Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue! Please Help :)

Discus and support Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue! Please Help :) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yes i am having an xbox live Tenure issue my account is not showing the right number of years. I joined xbox live in April of 2006 and my account is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by H3NRI3, Nov 20, 2014.

1. H3NRI3
    H3NRI3 Guest

Yes i am having an xbox live Tenure issue my account is not showing the right number of years. I joined xbox live in April of 2006 and my account is showing 6 years when it should be showing more then that. I have contacted xbox live more then once about
    this and have been tossed around and around about this and finally ended up here. My first case number is
    [Mod Removed] and my second case number is [Mod Removed]. They say they couldnt find records that i didnt have xbox live before 2009 which is a bunch of crap i was playing halo 2 on April 12 2006 here is the link, Bungie.net : Stats Sign Up
    , also the last guy i talked to said that i had a subscription to only halo 2 i almost died laughing because that is not true you had to have xbox live, you couldnt just have a subscription to Halo 2... The 2009-2011 that you see was when i charged xbox live
    to my credit card, the rest of the time on my account i have used pre paid cards, and codes for xbox live. Please fix my tenure. The 2nd guy said he added it up and it was at 93 months so i should be almost an 8. My account has had very little time without
    gold. I understand you dont count the time that it isnt gold but i have a lot more time that is gold that needs to be counted towards my tenure then isnt counted. Thank you so much for your Help!

:)

H3NRI3, Nov 20, 2014
  2. NEONxTR1CKZ
    NEONxTR1CKZ Guest
    help

i joined xbox live in march 2011 and i got tenure 1 in march 2012 and i was due a tenure of 2 in march 2013 but it has reset my tenure to 0 yesterday please help

what happens now do i still get a 2 in 2013 or what please help

NEONxTR1CKZ, Nov 20, 2014
  3. Tenure not updating

Hey there Frost Fleury!

Sorry to hear about the account issues, glad to hear that you were able to eventually redeem you Xbox Live membership. As far as the tenure issue, what did your tenure display prior to your membership renewal?

Just to clarify, Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox Live Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox Live Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox Live Gold
    time has finished. You can find more information on tenure by checking out our Tenure Sticky.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed and we will be here to help.

Mister Quimby, Nov 20, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Tenure will always be listed a year off because it counts only on the birthday of the account. For example, if you created your account on Sept. 1 2006 then it would have shown 1 on Sept. 1 2007.

However, if you don't renew before the expiry of your Gold membership and spend a little time in Silver status then you will lose time off of the birthday. For example, you run out of Gold and it takes a month for you to renew it then that month will be
    deducted from the tenure. Small amounts of time add up which may be why you are only showing 6 years instead of more.

Remember that tenure is based on the cumulative years that you have been a Gold member and would need to be recalculated if you revert to Silver for any time.

I hope that explanation isn't confusing. I'm a little tired and feel confused just writing it. lol

onyxishere, Nov 20, 2014
  5. H3NRI3
    H3NRI3 Guest
    I know how the Tenure is added up but my account still has it added up wrong, i have two tickets opened on the subject and the last person i talked to said to post on this forum to get it resolved. My time added up is more then the time xbox live is giving
    me credit for. One of the guys i talked to even figure it out to be 93 months which is almost 8 years... Please someone look at the tickets and fix this.

H3NRI3, Nov 20, 2014
  6. H3NRI3
    H3NRI3 Guest
    Hello I am still waiting for an answer on my Tenure, I have been checking back everyday and no one is responding this is getting very upsetting since i talked on the phone with so many people then they send me to this form and you guys are ignoring me on
    here.....

H3NRI3, Dec 2, 2014
  7. Skunkboy74
    Skunkboy74 Guest
    Hey there!

There's currently a stickied thread in this board about an ongoing error with Tenure. It might be that your account is one of those that is currently experiencing the error. I know it's an older thread, but since it's still stickied, I'm sure it's still
    correct.

Sorry I can't be of any more help!

Skunkboy74, Dec 2, 2014
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Just so you know, there are only a handful of support agents on these forums. 99% of the people on these forums are gamers like yourself and cannot do much to help except post suggestions.

