Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status?

Discus and support Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've had xbox live gold for nearly a full month now, bought the one year subscription for $60+tax from the Microsoft store, and every time I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by v3xxy, Jan 20, 2018.

1. v3xxy
    v3xxy Guest

I've had xbox live gold for nearly a full month now, bought the one year subscription for $60+tax from the Microsoft store, and every time I try to sign up and confirm for the Xbox Live Rewards stuff I keep getting the same error that I don't have xbox live
    gold on my account? I've tried several different times throughout the week and I keep getting the same error messages. Any way I can fix this? Or did I get the wrong subscription or something related to that?

:)

v3xxy, Jan 20, 2018
  2. My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

"My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

Xbox Live Rewards can only recognize paid monthly or yearly standard, non-promotional Xbox Live Gold memberships. If you have a different type of membership, we may not be able to recognize you as an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member."

I have xbox Live Gold Membership I pay for yearly...but I still don't think my Xbox live Rewards recognizes it???

Thanks

xbabycakesx187, Jan 20, 2018
  3. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Issue with gold/xbox rewards

Hello Bankai Ichigo X,

Promotional subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards, as stated in our FAQ:

—My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

Xbox Live Rewards can only recognize paid monthly or yearly standard, non-promotional Xbox Live Gold memberships. If you have a different type of membership, we may not be able to recognize you as an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member.

XBLRewards8, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status?

That's odd. Nope you got the correct subscription. You also don't need xbox live gold to join rewards it just gives you more advantage to earn more points. Does this happen when you click that link to signup/login? If that's not the link you're trying to
    click. Can you describe what is it? This will help everyone here to isolate the problem

Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status? [​IMG]

xHTGx Bonafide, Jan 21, 2018
  5. v3xxy
    v3xxy Guest
    Yes, the link I click is the "Join Xbox Live Rewards" and then when I choose the "Yes I want to participate in the Xbox Live Rewards program" it sends me straight to a page that says

"We're Sorry. Unfortunately, you can't join Xbox Live Rewards right now. It's strictly because you need an Xbox Live account to join Xbox Live Rewards. Just follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Connect to your Xbox One or Xbox 360

Step 2: Join Xbox Live*

Step 3: Come back and sign up for Xbox Live Rewards

If you have already taken the steps listed, please try again soon. "

And when I try again in a day or two it gives me the exact same message.

v3xxy, Jan 22, 2018
  6. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Hello v3xxy,

Apologies for the inconvenience. We have adjusted some information on your account. This should take about 96 hours to fully populate throughout our database, after which you should be able to register.

XBLRewards8, Nov 3, 2018
  7. XBLRewards8 Win User

Error in gold status

Hello DannyWC,

We see that you are not receiving Gold Status this month due to your subscription being a promotional Gold subscription for 1 month. Promotional subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards, so your free 1 month is not eligible. From our FAQ:

My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

Xbox Live Rewards can only recognize paid monthly or yearly standard, non-promotional Xbox Live Gold memberships. If you have a different type of membership, we may not be able to recognize you as an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member.
  8. XBLRewards8 Win User

Issue with gold/xbox rewards

Hello Bankai Ichigo X,

Promotional subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards, as stated in our FAQ:

—My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

9. XBLRewards8 Win User

Gems not received

Hello Wisefr0g,

After reviewing your account, your Gold subscription for the last three months was a promotional, discounted subscription. As mentioned in the FAQ, promotional subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards:

My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

10. Hordie Win User

Reward Points

Hi SmartMart1971,

Sorry you're having issues with your rewards. How did you renew, and did you use a promotion? Below is from the FAQ page here.

Q. My Xbox Live Rewards account is not recognizing my Xbox Live Gold membership. What should I do?

A. Xbox Live Rewards can only recognize paid monthly or yearly standard, non-promotional Xbox Live Gold memberships. If you have a different type of membership, we may not be able to recognize you as an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member.
  11. Drakken Saer Win User

Will remaining Live Gold Trial days be added to a new gold subscription and can I get Reward points with a trial?

Hi there Bl4chSh33p,

As per the Xbox Live Rewards FAQ, trial memberships may not be eligible for Xbox Live Rewards. See here: "Xbox Live Rewards can only recognize paid monthly or yearly standard, non-promotional Xbox Live Gold memberships. If you have a different type of membership,
    we may not be able to recognize you as an Xbox Live Rewards Gold member."

Purchasing an Xbox Live subscription while on a trial SHOULD add the remaining days of the trial to your subscription. I'm not 100% certain on that though.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Rewards won't recognize my gold membership status? - Similar Threads - Live Rewards won't

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. 1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership Reward Gone?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership Reward Gone?: Every year I have saved my points to get the 1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership. I always have that set as my goal and I was just looking and noticing that it's not there. Did they take this away?...
  4. One year live gold reward via points?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    One year live gold reward via points?: What happened to the one year live gold reward in points? It was there earlier this year and I was working toward this year and not it is not. 7ecc7ff6-b98d-4449-9fb6-d9b8844a2e2f
  5. Xbox Live Gold Reward

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Reward: If I have xbox live on a yearly subscription and I redeem it with my points does it simply add on to the time I had? 7d6cb74a-50b3-4c07-9c51-2b940cd33d6e
  6. One Year Xbox Live Gold Membership by redeeming Microsoft Reward Points

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    One Year Xbox Live Gold Membership by redeeming Microsoft Reward Points: My goal was set to redeem my Microsoft Reward points for a One-year Xbox Live Gold Membership, and it disappeared sometime in the last few days. How can we get this back as an option?? This has...
  7. I used my Bing points for 12 months live Xbox subscription reward but cannot redeem code I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I used my Bing points for 12 months live Xbox subscription reward but cannot redeem code I...: As the title says. I get a text saying "Hold off extending this right now" on the screen. Then it says something that I'm at my limit and it could take two to five years? So what does that mean? I...
  8. Reward Points & Xbox Live Membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reward Points & Xbox Live Membership: Can i share my xbox live membership with family members ? If so how ? Also if i have xbox live or a month how do i share with my family ? HELP O and y caant i use my microsoft balance to purchase...
  9. I have not received Octobers Xbox Live and Game pass quest reward

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have not received Octobers Xbox Live and Game pass quest reward: Hello. It is past the 4-6 weeks after the promotion has ended and I still have not gotten a message from Xbox Live with any reward yet. The Xbox Live quests is to play Trove, Livelock, and...
  10. Need to redeem Xbox live reward points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to redeem Xbox live reward points: I have purchased a lot of games digitally from the Xbox store and now that you guys have the rewards program on Xbox I was wondering if I could possibly get some of the points from the recent...