Xbox making weird noise

Discus and support Xbox making weird noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just recently noticed that when i play vampire survivors on my series x it starts to make this little high pitched noise almost like squealing. It only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZE8ERDEE, May 14, 2024.

1. ZE8ERDEE
    ZE8ERDEE Guest

Xbox making weird noise

Just recently noticed that when i play vampire survivors on my series x it starts to make this little high pitched noise almost like squealing. It only happens with this game in particular and im not sure whether it’s maybe just some bad optimisation potentially. The noise has yet to happen with any other game and only starts or stops when flicking through this specific games menus. The noise is also not coming from the fans but somewhere else in the console. Anyone have potentially any clue what it could be? It only happens with this game but the noise itself doesnt sound too healthy

:)

ZE8ERDEE, May 14, 2024
  2. TigersMeow Win User

My disk tray is making noises when loading a disk and when it is fully playing

My xbox is making weird noises and im scared that it will break
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox making weird noise

I see. In this case, I wouldn't say it's any cause for concern. It's normal for high power devices to make some noise during operation. It's likely just coil whine or electrical noise, as suggested above.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox making weird noise

Hi ZE8ERDEE. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. This noise could be coil whine, which is normal for high-power devices such as consoles. However, if it's only happening with Vampire Survivors, it could be the game itself causing the sound.

To confirm, it sounds like it's coming from the console and not your TV speakers or headphones?
  5. Spyder82-7B5E8C57-1D Win User

xbox making weird noises

In the system audio settings there is a setting for rating collection data. Try turning this setting to off (if it isn't already set to off). Hopefully this helps. If not, please let us know.
  6. Didi_450 Win User

Xbox making weird noise

Hi Dérek thanks for replying,and no I have not identified any malfunctions.
Thema:

Xbox making weird noise

1. Xbox making weird noise - Similar Threads - making weird noise

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...: Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " # " system xbox report program is not counting this as harassment please help they are posting daily about...
  4. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  5. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  6. When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.: Yes t It does 2605c678-999d-4df9-85ef-a5fe47024fc7
  7. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  8. well hello, my CD drive is making a weird sound like a shaver so my question is can i use...

in XBoX on Windows
    well hello, my CD drive is making a weird sound like a shaver so my question is can i use...: well hello, my CD drive is making a weird sound like a shaver so my question is can i use my xbox without using discs?+ can this weird sound damage the other devices part...
  9. My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore: I was playing black ops 2 then my xbox stated making a noise that sounded like a printer printing out a piece of paper then my game crashed I got annoyed at the noise so I turned it off and back...
  10. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.: I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used...