xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Discus and support xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Unable to access Game DVR app from Xbox One. Loading hangs up and eventually results in error message "Something Went Wrong" with error code below:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnweildyFeline, Dec 25, 2016.

1. xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Unable to access Game DVR app from Xbox One. Loading hangs up and eventually results in error message "Something Went Wrong" with error code below:

0x87c40156

:)

UnweildyFeline, Dec 25, 2016
  2. v Gutz
    v Gutz Guest
    Game DVR clips missing error code "0x87c40156"

All of my gameclips on xbox live dvr are missing and when i try to manage captures through the game dvr app, I get a message with an error code of "0x87c40156" saying, "let us know by entering 0x87c40156 at xbox.com/errorhelp so we can investigate." When
    i type the error code at the errorhelp web address, this message appears, "Sorry! No Support articles were found for 0x87c40156." I am very disappointed that this issue occurred since I have had the Xbox One since 2013, I am bound to have many screenshots
    and game clips recorded throughout the 150+ games i own for the xbox one. I cherish these screenshots and game clips greatly as it allows me to relive great memories I have created through Xbox. I sincerely hope this matter gets resolved and for my screenshots/gameclips
    to get restored.

v Gutz, Dec 25, 2016
  3. R4GE 84
    R4GE 84 Guest
    Game DVR not working and captures not showing up

game dvr not working correctly and captures not showing up keep getting error saying something went wrong with error code 0x87c40156 any help to solve this would be much appreciated thanks

R4GE 84, Dec 25, 2016
  4. xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Good news I can now at least view and download my game DVR clips from Xbox app via Windows 10 PC!

Bad news continued: Via Game DVR App on Xbox One, I'm now able to see the game clips under "Xbox Live", but when I select "Share" option on a clip I get a

"Something went wrong" error message.

details of the error message are: "Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while."

11:54 am

UnweildyFeline, Dec 25, 2016
  5. UnweildyFeline Win User

Good news I can now at least view and download my game DVR clips from Xbox app via Windows 10 PC!

Bad news continued: Via Game DVR App on Xbox One, I'm now able to see the game clips under "Xbox Live", but when I select "Share" option on a clip I get a

"Something went wrong" error message.

details of the error message are: "Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while."

11:54 am

6. greg_window10_instal Win User

Error 0x87c40156

Hi Mattant,

Yes, it seems 0x87c40156 is not listed at the "Error & Status Code Search" page. So, I've probably been doing the same kind of research you have doing. And, from
    what I am seeing, it seems to be related to a game DVR conflict...? In either case, I found a pointer to a similar "Error 0x82323012 occurs when you try to use Game
    DVR on Xbox One
    " which basically says check your Preferences setting. Not sure if this helps, but I just wanted to make sure someone got back to you.

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  7. blazingwolf9472 Win User

ERROR : 0x87c40156

Hello, I am here because something went wrong with the Game DVR app. This error code was shown when I launched the app 0x87c40156. The problem is that I can't see any of my screenshots only my game clips. I'm not sure why it's like that, but I hope you'll
    help with this issue. Thank you.
  8. TheSwagateer Win User

Hello, I am here to discuss about my error code problem. When I loaded up the Game DVR app, the screen showed this error code:
    0x87c40156. When I changed the captures from screenshots to game clips I was able to view them instead. Not sure why I can't view my screenshots but I hope you'll investigate on this issue. Thank you.
  9. TheSwagateer Win User

Hello, I am here because something went wrong with the Game DVR app. This error code was shown when I launched the app 0x87c40156. The problem is that I can't see any of my screenshots only my game clips. I'm not sure why it's like that, but I hope
    you'll help with this issue. Thank you.
Thema:

1. xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr - Similar Threads - live storage error

2. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  5. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  6. Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting: I tried to sign in to Xbox live and it gave me an error code 8015190E and it said your console can't connect to Xbox live and to check my Internet connection and I did but everything was fine so I...
  7. xbox live cant log in 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox live cant log in 0x89235107: ı cant still log in to my xbox account i tred to reset it and didnt worked and i also tried *Press the Windows Button then type Services. Right-click over the Services App from the list of...
  8. accessing xbox live from pc to other device

in XBoX on Windows
    accessing xbox live from pc to other device: i recently broke my laptop and i’m unable so access the screenshots and screen recordings i took using the xbox live feature on my pc so i was wondering if i could access them on any other device...
  9. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  10. Upload Captures to Xbox Live storage missing from console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Captures to Xbox Live storage missing from console: Not sure what's going on here but I have more than 50% of space remaining for my Xbox Live storage. However, I am missing the option to upload game captures to Xbox Live storage. I do have the...