Xbox makes noise like it's turning on over & over randomly and shuts off automatically ...

Discus and support Xbox makes noise like it's turning on over & over randomly and shuts off automatically ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my XB1 has been acting funny lately and I can't seem to find a post or anything related to it anywhere. When the XB1 is off it will randomly makes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PopStiCkle PeTe, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Xbox makes noise like it's turning on over & over randomly and shuts off automatically ...

So my XB1 has been acting funny lately and I can't seem to find a post or anything related to it anywhere. When the XB1 is off it will randomly makes that noise it makes when you power it up (that beeping jingle), except it doesn't power up. It does this
    quite repeatedly and sometimes in the middle of the night and wakes me up. Also, while I am playing or watching something, it will just shut off suddenly. This is especially annoying while I am playing something. I have read to unplug the XB1's power supply
    and let it reset for 10 seconds, but this does nothing. I am getting an orange or white light with no flashing on the power supply.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

:)

PopStiCkle PeTe, Jul 14, 2015
  2. ControxHD
    ControxHD Guest
    Xbox One Noise

The xbox makes the same noise, when on and off. It's almost like the Xbox never shuts down. I don't mind it making noise when it's on, but when it's off and I'm trying to sleep it's pretty annoying.

ControxHD, Jul 14, 2015
  3. My XboX power button noise.

My xbox 360 likes to make the power button noise randomly if its on or off it will randomly make the power button noise why is this?

SumSeriusCheese, Jul 14, 2015
  4. xblindmanxx
    xblindmanxx Guest

Xbox makes noise like it's turning on over & over randomly and shuts off automatically ...

Have you tried plugging it into another power supply maybe a friends or a different outlet on the wall ?

xblindmanxx, Jul 14, 2015
  5. xblindmanxx Win User

Xbox makes noise like it's turning on over & over randomly and shuts off automatically often

Have you tried plugging it into another power supply maybe a friends or a different outlet on the wall ?
  6. ControxHD Win User

Xbox One Noise

The xbox makes the same noise, when on and off. It's almost like the Xbox never shuts down. I don't mind it making noise when it's on, but when it's off and I'm trying to sleep it's pretty annoying.
  7. D4rkn3ss Gh0st Win User

my xbox one turn off

it happens randomly an the noise is the one when you turn off the xbox it happens several times in a row
  8. CarJunki37 Win User

Help - Xbox one keeps restarting itself

Oh and ours also randomly turns itself on as well. Turned off with the controller and was just sitting on the couch and the Xbox just turns on, no noises going on and the remote is still off. Creepy.
  9. Trevathewise Win User

My Xbox shut off!

When your Xbox shuts off what are you doing? Is your Xbox in an entertainment center? It's possible your Xbox is over heating. If it is sitting near something that is warm, not enough room to ventilate, in an enclosed space. It may be getting too warm. Another
    thing is the outlet that it is plugged into may be faulty. I have a power strip where if I plug my Xbox in, it randomly shuts off.

Second, check your power box, Make sure it isn't over heating as well. Make sure it has plenty of room to breath and ventilate. Also check your cords, make sure there isn't any damage to it.
Thema:

1. Xbox makes noise like it's turning on over & over randomly and shuts off automatically ... - Similar Threads - makes noise turning

2. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  3. Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise: Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with my Xbox One S after a period of around 6 months not using the Xbox as I was redecorating my room. I recently tried re-setting up my Xbox by connecting my...
  4. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  5. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  6. Xbox lighting up and making eject noise but wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox lighting up and making eject noise but wont turn on: My xbox will light up make the start up noise and eject noise but still wont power up to my tv hdmi cables work perfect this is an xbox issue 18eb618a-87a3-4725-93ad-15959055d104
  7. Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise: My controller suddenly stopped working and won’t turn on. I tried: - using new batteries - plugging it directly to the console. - holding the power button for very long time (over 30 seconds...
  8. Xbox One Makes Robot pattern noise then turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Makes Robot pattern noise then turns off: I believe I made a same post as this before but I can't find it. Anyways the problem I'm having is that when I turn on my Xbox, it makes a weird robot noise. I would suppose it might be a problem...
  9. Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.: Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement and it is also red light. I’ve switched rooms...
  10. My Xbox One cuts off immediately when you turn it on and makes a little grinding noise in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One cuts off immediately when you turn it on and makes a little grinding noise in...: My Xbox One console cuts off immediately when I turn it on and in the process it makes a little grinding noise. The console had been hooked up to my T.V. and cable and I noticed that it had cut...