XBOX Media Player USB File Not Found

Discus and support XBOX Media Player USB File Not Found in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night I loaded some media onto a USB, plugged it into my Xbox One, and watched a movie. Today, I loaded another movie onto my USB and plugged it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anderdude, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Anderdude
    Anderdude Guest

Last night I loaded some media onto a USB, plugged it into my Xbox One, and watched a movie. Today, I loaded another movie onto my USB and plugged it into my Xbox One but although my USB is still selectable in the Media Player I am being greeted with the
    No Files Found message.

Both files are .mp4

Drive is formatted exFAT

Was working yesterday with no problems

Have reformatted the drive and power cycled my xbox multiple times.

What is going on?

:)

Anderdude, Aug 3, 2016
  2. MaccaD1981
    MaccaD1981 Guest
    External Hard Drive no longer detected (Summer Update)

My Usb stick worked fine yesterday, watched an MKV file. Now today it does not work - says no files found, yet I have changed nothing. Very annoying. I just bought an Xbox one 3 days ago, primarily to use as a media player! Now I can't play any media files,
    yet the Xbone is 3 years old and this is still a problem?

MaccaD1981, Aug 3, 2016
  3. No Files Found With Media Player

Go into Windows Media Player on laptop

Click on "stream"

Select xbox1

Then "customise" and select all options

niall campbell, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Ezra Kahn
    Ezra Kahn Guest

I encountered the same problem after installing the August update. Xbox One previously could see my USB files (photo's MP4) and now all of a sudden it states "No Files Found".

Ezra Kahn, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Ezra Kahn Win User

I encountered the same problem after installing the August update. Xbox One previously could see my USB files (photo's MP4) and now all of a sudden it states "No Files Found".
  6. DejaVaughn RG Win User

Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

I'm also having an issue with media player not seeing my files. The usb format is exfat cause I have a Mac but when the usb is opened on the Media Player it doesn't recognize any of my mp3 files.
  7. MaccaD1981 Win User

External Hard Drive no longer detected (Summer Update)

My Usb stick worked fine yesterday, watched an MKV file. Now today it does not work - says no files found, yet I have changed nothing. Very annoying. I just bought an Xbox one 3 days ago, primarily to use as a media player! Now I can't play any media files,
    yet the Xbone is 3 years old and this is still a problem?
  8. sc0ttw-30C54378-94AB Win User

XBOX ONE Media Player no longer finds music on network

Corrected when trying to stream music on my XBOX One from my PC using media player app, I do this because playlists are also playable, the music files are no longer found. Video files and picture files are still able to be streamed. I am wondering since
    the add of music to onedrive and xbox music did they remove the ability to stream music with media player. on another note the media player on the One is awful compared the players on the 360.
  9. IceStorm III Win User

DVD Playback issues

I take it you checked to see if the DVD would play under the same media player section used to play USB media files?
Thema:

1. XBOX Media Player USB File Not Found - Similar Threads - Media Player USB

2. Media player app - external hard drive not recognised but finds USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media player app - external hard drive not recognised but finds USB?: I'm looking to set up my Xbox One as a media hub utilising my external hard drive, it's formatted to exFat so i can transfer files from both OSX & Windows which i know the console cat read but the...
  3. system media player wont detect usb disks/hdd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    system media player wont detect usb disks/hdd: after update my xbox one wont detect any usb flash drives ir external hdd.i use them for only movies.it wont detect my flash drive 16g usb2.0,wont detect my usb 3.0 1t hdd or my 1t usb 2.0 hdd.....
  4. why is the media player no longer reading my usb device????????????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the media player no longer reading my usb device????????????: Idk if your update to the oneguide *** everything up for my usb devices..now i cant read or watch whats on my hard drive...you microsoft people better fix this ***..im not happy with your...
  5. Media Player app no longer finding files on USB device after latest Xbox update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player app no longer finding files on USB device after latest Xbox update: Every time I put the USB device in now, it says, "No files found". Files that worked just fine recently, before the latest Xbox update. I also tested the device elsewhere and the files were still...
  6. Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media player app not seeing files on USB flash: i formatted a USB flash drive but the xbox one is not seeing the files on it. tried both fat32 and ntfs. when it does work, usually after a full format of the drive, the console is unable to read...
  7. Media Player can not play multimedia files from big USB had drives (8TB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player can not play multimedia files from big USB had drives (8TB): Media Player can not play multimedia files from big USB had drives (8TB) if they are located outside of the first 2TB. Is there any chance to fix this bug? 17fb8cc8-146f-47ee-aa4d-60e2122d6544
  8. Media Player/USB movies do not play in 5.1 surround through A/V system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player/USB movies do not play in 5.1 surround through A/V system: Unfortunately, I had to replace my old Sony A/V system due to loose HDMI connections. I purchased an Onkyo 5.2 receiver as its replacement. I have a 5.1 speaker setup. I have a cable box,...
  9. External USB drive & Media Player - “NO ACCESS TO THIS LOCATION”

in XBoX on Consoles
    External USB drive & Media Player - “NO ACCESS TO THIS LOCATION”: I have a 4TB external USB drive that I've been using for media (video and music). Previously, there have been no issues - launch console, select Media Player, select video or music folder and...
  10. Media Player doesn't recognize any USB storage devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player doesn't recognize any USB storage devices.: I just bought a Seagate USB 3.0 External hard drive. When I go to storage through settings is shows the device there but when I choose to view contents the Media Player says no USB device is...