Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question.

Discus and support Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m asking these questions for a reason. Buying an Xbox headset isn’t a solution, I have a really good one. I have two Xbox (Series X) audio... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tophejunk, Jun 23, 2023.

1. /u/tophejunk
    /u/tophejunk Guest

I’m asking these questions for a reason. Buying an Xbox headset isn’t a solution, I have a really good one.

I have two Xbox (Series X) audio questions/scenarios I’m trying to create. One wireless, the other wired. For the tethered scenario. I’m assuming the Xbox Series X audio port on the bottom of the controller is a 3.5mm TRRS audio connector. Which typically means:

• Tip (T): Typically carries the left audio channel (L) for stereo output.
    • Ring 1 (R1): Usually carries the right audio channel (R) for stereo output.
    • Ring 2 (R2): Functions as the microphone input (MIC) for capturing audio input.
    • Sleeve (S): Serves as the common ground (GND) connection.

Is this correct, will this configuration allows a single TRRS connector to handle both audio output and microphone input? How is the audio quality compared to a nice Bluetooth Headset?

My second audio scenario may require a bit of MacOS knowledge. Is there a way to be able to use a MacBook’s audio output sent to my Xbox as a mic and have the audio from Xbox be sent to my Macbook? I can a create MacOS virtual audio Interface and have no issues routing audio around on MacOS, the hurdle is broadcast it from my MacBook to my Xbox. I’m not sure if there is a way to spoof a Bluetooth headset if Xbox won’t directly allow Bluetooth audio back and forth allowing Xbox game play audio sent to my MacBook as the Xbox receives Mic audio in return.

submitted by /u/tophejunk
    [link] [comments]

/u/tophejunk, Jun 23, 2023
  2. james ~ Win User

Great news everyone I got an X1!!

" I just updated skype on my macbook,"

macbooks are less than xbox ones? interesting.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Is Macbook good for playing games?

Hello, BichelNB. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

MacBooks aren’t made for gaming, they are made for work. They are built to give users stability, not really gaming power. The MacBook is efficient, but that is not what you want for gaming.

For gaming, a Windows computer with good hardware is way better (and even cheaper) than MacBooks.

Feel free to ask back any question you might have.
  4. stephaniebramble Win User

Xbox Game pass (Xcloud) laggy and pixalated on high speed networks on Android.

Tried playing Halo Infinite on my macbook pro and it's so laggy that's it's basically unplayable, it literally takes 2 seconds for any input to register and the audio is cutting out too making me nauseous. Since it says Beta I guess it's forgivable but like this is just disappointing.
  5. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Clipping videos!

Not the clips made on the console only capture what is projected on the console (game audio), but it would be a good tool, I would use if it existed.
  6. pawncrackers Win User

What is xCloud? I don't know what it does.

Hi there,

It may be worth doing a internet search, which will more than likely answer your question.

Here's a link to the
    Xbox page on Project xCloud

Best,

L
Thema:

1. Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question. - Similar Threads - Macbook Audio Project

2. Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?: I want to connect my xbox series s (i am getting soon) to my macbook air M1 2020, but when i did research it said that i couldn’t connect an xbox series s to my macbook but also gave me an option...
  3. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  4. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  5. Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro: Hello all I’m In the market for a gaming monitor that’s 4k, at least 120hz(144hz is what I see as closest) and maybe supports HDR10 accurately? I’ve gone thru a bunch of reviews and I've narrowed...
  6. My minecraft account was hacked (I play on PC, Macbook) and lost. Can I retrieve it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account was hacked (I play on PC, Macbook) and lost. Can I retrieve it back?: Dear Sir/Madam, My minecraft account was hacked last weekend. I play it on my Macbook. When I tried to login, it said that the microsoft account was no longer there, thus I remade it with the...
  7. Can I connect my Xbox series s to my MacBook Air m1 for me to play through the MacBook’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox series s to my MacBook Air m1 for me to play through the MacBook’s...: Can I connect my Xbox series s to my MacBook Air m1 for me to play through the MacBook’s display? I don’t have another display at the moment. 157d0009-d640-4fd5-a28f-1fff2675ffae
  8. I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...: Any ideas on how to connect the controller i had normal controllers that connected in the past but this one will not connect when I try to connect it it says connection rejected I tried multiple...
  9. Does anyone know how to make a controller get detected on a MacBook for cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to make a controller get detected on a MacBook for cloud gaming?: my controller is connected to my MacBook with Bluetooth but when I try playing through cloud gaming my controller does not get detected 10062009-7b09-4c01-8634-7b72bfa48dbf
  10. is there a way to transfer a game save file from a macbook to a xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there a way to transfer a game save file from a macbook to a xbox: i have a game save file from borderlands 2 and i was wondering if i could transfer the game save file from my mac to the xbox fbcfa58d-1b09-4e9a-af8d-d3dd7760079d