Xbox live separate billing email scam

Discus and support Xbox live separate billing email scam in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am still not satisfied with Microsoft's response. Had your company been more transparent in its business practices and the fact that there is a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LCarey13, Jul 6, 2018.

1. LCarey13
    LCarey13 Guest

I am still not satisfied with Microsoft's response. Had your company been more transparent in its business practices and the fact that there is a separate billing email address that has to be changed in addition to the "alias" address this is an issue that
    could have been resolved months ago as I would have received my monthly billing statements to my gmail.com address. Instead, the statements were sent to an L: live.com email address I was forced to create for
    the account and therefore never received the billing statements at the appropriate address.

Because your companies response is that I should have read your documentation more carefully I have reviewed the only available "help" document that pertains to changing the email associated with my Xbox account. This being the same one I followed the day
    I changed the email associated with my account which can be found at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-a...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account.

No where in this document does it mention a separate location to change a billing email address. No where in any of your documents does it mention that to receive my billing statements I would need to go to a separate page and add and remove a separate email
    or I would have done that as well. To the contrary the document reads, and would lead one to believe, that this is the only place to change an email address associated with the account and that by removing the old address it would be forever rendered inactive
    across the entire account.

I feel that this was the major source of confusion caused by Microsoft because had I received my billing statements from your company I would have cancelled the unwanted auto-renewal after the first time I received a bill where my account was renewed at
    a monthly rate. I would have taken my licks and moved on without appealing to your "customer support."

Instead I feel that your company intentionally misled me in order to repeatedly charge me double for a service which I am a regular subscriber and have been for about 10 years. I intended to purchase only 1 month, non-recurring Xbox live membership and then
    was going to purchase a yearly membership at $59.99 after as is my usual habit. I was surprised when I noticed a recurring approximate $10/month charge by Microsoft on my banking statement. This is how I discovered what was happening, because I was not receiving
    the bills from your company because of the misleading email change help. After calling yesterday I talked to a customer service representative who was very abrasive, and after a long, heated discussion he finally explained where to change my separate billing
    email, which I did not even know exisisted up until that point.

I feel like your company did this intentionally so I would not readily notice I had not switched to a cheaper yearly subscription and thereby unfairly charging me what I consider double for the same service I have received for years.

Your supervisor told me that Microsoft refunds people who forget the have Xbox Live and do not use their service for a full value and try to give them free service to get them to use your product more. This does not make me feel better, because I have constantly
    used my Xbox Live and been a loyal customer for a decade I would think Microsoft would want to retain those kinds of customers, and not confuse them with a separate billing email and unwanted auto-renewal system.

I offered a fair correction in which I would pay for the next 6 months at a reduced rate to make up for the 8 months I had been misleadingly overcharged. Your company's refusal to correct this confusion caused by your own help documents and practices only
    reinforces the point that I believe this is done on purpose as a shady business tactic to draw more money from what you view as someone who will remain a Microsoft customer regardless of how I am treated. You believe now that I have found out how your system
    really works, which took me several conversations spanning over an hour on the phone to figure out, I should resubscribe to your service having "learned my lesson" and continue to give you money even after I have been burned!

I will inform you that if this is not corrected I will have learned my lesson, that I can not trust Microsoft. As such I will become a new loyal customer of Apple and Sony's PlayStation and forever leave Microsoft behind. I will
    also be sure to relay my experience with a few friends of mine in the media so they can let the rest of the population know what a rotten company Microsoft has become so others can be avoid not getting ripped off by your shady business practices.

I have also filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, so they may investigate this matter further.

:)

LCarey13, Jul 6, 2018
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Jul 6, 2018
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Be Careful ..XBOX Live

For those that don't know, never follow links in an email that ask for information go to the official site and log in there on your own. Easiest way to avoid scam emails.

Glad to know this shits going on, /spit.

cross44, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent Win User

MICRO ANNIVERSARY ENGLAND its is true????

5. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

xbox live gold help

Well if you have a credit card or something in your billing. Microsoft might be dibbing into it. Reason why your LIVE is still on. Check your billing statements and see if MS is taking your money. Turn auto renew off. That whole auto renew seems like
    a scam. You should of also received a automated Microsoft email for expiring LIVE account.
  6. Thymze Win User

Scammed

Yesterday I just recently got scammed out of my Xbox live account but luckily I reactEd fast and I changed the email password and reset the microscoft password and got my account back the gamer tag who scammed me is yo girl know me, he asked my friends and
    tried to scam them he is trying to scam other people please stop him.
  7. HILL5NAKE Win User

Xbox live Account Suspended ?

ok simple analagy google "xbox renewal scam" then google "phone bill renewal scam" as more people have phones than xboxs, would it not be logical under your analogy to assume that there would be more results regarding the phone bill........................er
    no............
  8. SwordofWhedon Win User

unexpected charge

Do you usually get texts? I get an email, never texts, is that because it's mobile billing?

My first step would be to call Vodaphone and confirm the charge, as this might be a phishing scam
Thema:

1. Xbox live separate billing email scam - Similar Threads - live separate billing

2. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  3. Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8: Hi everyone. I’m getting the above status message when I’m trying to re-download Modern Warfare 3 (2011) on the Xbox 360. I made the purchase within the last six months and have it downloaded on...
  4. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  5. How can I stop notifying my friends of my live stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I stop notifying my friends of my live stream?: Every time I stream Twitch on Xbox, my friends keep getting constant notifications that I am streaming. This is true for all my friends, including those who have me "Favorited" and those who do...
  6. connect to xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    connect to xbox live: hello. I have an RGH`D Xbox 360. I want to connect to internet and Xbox live. But I can't. and some people says if I connect to internet in RGHD Xbox 360. my Xbox will not work again. and I have...
  7. Xbox live problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live problem: Hi! can anyone relate that they cant log in to xbox live? i tried to lig in to minecraft bedrock edition windows 10 but i cant. It says "We failed to log you in to xbox live" idk if its right im...
  8. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  9. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  10. I cant connect to the xbox live when i open a game on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect to the xbox live when i open a game on pc: I try to uninstall the xbox application, reboot pc, reconnect my account, nothing work d330181c-e4b5-4980-9aaf-1be879184d0f