Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

Discus and support Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tarquin11000, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use my Steelseries headset and mic normally, without the usb mic and streaming, the mic will no longer work in game chat (party chat is fine) unless I stream to my pc, open the game bar, select the steelseries mic from the dropdown menu, then close game bar and stop streaming to my xbox app on pc. every time. same thing, no idea why. I've reset the headset, power cycled the console, tried to select the headset from game bar but that only works once I've started streaming to the app. Any ideas?

0 Comments

submitted by /u/tarquin11000
    [link] [comments]

/u/tarquin11000, Mar 25, 2024
  2. JW52 Win User

Xbox app windows 10 - no invite notifications showing up

I have the same problem. all of my notifications show up on my xbox, but none on my pc. I use the xbox app for party chat while i stream so i can use my stream mic. it is annoying to get an invite then have to find that person in the xbox app and join
    or send a party invite to them so i can connect on my pc. Also I use voicemeeter banana to set all my volumes and when it open the windows 10 party chat says that my mics sample rate is not supported, but when i close down voicemeeter it has no issue. all
    my audio sample rates are 44.1 hz.
  3. darkist1 Win User

Setting up HD60s with gen 3 A50s

Hi CaptainCDN,

The best way I've found to share my party chat from my xbox to a stream or game recording, is having a secondary account logged in on my Xbox Companion App on my PC, and joining the party chat with that. just remember to mute its mic.
  4. LazySpaceGhost Win User

Xbox console companion game stream mic not working

At the moment, I am using a usb headset through pc. Party chats on the app work, and parties on xbox I see, through the stream, register my mic. But it doesn't transmit my voice. Which is why I'm extra confused.
  5. Tha Krazy One Win User

USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One

There are USB microphones that will work with the XBOX. One that works and is made for XBOX is the Turtle Beach Stream Mic. I personally have one and works great. Before purchasing it, I tried a BLUE Yet microphone which is USB and did not work. I
    am not aware if there are others that work but the Stream Mic works. It also has a PC app for some fine tuning and a headphone jack for Mic monitoring and game audio
  6. ZMMoe Win User

xbox app isssues streaming

I don't see any error. I can stream and it was working for like a minute only then Xbox App screen just went black. I cannot see anything anymore but I can still hear game sounds. Then I have to close Xbox App. After I restarted Xbox App to stream again, the problem repeats.
Thema:

Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

1. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it - Similar Threads - mic working game

2. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  3. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  4. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  5. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  6. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  7. Mic only working when I have game bar open

in XboX Insiders
    Mic only working when I have game bar open: When i’m in a party using xbox game bar the people in the party can only hear me when I have game bar open. When it’s close it they can’t hear me but I can hear them just fine. Any fix????...
  8. Xbox game bar issue (mic only works when actively looking in game bar)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar issue (mic only works when actively looking in game bar): Every time I click off game bar to play a game my mic doesn't take any input, however it work as excepted while looking at xbox game bar. I have tried alot of different things such as updating...
  9. Mic doesn't work if not in game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Mic doesn't work if not in game bar: For whatever reason after the latest update, my mic does not work while in an xbox party while I'm on pc unless the game bar is actively open. As soon as I go into a game/other tab, I can still...
  10. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...