have tried both of them but they wont input any volume but they work on steam chat just fine. 54fade16-f55b-41ee-b988-1d664feb9342
  8. Mic problem wont talk in game!!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Mic problem wont talk in game!!!!!!!!: My headset wont talk in game but it works for party chats how do i get it to work in game? submitted by /u/Deadpool9917 [link] [comments]
  9. Mic wont work in game chat but works fine in party chat!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic wont work in game chat but works fine in party chat!!!!!: okay so guys and gals ive been dealing with this problem for about 2 weeks now. at first I thought it was my headset so I went and got a brandnew headaet but problem still occurs I have done and...
  10. Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does: So ever since i got a xbox one a few months ago, in party chat and game chat my mic always echos, but everyone else in the party does not have their mic echo. I am not sure if this is an issue...