Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App

Discus and support Xbox Live Status when playing a Steam game through Xbox App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When playing a game I have purchased & downloaded through Steam but launched through the Xbox app, my online status shows "Xbox App" and I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by xHoTx Nismo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. xHoTx Nismo
    xHoTx Nismo Guest

When playing a game I have purchased & downloaded through Steam but launched through the Xbox app, my online status shows "Xbox App" and I can't upload/share game captures. When I try to share a capture I get a pop-up message stating that it can't be shared
    because Xbox doesn't recognize the game. I do not have this issue with games purchased & downloaded through Origin or from old 32-bit CD based games. I have friends who also play Steam games through the Xbox app, however their games do not present this issue.
    It will not only show that they are online, but they are able to share content as well. Is this a fixable issue on my end or is this really just a game to game basis?

Incase this is a game to game basis, one of the games I'm having this issue with is Age of Empires II: HD Edition; which is funnily enough a first party Microsoft Game Studios game.

:)

xHoTx Nismo, Mar 14, 2019
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: