XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11

Discus and support XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11 I have done everything I've read on here to keep messages from popping... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sande Olson, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Sande Olson
    Sande Olson Guest

I have done everything I've read on here to keep messages from popping up. Now there is no message, just a coupled letters... and only occasionally. My concern is security in gaming. I have the XBox account only for grandsons, but it is my laptop that gives me concern due to my work environment. And today, anyone using social media needs to have heightened awareness.

Any one have any ideas. Thanks.

:)

Sande Olson, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Sande,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're still experiencing issues with Xbox messaging popping up on your Windows 11 device. We apologized the inconvenience this has caused you and let us help you sort this out in a timely manner.

If we may ask, can you share to us the Xbox messaging that you are referring with? You may take a screenshot and make sure to conceal sensitive information. Additionally, please share to us what specific steps you have taken so far to help resolve the issue.

For the meantime, to ensure that the Xbox messaging feature is completely removed from your device, you can try the following steps:

Reset Xbox app. Follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Locate the Xbox app and click on it.

4. Click on Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on the Reset button.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Sande Olson,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. rauxil Win User

Sunset Overdrive warning

This is on windows 11 and only appears for Sunset Overdrive. I did turn off my av for this and didnt work. I also tried your method but the message still popped up
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hey i need help Ddot is chatting me

These are bots that occasionally pop up on Xbox Live. Please just report, block and delete them. I have removed the offending screenshot.
  6. David 42 Win User

Console Companion messages from friends keep repeating over and over again in Notifications

Okay, a bit over two weeks after resetting the Console Companion app, the problem with messages repeating in the Notifications pop-up window is still occurring. I'll get the same pop-up message four or five times in a row. I've found that the problem is
    worse if I delete the messages from my Notifications queue as soon as I get them, as I do with most other notifications, so I leave the messages for a while.

Logging out and back on hasn't solved it. Resetting the app hasn't solved it. And turning off notifications, as I've said, isn't an option.
Thema:

1. XBox messaging still pops up occasionally after deleting feature on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - messaging still pops

2. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  5. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  6. Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...: I had blocked someone from months ago and I never unblocked them and they still managed to find a way to message and invite me and continue to harass me and I can’t understand why I’m trying to...
  7. Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...: Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message 0323c51a-d86d-4183-b2ce-ac3a9d4ce3ef
  8. How do u fix a message that say it was hours ago but it still getting messages when u click...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do u fix a message that say it was hours ago but it still getting messages when u click...: I need help fixing this problem 65ecf5bc-a179-4c8b-a7c8-424858903acd
  9. I got commbanned 7 days ago. Supposed to be released today and I still can’t send messages?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got commbanned 7 days ago. Supposed to be released today and I still can’t send messages?...: Is there a certain time bans end? b33e7a9d-7d46-426d-8c27-d87406473a8f
  10. My suspension is over but why can I not send messages still

in XBoX Accessibility
    My suspension is over but why can I not send messages still: My suspension ended today but I still can't send messages to my friends. f7d37940-06db-4eeb-be74-916593e6d504