I believe phone support may have been incorrect in sending you here but I can suggest two options for you.

1. Find a post from one of the support agents. They have an S on their gamercard and send them a pm requesting help. Examples of support agents in the forum are Misses Joust, Miss Hennanigans, Mister Fitzer

2. Send a tweet to @xboxsupport on Twitter in the hopes they may be able to assist you faster.

onyxishere, Dec 2, 2014
  9. Hey there, H3NRI3! I'm very sorry to see any confusion about the way tenure works. Previously, tenure was based off of when the account was first created. A couple years ago, it was switched to be based off of the amount of time that the account has been
    a Gold member.

I have looked into your tenure, and it appears to be correct. Once you have reached a full 84 months of time as an active Gold member, it will roll over to 7 years. For example, if I created a Gold account today, 12/3, that account would stay as 0 year tenure
    until 12/4/2015. Then it would roll over to 1 year tenure.

I hope this helps clear everything up regarding tenure! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to post back. Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue! Please Help :) :D

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Mister Quimby Win User

Tenure not updating

Hey there Frost Fleury!

Sorry to hear about the account issues, glad to hear that you were able to eventually redeem you Xbox Live membership. As far as the tenure issue, what did your tenure display prior to your membership renewal?

Just to clarify, Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox Live Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox Live Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox Live Gold
    time has finished. You can find more information on tenure by checking out our Tenure Sticky.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed and we will be here to help.
  11. Skunkboy74 Win User

Hey there!

There's currently a stickied thread in this board about an ongoing error with Tenure. It might be that your account is one of those that is currently experiencing the error. I know it's an older thread, but since it's still stickied, I'm sure it's still
    correct.

Sorry I can't be of any more help!
  12. onyxishere Win User

Tenure will always be listed a year off because it counts only on the birthday of the account. For example, if you created your account on Sept. 1 2006 then it would have shown 1 on Sept. 1 2007.

However, if you don't renew before the expiry of your Gold membership and spend a little time in Silver status then you will lose time off of the birthday. For example, you run out of Gold and it takes a month for you to renew it then that month will be
    deducted from the tenure. Small amounts of time add up which may be why you are only showing 6 years instead of more.

Remember that tenure is based on the cumulative years that you have been a Gold member and would need to be recalculated if you revert to Silver for any time.

I hope that explanation isn't confusing. I'm a little tired and feel confused just writing it. lol
  13. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, H3NRI3! I'm very sorry to see any confusion about the way tenure works. Previously, tenure was based off of when the account was first created. A couple years ago, it was switched to be based off of the amount of time that the account has been
    a Gold member.

I have looked into your tenure, and it appears to be correct. Once you have reached a full 84 months of time as an active Gold member, it will roll over to 7 years. For example, if I created a Gold account today, 12/3, that account would stay as 0 year tenure
    until 12/4/2015. Then it would roll over to 1 year tenure.

I hope this helps clear everything up regarding tenure! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to post back. :D
  14. H3NRI3 Win User

Hello I am still waiting for an answer on my Tenure, I have been checking back everyday and no one is responding this is getting very upsetting since i talked on the phone with so many people then they send me to this form and you guys are ignoring me on
    here.....
Thema:

1. Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue! Please Help :) - Similar Threads - LIVE Tenure Issue

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  4. I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for Xbox live until 4/3/2025?: Okay unbanned me and my account bed318cb-6b51-4394-9dad-deb95da3f12c
  5. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  6. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  7. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  8. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  9. Why is Xbox Live network not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox Live network not working?: I have been playing the Witcher 2 lately and when I try to connect the emulator to the internet it gives me a connection error even though my Xbox is connected to the internet. Is there a fix for...
  10. With the new Xbox live changes do we keep our tenure badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With the new Xbox live changes do we keep our tenure badge?: Just wondering if we keep our tenure badge after the xbox core system goes through or if the new changes are purely a title change. Thanks 347de180-9f2e-4633-a402-dc7d3b35531e