Xbox Messaging - Why is it so terrible? Or is it me?

Discus and support Xbox Messaging - Why is it so terrible? Or is it me? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I run a large gaming clan of about 1000 members. I need to be able to rely on messaging in xbox to communicate with my members. I would say one in 6... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bburzycki, Sep 28, 2018.

1. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest

I run a large gaming clan of about 1000 members. I need to be able to rely on messaging in xbox to communicate with my members. I would say one in 6 times I try to search for a member it fails.

If and when it does work it might work for about 5 messages in a row and then fail.

I have tried this on multiple devices, with the android app, the PC app, the website (which is even worse) all fail the same way.

Does xbox messaging just hate me or is this what everyone is dealing with?

If this is broken is there any workarounds or tips and tricks to get it to be more reliable?

It is utterly frustrating.

:)

bburzycki, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Call of Duty 4 Remaster Stand alone not coming to Xbox any time soon

I hate Activision so much. Why do they fuck us over this much? Xbox fans love COD just as much, if not more.

it sends a weird message to prioritize a foreign company over an american company.

xxDisturbedSavio, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Call of Duty 4 Remaster Stand alone not coming to Xbox any time soon

It send a weird message? How? It's an international business, there's no need for any bias for American companies.

SilverEye1991, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Ackis
    Ackis Guest

Is this just recent?

Xbox Live has been having "issues" over the past week. If it's been happening longer, then it might be something else - have you tried the beta app on the PC?

Ackis, Oct 1, 2018
  5. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest
    Def not recent - It has plagued me for months and months. Across all platforms sadly.

I cannot send more than a message or two without it failing.

bburzycki, Oct 1, 2018
  6. Hey there bburzycki,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with Xbox messages.

I would suggest to
    port forward
    for a better connection.

• A network port lets your Xbox One console communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox One consoles over the Internet.
    • To let your Xbox One console communicate with Xbox Live, you might have to open or forward ports, which means you'll be making a configuration change to your firewall or network hardware, such as a router.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

XBF Crystal P, Oct 1, 2018
  7. Have you thought about creating a club and using the club group chat??

The Viral Cyrix, Oct 1, 2018
  8. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest

Test Results:

Internet Connection: Connected

XBox Live Services: Up and Running

Xbox Multiplayer:

NAT TYPE: Moderate

Server Connectivity: Connected

Performance:

Latency: 16ms

Packet Loss: 0%

While it says moderate I play online quite a bit with no issues with voice or games

bburzycki, Oct 1, 2018
  9. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest
    We have a club - and Discord etc

I think I have an actually messaging issue. It feels like my account is either broken or possibly there is some kind of spam blocking. But my most favorite error I get on the apps is that my contact list cannot be loaded and to try again later. Sadly this
    is pretty much all the time and I do not abuse messaging.

bburzycki, Oct 1, 2018
  10. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest
    Still not working well - send one message and then nothing works after that.

bburzycki, Oct 23, 2018
  11. OG BigNature
    OG BigNature Guest
    Why dose Xbox not fix this type of problem with me its been 46 with this same problem and it has not even been fixed yet dose anyone else have this problem with the support system?xbox PC support team do better!

OG BigNature, Oct 23, 2018
  12. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    It seems Xbox uses Skype for messaging in the background.

Can you try to sign into your Microsoft Account using a Skype App, and are you able to message other people via Skype?

I know that in order to use Skype, you had to confirm your account in some way, to prevent Spamming.

Can you try going to Sign in to your Microsoft account and check if your account needs to be "confirmed"?

Also regarding the messaging via website: I also had trouble accessing my messages on Edge and Firefox browsers, with an error message that my messages couldn't be loaded. But when I tried it on Chrome it worked. Maybe this will help as well.

Arminator, Oct 23, 2018
  13. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest

I have done both and it does not seem to resolve anything. I can message people but Skype messaging is a known issue honestly. As in it works when it wants too also.

That said if that connection is true and skype and xbox messaging are linked that explains why they are both pretty terrible. This all used to work fine for me, I would send hundreds of messages a week with no issues. Now it can never find my friend list
    and rarely works for more then a message or two in a row.

Seems like a messaging system where you cannot really send messages does not a messaging system make. The worst part is its the only one we have and there are no other options and they all seem to be broken in some way.

bburzycki, Oct 24, 2018
  14. DC COWBOY
    DC COWBOY Guest
    The messaging system through a web browser, mobile app, and on console is one of the worst end user experiences I have had with any platform or application. Not only is the experience inconsistent across the three, they are sometimes inconsistent with
    themselves, offering different errors or acting differently with each iteration of a workflow. I'd love to help someone on the development side work through this as an end user, because it needs some TLC.

DC COWBOY, Oct 24, 2018
  15. bburzycki
    bburzycki Guest
    I agree that is is totally terrible. It needs a resolution.

I would also happily volunteer as a tester for anything new that might help this as its core to what I do with XB1 daily

bburzycki, Nov 1, 2018
Thema: